Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

I'm looking forward to this sequel. There were a lot of unexplained things in the last one. Didn't get to see the deleted scene before Youtube took it down. I hope the writing is better on the next one.

found some interesting fan theories on the relationship between the Preds and Neers...
The Engineers were a scientific race... travelling the cosmos and even creating life. Their main focus was science and advancement. Like an apex species, they had little fear.

The Engineers stumbled across the Predator species... but the predators are a ruthless species, only interested in supremacy through violence. The Engineers represented a new challenge to them, and an interstellar war began... A war that the Engineers were ill-equipped and not ready for - separated from conflict for millennia, they had been able to turn their focus to other things. Their technical and scientific achievements were unmatched. But faced with the fanatical ferocity of the Predator species - who would kill at all cost - they found themselves beaten back. 

They put safeguards in place so the Predators couldn't use their technology - the flutes that initialized their systems were specifically designed for that purpose. The Predators invented technology to help them mimic the sounds of other life forms for that very reason... as a work around.

So they turned to the one thing they did best - genetic engineering; and created a weapon that not even the Predators would be able to deal with... and that only the Engineers held the kill switch for. Or, at least that was the assumption. 

But the Predators adapted too fast. Fighting a war on two fronts, and loving every second of it. The Engineers sent a strike force to their military outpost that housed their last resort - the doomsday ships loaded with "black goo" weaponry; but an accident stopped them just before launch. The Predators defeated the Engineers and subjugated the new Alien species - placing it at the pinnacle of their predatory achievements... ushering in two millennia of new hunting culture, where they used the Aliens on many worlds as a test of their prowess. 

The last Engineer was awoken by the Prometheus expedition; and realizing what had happened, attempted to carry out the doomsday attack - but failed. This could have been a rogue element in the Engineer society; and they could still exist... but that seems unlikely... as coexistence with the Predator species would be impossible.
Suppose, if you will, that the Engineers and Predators are not at war. Instead, the Engineers employ the Predators to test their new bioweapons. The members of the Predator species are the ultimate hunters, able to survive in many different climates and environments, heal themselves quickly, etc. Who better to determine the worth of a new weapon? The Engineers hire the Predators to do battle with their creations, whittling them down until only the best remain for future use.

Then came the xenomorphs. A weapon more deadly, adaptable, and advanced than anything they had created before. Naturally, the xenomorphs reproduce beyond the control of the Engineers, and spread across the surfaces of numerous planets. Who can they turn to? As strong and scientifically advanced as they are, they cannot regain control of their mistake. Who can they turn to? The Predators.

The Predators then send a team to (insert planet here) to eradicate the xenomorph infestation. In a suitably epic battle, the Predators are defeated. This, of course, cannot be tolerated. The entire species swears a blood feud with the xenomorphs; they will not stop the hunt until every facehugger, dog, soldier, and queen has been vaporized. But it comes too late to save the Engineers, who have been overrun by their own creations.

After hundreds of years of hunting the xenomorphs, the Predators manage to control the infestation. But they must not become corrupted by hubris, and must teach future generations of the greatest enemy that they ever did battle with, and the dangers of bioweapons. So, they capture a queen alive, and transport her to some blue, backwater planet with a suitable atmosphere: Earth.

Using the indigenous populations, they build the temples we see in AVP to educate and train young hunters, lest the xenomorph threat ever again raise its head.

found some interesting fan theories on the relationship between the Preds and Neers...

While it would take god knows how many movies to hash such things out, it's way, way, way more creative (and sensible) than anything any dip**** Hollywood writers can bother to come up with.

While it would take god knows how many movies to hash such things out, it's way, way, way more creative (and sensible) than anything any dip**** Hollywood writers can bother to come up with.

Yeah, they're gonna hash it out in like a 5-10 minute scene in the next movie just to have it in there :lol:.

i mean the movie was definitely not intended for the "median" audience......

this movie had a specific target audience, more so the core alien fans and hardcore sci-fi heads....so the average intelligence/intellectual capacity between the "median" movie goer and the "core sci-fi" guy is broad af.....pretty much explains the mixed reviews.

I loved it, thought it tied in pretty gracefully with alien without being OVER-THE-TOP....it was a smart movie they didn't need to literally spell everything out for you (which some people hated, literally need every detail explained), which is great because I love piecing parts the movie together as I watch (director challenges your own imagination)....and prometheus did that well...gave you just enough to connect dots between engineers/xenomorphs and the history/uprising of them (assuming you have seen and ENJOYED the alien franchise)

I think the production, cast, and visual effects were enough to carry the movie for someone with 0 knowledge or background info on ALIEN, which translated to a kinda cool/scary sci-fi space alien flick.

cant wait for the next, just hope the continue to cater to the "core" opposed to the median ($$$)

Last edited:
Is the reason Noomi ain't coming back for Convenant cuz this movie didn't do that great? I was expecting more her given how Prometheus ended.

But if Convenant takes place decades later that makes sense too.

Is the reason Noomi ain't coming back for Convenant cuz this movie didn't do that great? I was expecting more her given how Prometheus ended.

Prometheus made over 400 million off a 130 million budget.

didnt do that great? i think NT throws that claim around too loosely.

one of the characters in Convenant is rumored to be the husband of Charlize's character. i dont think its set up to be decades later. idk, maybe it is.

word is Noomi is in the film but only briefly.

i think they had great intentions for Noomi's character early on with Prometheus, but messed up the story by having too many rewrites and ended up painting themselves into a corner by trying to implement horror movie logic 101.

it would have been great to see what Ridley Scott had in mind for Prometheus originally. now all we're going to get is Ridley's attempt to change the game in horror films like Alien did years ago. that doesnt interest me as much as the original plan.

oh well.

Well, David is still there so he will continue her story even if her appearance is brief.

Prometheus made over 400 million off a 130 million budget.

didnt do that great? i think NT throws that claim around too loosely.
I'm thinking more of how ppl were ******** on it and saying it wasn't a good movie. Not on NT either.

I happened to like it.

Disappointed that Noomi is only making a brief appearance. She should've punted david's head like a football.

Man I rewatched Prometheus recently on Netflix and there are so many head scratching moments that I didn't realize back when I first watched. So many scientists making such boneheaded decisions :lol:.

Either way still gonna tune into Romulus.

Not gonna lie, the original Alien scares the living you know what out of me when I finally saw it when I was a little older (came out 3 years after I was born). This looks as good as the originals!! Can't wait!!! 👍👍

I’m looking forward to this. I’ll be watching it for sure. I really hope we get more insight on the engineers at some point in these films. I want to get more of a look into their culture and lifestyles.

Man I rewatched Prometheus recently on Netflix and there are so many head scratching moments that I didn't realize back when I first watched. So many scientists making such boneheaded decisions :lol:.

Either way still gonna tune into Romulus.

I hate this take about Prometheus. They were on an unknown planet. They are scientists. They are supposed to investigate things. It just went awry, like plenty of other movies like this. That's like saying Alien sucks because they broke the quarantine protocol. They made mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom