Official ALCS thread New York Yankees VS Detroit Tigers (NYY:0 DET:4) Yankees got swept :(

never thought i'd say it but it's sooooo boring watching these yankees play. they all try to hit the long ball and nothing else. no clutch hits whatsoever .

i watched that st. louis san fran game and everything , from the crowd, to the players, everything was way more exciting. just wish these guys played without trying to star in a yankeeography every at bat
mean.gif

i'm on the ledge , dont talk me off, tigers just finish it quick .....
BORING??? BASEBALL!?!?!?!!!

YANKS??????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go DETROIT finish off and continue emasculating those  rotten little who-was known as the new jerk skankies

2012 is a year of peace and renewel, not rotten scummy trash.

never thought i'd say it but it's sooooo boring watching these yankees play. they all try to hit the long ball and nothing else. no clutch hits whatsoever .
i watched that st. louis san fran game and everything , from the crowd, to the players, everything was way more exciting. just wish these guys played without trying to star in a yankeeography every at bat :smh:
i'm on the ledge , dont talk me off, tigers just finish it quick .....

I guarantee you that all aspects of the game will be more exciting in Detroit, much like San Fran. Different fan base, different culture.

Not intended to be a diss towards the Yanks because there really is nothing that you can do about it, but when you've got a perfect storm of greatly overpaid players, extreme expectations, massive slumps, and insane ticket prices it leads to the boring atmosphere we all saw on TV. With lots of friends in the NY area, I've learned that what you see in the stadium is really BS. Even the intensity of the posters in this thread alone debunks that image.

One thing that isn't boring is Ichiro. No matter when he gets up to the plate, I'm always on my toes. He's not going to strike out and everything on the ground has a chance to be a single. He can easily cruise home on a single from first and is a threat to steal a base. Too bad the Yankee's don't have anyone to drive him home.

i went to the game last night and it was a real good game till the umpire got the call wrong at second base that was suppose to end the inning. kuroda pitched a gem and the yankee bats just couldnt get that big hit. thanks to stubhub for the great seats for a real good price. the people sitting right next to me payed $200+ for their seats and i payed $110 for section 217

Red Sox to interview Tony Peña a second time after the season is over.

Last edited:
The constant thought of C.C. not going up against Verlander tonight is making me sick.

As ******g tight as I am... I still think we wake up and win this series. If not, I'm definetly rooting for Detroit... It has to be their year.

If they don't come back I hope they lose double digits every game, and Cabrera gets caught shooting up, and Verlander era goes to 30. Sorry I'm just pissed still.

Yankees | Alex Rodriguez, Nick Swisher not starting
Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:40:25 -0700

New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez and OF Nick Swisher are not in the starting lineup for Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against the Detroit Tigers Tuesday, Oct. 16. OF Brett Gardner is leading off and playing left field, with 3B Eric Chavez starting at third base and SS Eduardo Nunez playing shortstop. Chavez is 9-for-25 (.360) with a home run off Game 3 SP Justin Verlander, while Rodriguez is 8-for-30 (.267) against him. However, Rodriguez has three home runs. Gardner is 5-for-11 in his career off Verlander, while Swisher is 11-for-61 with three home runs.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/mlb#817262#ixzz29VF3LkPJ

9 years ago today :smokin

I can talk about this night for hours and hours with no end in sight.

I was at this game, 12 years old, sitting Field Level 3rd baseline with my aunt. She is a big Yankee fan, and paid out the *** to a ticket broker for these seats. I remember going into one of the parking lots across from the Big Bat at the old Stadium to get the tickets, and wondering why we weren't getting them from the ticket booth :lol: .

I don't want to get into too much detail (maybe tomorrow), but man, that was the best sporting even I have ever seen live, and it will probably always be #1. Hi-fiving and hugging random fans around me was unbelievable. Chanting "We Want The Fish!" on the way out of the Stadium, too memorable.

Hughes doesn't even go a full 4. Thankfully we have all of the pen to use tonight. Wish it didn't come this early, and with us trailing 1-0.

Last edited:
2-0 Tigers. This whole series has been a gut punch :smh: . Why on earth was Granderson playing shallow on Cabrera of all hitters?

Where is everyone in this thread?

Paid millions and can't hit the damn ball :smh:

EDIT : or just not playing :stoneface:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom