Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

Holy crap did they cook! I give it a 8.7. Such a fun movie. I loved all the tie ins especially to Prometheus; I thought they were gonna distance those movies but glad they didn’t.

I saw it today, really liked it, 8.5/10. I think we may have our new Ripley, they'd be crazy to not lock up Cailee Spaeny (Rain) up for like 3 more movies.

Looks like Cailee's the 'it' girl right now.
First saw her in Mare of Eastown... then in Civil War earlier this year... and now this.
That's quite the range, from innocent victim to bada$$.

Just came back. That was a fun movie. Hope there are more movies in the future with Cailee/Rain and Jonsson/Andy.

Well deserved. Nothing better than when the Predator and Alien franchises are thriving. I'm sure Timothy Olyphant won't let us down in the upcoming show next year.

Looking forward to this streaming so I can re-watch it.

After seeing pics of the HR Giger museum I have a reason to go to Switzerland. Even has a bar inside (4th pic)

Gruyeres-Alien-HEad-Mask-at-HR-Giger-Museum.jpg

gruyere-126558-l1020842_3000.jpg

gruyere-15191-11d8b322242b95f23969dee6231a6db7b24095da_3000-scaled.jpg

gigerbar_gruyeres_0099.jpg

I know Fede got the blessings of his family, but there was something off-putting about digitally inserting the actor who played Ash in Alien in this movie.

He could've easily just gotten another actor.

I know Fede got the blessings of his family, but there was something off-putting about digitally inserting the actor who played Ash in Alien in this movie.

He could've easily just gotten another actor.

really was kind of unnecessary, i mean i get it, they really wnted to show that this was weylands plan all along and that it connects to the alien1 but mostly for nostalgia so it felt forced and worsened by terrible cgi

hell they should have just gotten fasbender

Looks like Cailee's the 'it' girl right now.
First saw her in Mare of Eastown... then in Civil War earlier this year... and now this.
That's quite the range, from innocent victim to bada$$.
I didn't realize she was the kid in the fx show, Devs. I wonder if she auditioned for The Last of Us.

Her character made the dumbest decision but it was necessary for the typical alien movie ending.

Yeah, but I can't even blame her at this point. Plus, whenever a group of young folks are in a movie, you know you're guaranteed some major low IQ plot stuff for movie needs.

which part?

i mean she was the most oblivious out of everyone, she was just taking a nap and next thing she knows something is breaking through her friends chest and he cousin lover dying from dripping acid goo

and in the end, she thought she and her baby was gon' die and she trusted her brother wanting that goo in her and that it might save her so she did it because she felt she was dying

If they make more prequel movies and the next one just copies Aliens then i'll pass. Want something new and not just remixes of the old movies.

Back
Top Bottom