Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

^Idk about 'phoning in her performance'

I thought she had a subtly captivating performance. And her chemistry with Rudd was really good!

^Idk about 'phoning in her performance'

I thought she had a subtly captivating performance. And her chemistry with Rudd was really good!

Word, so much so that kiss at the end didn't feel forced, like Banner and widow. Solid enjoyable movie, better than gotg due to no wtf moments. Yeah aside from IM1, best origin flick.

There was a 'love story' but I didn't see any chemistry. I hope future movie deads the Black Widow/Hulk story asap

Last edited:
Finally saw ant-man. Nothing special about the film. Typical extended superhero training montage.

For an engineer dude can be dumb.

Breaks in a house to return what he stole :stoneface:

Telling falcon his name in the beginning of a break in :stoneface:

As far as easter eggs go I am surprised no one mentioned
The relationship between the man and the suit is symbiotic

This movie definitely suffers from the director switch. I dont care for Edgar Wright but I see his vision and liked it. Wouldve definitely been better with him on board. You can tell which scenes were his and which were marvel's

This is not a breakthrough movie for marvel. Out of the 12 I would rank it 7th or 8th.

I see all this Hope praise but she was such a *****. People actually wanting them to be a couple :smh: Hope it's only females spewing that ********

Darren Cross was a weak villain even by Marvel Standards.

Some of you ****** hype the MCU too much

i would give it the edge over GOtG because of the added sentimental value to the story, besides Peters backstory with his mom that movie lacked a certain sentimental charm, something that was great in Antman, the whole story with Hank/Janet was very touching and I really hope Scott finds a way to recover her now that he knows how to get out.

Besides the OG avengers and maybe Winter Soldier there isn't another marvel movie touching this one.

CUT IT OUT.

Besides the OG avengers and maybe Winter Soldier there isn't another marvel movie touching this one.

CUT IT OUT.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

I give your trolling a 2/10

Tell me how is IM2, IM3, Thor 1/2, Cap1 or AOU by any means more fun, more genuinely funny, visually better and have a more touching origin story or coherence to the overall MCU?

ILL WAIT.

Tell me how is IM2, IM3, Thor 1/2, Cap1 or AOU by any means more fun, more genuinely funny, visually better and have a more touching origin story or coherence to the overall MCU?

ILL WAIT.

Yet you cant tell me how this film is better in any way. Cuz the reasons you gave are straight garbage. Writing how this movie aint comparable to half of the MCU movies is a waste of my time so keep waiting.

You ****** stan for marvel too hard.

Last edited:
Yet you cant tell me how this film is better in any way. Cuz the reasons you gave are straight garbage. Writing how this movie aint comparable to half of the MCU movies is a waste of my time so keep waiting.

You ****** stan for marvel too hard.

Take a look at the batmanVsuperman thread, I'm far from a marvel Stan, hated AOU that joint was Garbage, how can I be a marvel Stan when this movie pretty much craps on 80% of the other films :lol:

How are my reasons "garbage" ?

This movie by far had more sentimental value than all the other films, no forced love story or FORCED humor and a coherent connection to the rest of the MCU... How are these "garbage" reasons? :lol:

Only gripes I had with the movie was the idiot cops and YellowJacket falling in line with yet another lackluster/generic villain

No forced anything fine. Still a factory made superhero movie.

Bruh this is like the 10th marvel film, at this point that's what every Marvel movie is going to be...just another superhero flick.....but within this realm, Antman outshines all the other "factory-made" superhero flicks...BY A MILE

For sure this blows AOU out the water, the movie which was supposed to be Marvels big ticket

At this point every Marvel flick is 50% LOL LOOK HOW FUNNY OUR SNAPPY JOKES ARE and 50% LOOK HOW THIS FITS IN AND CONNECTS WITH MOVIES THAT WILL COME OUT NEXT YEAR. LOOK AT THANOS AND THE INFINITY GEMS! It pretty much is what it is at this point

That's why people like Cap 2 so much; because it wasn't just another brick in the wall. I didn't enjoy it as much as other NTers simply because I'm not really a Cap fan like that and Falcon is hella lame but whatever

I won't be seeing Ant Man until next Saturday but based on what I'm hearing I think this movie will have done its job. I'd say a rating as one of the best Marvel movies (yes, even Guardians) is probably fair and this is me not having seen it at all or knowing nothing about it

Last edited:
At this point every Marvel flick is 50% LOL LOOK HOW FUNNY OUR SNAPPY JOKES ARE and 50% LOOK HOW THIS FITS IN AND CONNECTS WITH MOVIES THAT WILL COME OUT NEXT YEAR. LOOK AT THANOS AND THE INFINITY GEMS! It pretty much is what it is at this point

That's why people like Cap 2 so much; because it wasn't just another brick in the wall. I didn't enjoy it as much as other NTers simply because I'm not really a Cap fan like that and Falcon is hella lame but whatever

I won't be seeing Ant Man until next Saturday but based on what I'm hearing I think this movie will have done its job. I'd say a rating as one of the best Marvel movies (yes, even Guardians) is probably fair and this is me not having seen it at all or knowing nothing about it

Pretty much, the only movie to sort of stand out as a standalone film is Cap2...Antman is just another piece of the puzzle, the shinniest, prettiest piece so far....like I said it blows 80% of the MCU out the frame....makes me look forward to CW much more, also left me wanting more, which sadly enough hasn't been the case since Avengers :lol:

I just hope DC knocks it out of the park so that Marvel has some competition to make them step their game up. Only 2 movies in so far and neither have released so I cant tell if that will be the case.

I will say this. Once again in the movies Marvel has everyone perfectly casts. Glad to see that's a trend that's continuing.

Take a look at the batmanVsuperman thread, I'm far from a marvel Stan, hated AOU that joint was Garbage, how can I be a marvel Stan when this movie pretty much craps on 80% of the other films :lol:

U have no DC hot toys tho...

Finally saw ant-man. Nothing special about the film. Typical extended superhero training montage.

For an engineer dude can be dumb.

Breaks in a house to return what he stole :stoneface:

Telling falcon his name in the beginning of a break in :stoneface:

As far as easter eggs go I am surprised no one mentioned
The relationship between the man and the suit is symbiotic

This movie definitely suffers from the director switch. I dont care for Edgar Wright but I see his vision and liked it. Wouldve definitely been better with him on board. You can tell which scenes were his and which were marvel's

This is not a breakthrough movie for marvel. Out of the 12 I would rank it 7th or 8th.

I see all this Hope praise but she was such a *****. People actually wanting them to be a couple :smh: Hope it's only females spewing that ********

Darren Cross was a weak villain even by Marvel Standards.

Some of you ****** hype the MCU too much

K.

Saw it today, good movie, probably the funniest marve movie next to GOTG. Interested to see where this goes from the post credits scene

Lol
He told Falcon his name? Should've made it super easy to find him when he was looking for him at the end

Back
Top Bottom