Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

No Iphone for Verizon yet again. Bloggers failed.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

So what about existing customers? My brother and I both have the 3G we bought last year. Can we upgrade and how much would it cost us?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by Datnggag

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Don't be fooled... that new 13 MBP isn't a MBP... just being called a pro... no dedicated video card...

Lame apple... lame
This is somewhat true...but the specs otherwise are still on par with the Current MBP the reason why I wanted a MBP was for the dedicated video card..So when I do cop im going to get the "real" mbp

I always liked the fact the Pro's were called a Pro for the reason they are more geared for professional use. Music editing, video editing, photo editing, hence the Dedicated video card.

A regular Macbook is more for everyday use, school, work, etc. Will do some light editing but nothing on the professional side.

When I'm looking at this 13 inch pro.. all I'm seeing is a Firewire port (Which the previous Macbook's had), an SD slot, and a slightly faster processor, oh and a 100 dollar price drop.

IMO the biggest thing that make's a pro a pro is the video card
It's been touched on, but now it's moving towards a difference in the case (obviously) and hardware specs/limits I presume. I mean, thelowest 15" config doesn't have discrete graphics IIRC, so it's essentially putting the 13" on par with that (there was no reason *not* to dothat if they offered a MBP at without discrete graphics before).

Now that the MBP offers a 13" screen I'm torn between portability and discrete graphics. The price cuts make the discrete more accessible, butI'm not sure if I'll be utulizing it all. Anyone have comments on how that discrete processor works in conunction with CS4 now that Adobe'soffloaded the work to the GPU? I've been running CS4 on my desktop (PC) anxd while all the specs on it are pretty good/good enough to run CS4 usually, butsince Photoshop's ooffloaded the effort to the GPU (my graphics card is a POS now) it's been running terribly.

Originally Posted by icykicks79

where can i watch the keynote..

also, theres no 32gb iphone everyone was talking about??? or rumored about??
Yes the 3GS comes in 16GB for $200 and 32GB for $300

The iPhone 3GS - so what are we going to price it at? Just $199. Woos and applause. 16GB version. $299 for a 32GB device.

Dammit next week the S drops who else is about to call att and ask forupgrade pricing i swear they better let us rock since its a year under when the 3G dropped.. but i think they gonna probably run it like last year were if uhad the original iphone you automatically get subsidy on the new model... Im kinda mad there was no suprises but hey im glad about the new macbooks ... dam nowi gotta pay my att bill smh

can someone enlighten me if the new iPhone will be faster than the previous 3g? I missed that part.

Not bad keynote

I will cop the new iphone, finally upgrade from my 2G
And a strong possibility i will buy the 13in MBP

Originally Posted by E3LAL

can someone enlighten me if the new iPhone will be faster than the previous 3g? I missed that part.

it's called 3GS...the S stands for speed...

I really expected more. Notmuch of an improvement over the current 3G. Only thing I like right now is the pricing.

anything new about the IPOD or IPOD TOUCH? i'm thinking about copping the ipod touch for my whip

Back
Top Bottom