Official Angels & Demons Thread: May 15th.

angels-and-demons-poster-0.jpg

I've been waiting for this film for years.

hope they do justice to the book.

i actually read the da vinci code before i saw the movie..

so it'll be a case of the same. pics of vittoria?

This was a much better book so it could be a great movie.

What I've seen so far looks pretty good - the locations are just stunning too.

I need to start reading the books, but so far I've liked the movie so I think this one could be good.

I've been wanting to see this...seems like it will be easily better than the Da vinci Code

I'm gonna wait for the reviews before I go see it. I was really disappointed with Da Vinci Code. A&D is the better book though.

Originally Posted by Diego

Im scared that this will not do the book justice.
most likely it won't...but still, don't let that keep you from enjoying the movie. people usually say they hate movies because the book isso much better, but you have to just take the movie for what it's worth. it's rare that movies live up to their books. but i totally hear whatyou're saying.

I'll obviously see it, but my expectations are low after Da Vinci Code. Hanks as Langdon has got to be one of the worst casting decisions ever.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

most likely it won't...but still, don't let that keep you from enjoying the movie. people usually say they hate movies because the book is so much better, but you have to just take the movie for what it's worth. it's rare that movies live up to their books. but i totally hear what you're saying.
wait... deadsetace knows how to read?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

most likely it won't...but still, don't let that keep you from enjoying the movie. people usually say they hate movies because the book is so much better, but you have to just take the movie for what it's worth. it's rare that movies live up to their books. but i totally hear what you're saying.

I understand what youre saying, but I just thought this book was so
pimp.gif
when I read it.
The way locations were described....Lets just say this book is the reason why I want to go to Rome/Vatican City as badly as I do.

Itd be a damn shame, if I lose some of that appeal after having such great visuals in my head.

Does anyone else feel that Dan Brown is a one trick pony? I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code book and movie. I just read Angels and Demons in preparation for theupcoming movie...and they are literally the exact same book. His next book, The Lost Symbol, is also a carbon copy of the first two.

Back
Top Bottom