Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

If you havent seen the movie, stay out of the movie thread. Spoilers are ridiculous, shouldnt have to hide them.

I was a bit let down by this movie. I felt like Ant-Man could've just piggy backed onto another movie like they did Falcon and War Machine.

They did reference Spider-Man in the movie.. it's right before it ends when Michael Peña is telling the story.

That Wasp suit was made for Evangeline Lilly. She has the best body out of every female in the MCU.

I really hope she gets to rock that in Civil War. Hope's pretty much "better" than Scott, as far as physicality goes, so I'm sure she'll still be able to teach Scott a lesson or two once she's allowed to cook in her own suit :pimp:

Last edited:
Did anybody have many kids at their showings? I know Marvel movies are made for all audiences but I felt like I was watching a Pixar movie today. Parents do not know how to control their damn kids.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the film. Probably my second favorite film of the year behind Mad Max: Fury Road. The only gripe I had was the villain but that has forever been Marvel's problem.

Also, the two credits scenes were very satisfying. Got me hyped for what the MCU has to offer going forward.

^guilty of brining my daughter. She was well behaved, though and wanted to watch the movie. She did get a little excited when they mentioned the Avangers lol. She's five so she was out by the time the movie ended. That gypsy line had me cracking up.

That is perfectly fine when the moment calls for it. The mention of The Avengers would count as an example.

I was dealing with kids talking non stop about everything in the movie and completely random stuff and their parents/guardians did nothing. :smh:

Pretty good movie all around.

Funny, had some heart to it, fun action scenes and another okay, but forgettable villain.

Honestly, kids aren't a problem at the movies if you go at the right times. If you go early afternoons on the weekends those seem to be the peak times.

Last edited:
I go during the weekdays to avoid children and families. Too many parents that let their kids act out of control in NYC at least.

Idk, I never had a problem with kids even during full theaters. Maybe my area is just well behaved like that :smile:

Idk, I never had a problem with kids even during full theaters. Maybe my area is just well behaved like that :smile:

Word. My theater don't play that. Always go to premieres with a packed house and I've NEVER had an issue. It really does suck for you guys who get your experiences messed up though.

When i go to the theater, I typically watch a matinee and there will be like no one in there. For Jurassic World and Antman, especially JW, there were a lot of youngins but they were decently behaved.

Just came back from the theater.

Ant-Man was really good.

Michael Pena :rofl:

Rudd was believable as a superhero

Michael Douglass was good.

The fight scene with Falcon :pimp:
The Spider-Man hint :D
Stan Lee cameo :lol:
Hope getting the Wasp suit :pimp:
Cap and Falcon with WS :wow: :pimp:

Movie was honestly a top 3 origin story for Marvel. I would only put IM and GOTG ahead of it. So its ahead of Thor, Captain America, AOU (Vision, Scarlet, Quicksilver and Ultron), etc. And the

microverse

was :wow: :nthat:

Can't wait to see how that ties into Dr. Strange as has been hinted by Feige.

Dope movie. Even my gf enjoyed it and I had to convince her to see it because until now she thought Paul Rudd was annoying.

movie was that good !? 

can't wait to check out .....I'm so behind on movies because of how hectic my summer has been 

I love when people go in costume. You see that more and more with each Marvel movie.

Kinda wanna do that for CW tbh :lol:

Last edited:
I loved the film. I can understand if people thought it was an average Marvel movie, but it was very creative. The whole, "doing this for my family" motivation is always a peeve of mine, unless it's done right, and IMO, Paul Rudd pulled it off. Michael Douglas/Pena were solid. Disappointed that Corey Stoll had to play such a generic villain.. What a waste. Evangeline Lilly seemed like she phoned in her performance though. Until the very last scene, that is. :lol:

In my top 5 of Marvel films.. Avengers, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Cap 1 & 2 (no particular order).

BTW, don't miss the mid and post credit scenes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom