Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

They been taking my money for a good decade. They better not flop on this or I’m never paying for another Alien movie

Man i can’t wait for this. Got tix for Thursday on imax.

Also picked these up. Xenomorph head from Cinemark and facehugger tube from Regal. Bummed i didnt get the slime cup from Cinemark.

IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg

Also not sure if this was posted already.

IMG_0712.jpeg

Seems kind of weird that Romulus takes place between Alien and Aliens.

Edit: I suppose in this timeline, W-Y gets a report of an incident with the xenomorphs and begins establishing colonies throughout the galaxy, likely in areas where they think these incidents occurred. When Ripley is found, the colony on LV-426 has been there for decades, which lines up. So, they know it's out there somewhere, and Ripley specifically reveals where they encountered it.

Last edited:
All I member from Covenant was:

Dr Manhattan looking in the ominous alien facehugger pod, just becauss Fassbender asked him to.... died his *** off :lol:

Franco being the pilot

EDIT:

Bruuhhhhhh!!! WTF who wrote this?
At this point in the film, people are already dead and u gonna put your face in weird **** :lol:

Last edited:
Was reading some backstory on the franchise. I did not realize the Alien premiere was in Seattle. It was at SIFF. My mom said "yeah, where do you think I saw it?" She was actually at the premiere with some guy she was dating (who did not end up being my dad) and nobody knew anything about it. She said it was the most terrifying movie she'd ever seen, and still to this day.

It kinda is, because of Bishop in Aliens. He is a clone of the real Charles Bishop Weyland in AVP and I forget how he became a clone in the early movies. I'll have to look that up.
Got it. I haven’t seen Aliens in a while so I gotta catch it again one of these days.

Got it. I haven’t seen Aliens in a while so I gotta catch it again one of these days.

AVP established Bishop as a synthetic form of of Weyland, looking exactly like him. But, in Prometheus, Guy Pearce's character is supposed to be Weyland, so it gets confusing. What is also ret-conned is Ash and other synthetics that act on their own accord. David in Prometheus pushes the Law of Robotics, whereas Bishop honors them. Ash (in between both) breaks all of those laws by being programmed by the company.

It's even referenced in both movies, specifically in Aliens, and to a lesser degree in Prometheus. Remember the scene when David asks Holloway what he'd do to find out the truth? He says "I would do anything". That gave David the green light to infect him. In Aliens, Bishop literally tells everyone (mainly, Ripley) he's not allowed to harm humans as he guides the transport ship down.

You liked the movies after Alien and Aliens?

I liked 3 after revisiting it and looking at all the things I like about David Fincher films. 4 had its problems but the weird alien baby at the end scared me more than any other alien film. And I also thought 4 had great performances from the supporting cast. The AVP films are TRASH. And I really enjoyed Prometheus, even though the plot was pretty bad.

Tried watching Covenant a couple times and can never get past 30 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom