Official Angels & Demons Thread: May 15th.

nerd.gif
one of the must see movies this year for me

Originally Posted by CWK

Does anyone else feel that Dan Brown is a one trick pony? I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code book and movie. I just read Angels and Demons in preparation for the upcoming movie...and they are literally the exact same book. His next book, The Lost Symbol, is also a carbon copy of the first two.

i dunno about the exact same book..

but he does have a certain formula..

digital fortress and the other one have similar plot structures.

the book was pretty good.. had me thinking alot.. i doubt the movie is gonna be anything like the book.. they always mess up...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I'll obviously see it, but my expectations are low after Da Vinci Code. Hanks as Langdon has got to be one of the worst casting decisions ever.
but he's such a great actor.

Sorry i never read the books, so i don't understand how the character is suppose to be

I need to re-read the book again..not sure if i'll have time with a busy schedule..but i was sorta disappointed in the Da Vinci Code movie..the book istill read on a regular..it's good imo..

Hopefully it turns out to be a good movie. I won't get my hopes up... I really enjoyed reading the book.

Been waiting myself, I thought the cern scientist lady would look like a model, from the way described in the book. Illunminati, finally going public. Death ofthe cardinal, interesting plot; aww I cant wait for the movie, I want to see how the disabled cern director look also. I bet he have a top of the line wheerchair equiped with flat screens. Most definetly a sell out.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I just read Angels and Demons in preparation for the upcoming movie...and they are literally the exact same book.
They are?

I read them both a while ago and I cant tell the difference between the two.

I'm re-reading A&D so that I can at least know what's going on in the movie.

Originally Posted by eddie

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I'll obviously see it, but my expectations are low after Da Vinci Code. Hanks as Langdon has got to be one of the worst casting decisions ever.
but he's such a great actor.

Sorry i never read the books, so i don't understand how the character is suppose to be
He has too much face recognition. I'm not saying they needed a nobody, but it's %#*$+!% Tom Hanks. Even beyond that, he's just not theperson I envisioned playing Langdon at all. At least that awful, long haircut is gone...

I want to read the book before this movie comes out. This looks movie looks pretty decent

I actually liked Angels & Demons more so than The Da Vinci Code. But yeah, can't wait to see it.

I still don't get how they were permitted to film this movie at the Vatican.
The Pope's been urging folks to boycott Dan Brown's work for awhile now, haha.

Movie was pretty good. Better than i'd thought it would be after watching the Da Vinci code.

Aint touchin the book though. I love the detail the book goes into but obviously you can't fit all that into one film.

Pretty disappointed.

Spoiler [+]
Wheres the Illuminati Diamond????

Cross keys is the last brand? WEAK.

No battle between Langdon and the bad guy?

Seemed to me that in the movie they acted like being at St. Peters tomb was no big deal at all... the book gave me a feeling of reverence as they made their way to the tomb.

One thing i did like though was the visuals of the Cardinals deaths... they were almost exactly how i had imagined them when I read the book.

oh well
ohwell.gif

I liked the movie didnt read the book so I cant compare it makes me want to see the Vatican

The scientist chick
pimp.gif

hate to say it but the book is way better, mainly because of all the details it gets into

the movie switched up a couple of stuff but it's still pretty good

People that read the book, where was the Director of CERN? dissappointin

i hope the DVD gives an alternate ending

Back
Top Bottom