Official ALCS thread New York Yankees VS Detroit Tigers (NYY:0 DET:4) Yankees got swept :(

I know this will come off as me being a Yankee hater but did anybody else not think Cano sitting in the chair with his feet in the air was not horrible body language. I actually like Cano but if he was on my team and playing as poorly as he has, this would have irked me to no end

That body language and nonchalant demeanor by Cano is fine when they're winning...but under the microscope when they're losing. I do see your point. Might be something too it also.

Another thing...can't believe the guts of this guy A-Rod in hitting on women WHILE the game is going on :smh:

When this season is over, all the skeletons will be out of the closet surrounding the Yankees.

It'll be a rough offseason, that's for sure. A lot of hurt feelings and a lot of trades. I have a feeling they'll revamp the entire outfield and 3b/catcher.

Prediction for next season cliff note style.

- Rivera, pettite, ibanez, ichio & kuroda will be back next season.

- Yanks will offer cano a deal of 7 years/$150 mill. 3 other teams will be inolved, one of them will offer 8 years/$175 mill. This is where the drama begins.

- Swish wont be offered a new deal.

- Granderson will be offered something but not what he wants.

- Joba will be traded.

- Arod. The most overrated player over the last 5 years. Drama drama drama. Trade rumors galore, but nobody is taking on the rest of his deal. Yanks will
Have to eat 30% of it or better to move him.

- Arod will not be a yankee next season. Good riddance.

That picture of Cano confirms even more to me that some of the players have tuned out Girardi. I know he has always had a nonchalant attitude, but it seems like he has that Yolo Bynum attitude out there this postseason. I know that him and A-Rod are cool and I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing this way because of the way that A-Rod has been treated by Girardi. For all of his shortcomings in the postseason, A-Rod has won a couple of MVP's for them and he was their best player when they won their last championship and he's being platooned with Eric Chavez, who can move even less than him at this point and is hitting .000

Am I insane for thinking that Girardi is actually the one keeping the Yanks at least in reaching distance when the 9th inning rolls around? He's certainly playing his cards right with regard to bullpen use.

There are some sure-fire professionals on the team (Ibanez, Ichiro, Chavez, Wilson aka veterans...) and its seems to me like these are the only guys most likely to do anything at all right now. Everyone else is just out there going through the motions.

I think Grandy is due for a bounce back year. IIRC He had his issues with striking out in Detroit and came back for a 30/30/30/30 season. Unfortunately for him, his defense is easily replaceable on the Yanks and they might try to move him because of this abysmal offseason performance.

How about Avisail Garcia? I complained about him earlier and he's come through with three clutch hits. I hope he can continue to learn from Miggy

Uhhh, why should he have brought in A-Rod to pinch hit? The guy has been late on 89MPH FB's the entire postseason, he's not catching up to a 95MPH one from Coke. It's not like Ibanez was overmatched in that at bat either. Kay needs to stop with his stupid conclusions that he's reaching for. He's that guy who always says something outrageous that not many folks are thinking just in the hopes of being right so he can say he was the first to say it. He does it all the time. You don't pinch hit for your hottest hitter in the postseason with a guy who is struggling with AA fastballs and can't recognize an offspeed pitch falling out of the zone to save his life this postseason.
One of the reasons he shouldn't get what Boras wants him to get. That double play in Game 2 in the 7th inning that he botched and then laughed about it in the dugout spoke volumes to me. And this isn't the first time.
Oh yea, here we go with this payroll nonsense again :lol:

:smh:

That body language and nonchalant demeanor by Cano is fine when they're winning...but under the microscope when they're losing. I do see your point. Might be something too it also.
Another thing...can't believe the guts of this guy A-Rod in hitting on women WHILE the game is going on
mean.gif

When this season is over, all the skeletons will be out of the closet surrounding the Yankees.
Everything is bothering me about the Yankees right now. The pic looks like it was taken in April. Everybody walking around like they already had their travel agent book flights and hotels for vacation. Arod walking around smiling from ear to ear when he's been taken out of the line up for playing terribly. And when he is in the lineup, he's looking for groupies to take home. If they seemed hungry I would take KG's "anything is possible line" (see Red Sox in '04 I think), but they seem complacent. **** is humiliating. Blow up the roster and buy some young talent this winter.

We'll be back.  

Last edited:
They would have to eat at least $95 million to be able to move him.

lol a few days ago I saw Donald Trump on TV ripping Arod...He was like nobody likes him. His tenants in his building hate him. And then Trump said that the yankees should just cut him because he's a disgrace to the organization. :lol:

Last edited:
In the past, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes. Now, I'm not sure. I think the end solution will be they will try and give him one more year at the corner and hope that he stays healthy enough to play 135-140 games and keep Chavez to platoon with him and revamp the OF.

I have a friend close to the Marlins that just texted me that the Marlins and Yanks are discussing an A-Rod trade. If he doesn't play tonight, that should be a good indication that it could be imminent.

I have a friend close to the Marlins that just texted me that the Marlins and Yanks are discussing an A-Rod trade. If he doesn't play tonight, that should be a good indication that it could be imminent.

i have a friend too...

Well I THINK it can't be approved until after arbitration starts but it can be agreed upon. I mean not to say that I don't believe your friend but they are odd trade partners. Bell would replace Soriano I guess :lol: he's going to opt out and want years and money. Here's hoping it's LoMo.

Cano has always been "nonchalant" it's only magnified when we lose, nobody was saying that when he was hitting .650 the last couple weeks of the season. It is what it is with him.

Other than that, I don't expect anything too dramatic in the off-season.

i've always complained about cano's nonchalant attitude . think his feet woulda been up when a guy like o'neil was stompin around the dugout. we aint got dudes like that anymore, guys who care.

i've always complained about cano's nonchalant attitude . think his feet woulda been up when a guy like o'neil was stompin around the dugout. we aint got dudes like that anymore, guys who care.

He wouldn't of done that if Jeter was around. A-Rod, Andruw, Garcia all have been salty for being left off the playoff roster. Misery loves company. Kevin Long has to go, it's been 8 games and no sign of adjustment with out hitters. Verlander only struck out 3 last night in 8 1/3 throwing a 130 pitches, it wasn't like he was dominant. We were having contact.

yeah , i could see jeter kickin that cooler out from under him ... cant even watch these guys, team needs to get hungry again .....

Back
Top Bottom