Official Apple Media Event Thread: January 27, 2010

although the iPad is nice device, I think what interests me the most is the A4 chip APPLE put together...it's going to be interesting to see how far they take this.

Yal opinions dont matter,

on release date these will be camped for and sold out to the masses that Apple has brain-washed over the years...

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Originally Posted by airforce416

ipad-vs-iphone-2.jpg

damn this thing is huge
sick.gif

OD. This thing will flop harder than the DVD Rewinder
what size were you expecting? if it were small and compact, it would be a damn ipod.
this device is supposed to be used while being mobile, but not while you are walking obviously. for plane trips/car trips/the train/etc.

its not a stationary device, and its not a moving mobile device either.

although i want one, i doubt i will be buying it anytime soon as to how i am planning on buying a mbp.
the device is really only for those who really want it. it is going to be the first released of a new category of devices that will be the next turn in technology.
so everyone hating now can continue to hate, but apple owns the mobile market. so once the Joo Joo and that HP device release, you will see fewer people with those, and a lot more people with the ipad.

much like how the ipod and iphone were. there werent fully touch screen phones with app stores until after the iphone.
now everyone is making full touch screen smart phones with their own apps.

apple releases firs, and everyone else follows suit.
the HP device looks good, and its probably better than the ipad, but apple's products ALWAYS win due to simplicity.

watch and see... once again for the third time...

Originally Posted by hella handsome

ipad-vs-iphone-2.jpg

damn this thing is huge
sick.gif

what size were you expecting? if it were small and compact, it would be a damn ipod.
this device is supposed to be used while being mobile, but not while you are walking obviously. for plane trips/car trips/the train/etc.

although i want one, i doubt i will be buying it anytime soon as to how i am planning on buying a mbp.
the device is really only for those who really want it. it is going to be the first released of a new category of devices that will be the next turn in technology.
so everyone hating now can continue to hate, but apple owns the mobile market. so once the Joo Joo and that HP device release, you will see fewer people with those, and a lot more people with the ipad.

much like how the ipod and iphone were. there werent fully touch screen phones with app stores until after the iphone.

apple releases first, and everyone else follows suit.
the HP device looks good, and its probably better than the ipad, but apple's products ALWAYS win due to simplicity.

thats not true....I had my first MP3 player in 1999, sure it sucked batteries like nothing, and didnt have a flashy app store...but it was dope!!!!

apple has done good on taking other ideas and making them fashionable......but this iPad is just an awkwardly shaped ipod touch.....it does nothing different from my touch, beside the 3G, which lets me browse the web while I am away from home......I think they missed the boat on this one....

When will the Macbook line see an upgrade? Summer? I'm gonna buy one this year but I don't wanna buy one now, then 3 months later find out about an update.

Originally Posted by DublBagn

ipad-vs-iphone-2.jpg

damn this thing is huge
sick.gif

thats not true....I had my first MP3 player in 1999, sure it sucked batteries like nothing, and didnt have a flashy app store...but it was dope!!!!

apple has done good on taking other ideas and making them fashionable......but this iPad is just an awkwardly shaped ipod touch.....it does nothing different from my touch, beside the 3G, which lets me browse the web while I am away from home......I think they missed the boat on this one....
yeah, i had an older mp3 player before the ipod too, but when did the mp3 player phenom start?
when the ipod released.

my argument in that point was more so for the iphone rather than the ipod.
apple always takes over a market and makes new rules for it. laptops have to be thinner, uni body, and Eco friendly. smart phones have to be touch screen, accelerometer, app store.

with the case of the ipod, it just took over and crushed the market.

but once the iphone released, EVERYONE except nokia hopped on the bandwagon of making iphone "clones and killers" which were all pretty much just knock off iphones with less appeal.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

on release date these will be camped for and sold out to the masses that Apple has brain-washed over the years...

Sad, but very true. 

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

When will the Macbook line see an upgrade? Summer? I'm gonna buy one this year but I don't wanna buy one now, then 3 months later find out about an update.
They usually get updated right before school, I think the same time that the iPods get refreshed.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

They usually get updated right before school, I think the same time that the iPods get refreshed.
I got my 15 inch when they introduced the new ones during fall of 08.  I noticed that they gave a boost in march of 09.  And then another boost in October.  The big thing is that Nvidia doesn't have a license to produce chips for the new I3,I5, and I7 processors.  Apple moved to Nvidia because their integrated graphics card (9400) is still to this day twice as fast and produces as much if not less heat than the integrated cards that Intel offers on their boards.  Now it really doesn't affect the 15 inch much since we have a secondary graphics cards as well.  However, the 13 inch which is still branded as a "pro" would be affected dramatically. 

Nvidia and Intel are in courts ATM (if I'm not wrong) over this, and I hope Nvidia wins the battle because as good as Intel is producing their processors.  Their chipsets suck and they really use monopolistic practices against their competition.  Just look at what they did to AMD over the past few years and see the court order that was issued by the EU last month. 

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Sad, but very true. 

I have a feeling that Apple is about to take a L with this one.

iPhones and iPods,I understand to a certain degree.But this thing,I just don't see the use.I refuse to believe that any one is that brainwashed.

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

sold out?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And if anything, Apple will be ready as always and have a full stock of them so they won't sell out. I don't think there will be any Apple devise that will be like the first gen iPhone. Ever since then, all newer iPhones have been really easy to get cause there are well prepared so they won't sell out.

Originally Posted by jretro23

might be off topic, but question... should i buy a macbook pro now or wait?

According to these guys, Macbooks update before school around September....so if you can wait that long....

Originally Posted by DublBagn

ipad-vs-iphone-2.jpg

damn this thing is huge
sick.gif

yeah, i had an older mp3 player before the ipod too, but when did the mp3 player phenom start?
when the ipod released.

my argument in that point was more so for the iphone rather than the ipod.
apple always takes over a market and makes new rules for it. laptops have to be thinner, uni body, and Eco friendly. smart phones have to be touch screen, accelerometer, app store.

with the case of the ipod, it just took over and crushed the market.

but once the iphone released, EVERYONE except nokia hopped on the bandwagon of making iphone "clones and killers" which were all pretty much just knock off iphones with less appeal.

apple makes it pretty. everybody else makes it functional. i'll take function over form any day of the week

If you can wait, then wait till end of Spring.  There should be an event around the time the iPhone was released.

I LOVE THE iPad cant wait for the release b/c i can get a Macbook,  I know i will get a great deal on a Macbook from some DUMB Hypebeast sucka on ebay trying to sell their Macbook to purchase the LATEST AND GREATEST FROM APPLE!!!!!!

I really don't see the point of this gadget. It's so stupid yet you have Apple slave fanboys defending it. What's the point? It's slightly thinner than a laptop, but it's not more portable. Seriously, I can't imagine a single situation where an iPad would be convenient to carry, but a regular laptop wouldn't. Basically anything you use to carry/store this iPad: briefcase, backpack, car, whatever, you can use to store a regular laptop there as well.

Back
Top Bottom