Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Movie was great. Can't even front, Marvel is on fire.

The briefcase scene was so good. Can't wait to see how the store expands.

Paul Rudd came up.:pimp:

EDIT: How could I forget Michael Peña. Had me near tears every time he was on the screen. Love his stories taking place at a wine tasting and an art gallery.:lol:

Last edited:
I just saw Antman yesterday and Michael still has it. He turned back the clock and reminded me know great of an actor he was.

LOL I'm reading y'all's reviews and typically its WAY over the top. Let's get some pros and cons here. I won't say "movie was trash!" Or "OMG this movie > second coming of Jesus for sure!!" but I will create a list and drop of my final words

Pros:
. An antman movie won't get any better than they made this
. Good guy cast was good (the main ones)
. Story was simple
. Movie wasn't overly long
. When it was good it was good

Cons:
. Marvel like what they like and they sure do love horrible over the top comic relief characters!! :x

. The main villain literally could not of been in the movie and had this all about stealing the suit and everything still would of worked. Marvel has outdone itself with their line of forgettable villains and created a villain that was completely useless and unnessary.

. The movie starts slow, then hits the fast forward button to make him antman, then the movie is over. That's exactly how it plays out

. The emotional parts just didn't work between the daughter and hank. Maybe just me but its felt completely shoehorned in and had no real feeling. Maybe if they showed more about the wife other than a 4 second flashback or something.

. The moment the movie picks up......... It's over :x Pretty self-explanatory

. TOO MANY thrown in jokes at every moment possible. The movie has no serious moment in it at all. It's like Oprah jump in with the "you get a joke, you get a joke, you get a joke!!!".

. Now this next one is to be expected but it's worth mentioning again, STOP with references to past or future movies :x It was cute at first but now they're just thrown in there.

Overall like I said an antman movie IMO wasn't going to get much better than this and it was typical all style, low substance, over the top nonstop attempts at humor marvel is prone to deliver.

Not a bad movie but what was good was ALMOST completely overshadowed by silly mistakes and a HUGE sense of being rushed at points. At the end it's typical serviceable set up for the next movie status. First time you watch it you're bombarded with just the initial reaction of seeing it unfold, and marvel references, and "bam bam bam look at this!", and it's cool! Then you sit and think about it or see it again .........

Last edited:
Yeah the movie was certainly not the masterpiece it's being made out to be on here :lol: but it was definitely enjoyable

Just a generic superhero origin movie with some decent-to-great comedy, but that's not a bad thing

And I agree that this Marvel trend of completely forgettable and boring villains has to end

Last edited:
movie was solid and in terms of quality, I'd put it on par with Ironman 1 in terms of orgin stories, it was just different(might've helped i knew NOTHING about the character) also michael pena's character was on point(atleast to us californians) the language he used and even the events he attended were def suitable for the environment(bay area) It also helps that me and my wife literally hiked where they driving back from prison a day before seeing the film :pimp:

I enjoyed the film a lot too.
But yea I liked the villain, but man they get rid of him that easily? Dude has one of the best costumes out in any of the Superhero films.

I need marvel to have one serious film. Like Cap 2, that movie was awesome with a tad bit of comedy.

Movie was meh at best. Like 7th or 8th out of the 12 so far. Like I said. Some of y'all beast for Marvel too much.

Other than that I agree with BLASTER on every point

At least I am looking fwd to the next 3 MCU movies in a row, but expectations are curbed for Dr. Strange and any new Marvel franchise.

Last edited:
Movie was easily better than:

Cap1
Thor1 and 2
Ironman 2 and 3

I personally like it over AOU too.. It was like GOTG for me, a fun movie I could see myself watching multiple times.. While I enjoyed WS and think highly of it, I easily watch GOTG a lot more whenever I see it on.. Could see that with this too, especially for pena

If us thought this was just MEH I gotta say you guys must also think about 80% of MCU is "meh" too...because with about 3 other movies this one was one of their best....only behind Cap2, IM and Avengers, I slightly like it better than GOTG but I think those are toe to toe.....the rest of the MCU is absolute garbage in comparison.

Tell me AOU was better than AntMan and seriously mean it, because AOU was straight overhyped trash man.

And yes YJ looked cool as hell, but falls in line with just about every MCU villain besides Loki :lol:

No way man...but ok is a matter of taste...I respect that YOU like it better, but that movie was mediocre at best, movie was legit a clusterf**** and pretty much an updated version of the OG avengers with a couple of new characters....same ol jokes, the worsttttttt onscreen love interest of any MCU movie, BW dealing with infertility (GUAT!?) the farm, Ultron barely a threat gettin his *** whooped by IM alone, not even the whole squad together.....I can go on and on, but chill....movie was trash bro

AOE had a better villain

better heroes (purely because there were more)

better action

and I didnt mind how "messy" it was with all the extra characters. I love that there are so many different characters each with their own storylines, but I understand how it could be seen as messy and confusing for most people

i would say AOE was a more enjoyable movie but it barely met with expectations while antman exceeded expectations 

Compared to the 3 new heroes introduced in AOU id put AntMan ahead of all 3, vision is obviously more powerful, but he was just so rushed in....the rest of the heroes we've been watching for over 3 years in their own movies...if we take all their origin stories, AntMan >>>> with maybe the exception of Tony...

I'm not saying AntMan was a masterpiece, but is top notch Marvel work, origin, cast, acting, fun factor and re watchable value.

I got antman like GOTG.. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can easily see myself turning the channel anytime I see it's on just to see which part of the movie it is on and checking it out for a bit.. Especially for Michael Pena

The good guys were extremely likeable

I won't say it's a better film than WS (because I don't think that), but I could easily see myself watching antman more in the future.. I guess I would say it was the more enjoyable film of the two

That's why I rank GOTG over WS, both well done.. But I enjoyed GOTG more

Last edited:
WS is incredibly over hyped. The entire middle of the movie Boarders near borning, the main villain (who is also over hyped) doesn't show up until 3/4 of the movie is over and they just tried to throw in some emotional attachment with him but part 1 did a horrible job of building the relationship that it fell flat and the climax of the movie was kinda meh. The movie is good in the sense that it's a marvel movie but as for movies in general it's overrated.

Gotg is still the best marvel movie

Last edited:
fHP2xbu.jpg

Just saw it in 3D :pimp:

was dope... I liked it

Captain America was in the movie apparently but I missed that.... was he actually in it?

Back
Top Bottom