Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

I don't know all the technical jargon or anything but did they say this new phone will have Flash and actually play videos from sites like Hulu withinsafari like the HTC touch does?

Ok...so I upgraded my broken 2g to a 3g exactly 14 days ago. I called my ATT store and the guy said it was all "rumors" and that the new pricewasn't confirmed.

I wanna know if I should pay the $20 restocking fee and return my phone or if I should take the $100

real talk though the 3Gs is sweet, but for those who have the 3G with it jailbroken and the 3.0 update it is pretty much the same thing.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

So video will be available on the 3G huh? Well then what really makes the 3GS better aside from longer battery live and speed? There are no spec differences?
Iphone 3gs has the voice control, compass, built in video camera with video editing, 3mp camera, autofocus, videorecording

The faster speed? This is a dumb question but does it include internet browsing and faster apps? Will 3.0 make the previous iPhone faster?

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

CashmereThought96 wrote:

Dammit next week the S drops who else is about to call att and
ask for upgrade pricing i swear they better let us rock since its a year under when the 3G dropped.. but i think they gonna probably run it like last year
were if u had the original iphone you automatically get subsidy on the new model... Im kinda mad there was no suprises but hey im glad about the new macbooks
... dam now i gotta pay my att bill smh
I would seriously be shocked if they did.

i think they know they will lose sales well know sometime this week like we did last year .. ATT might not like the idea ut apple will threaten them
They won't lose sales because they got people locked in for 2 years when they copped the 3G last and they're making the $30 a month offthe data plan for all iPhone 3G users to recoup the subsidy. If you do decide to leave you still got an ETF to pay. They're in the driver seat. Mostcell companies are concerned with new customers as oppose to exsisting customers. This will be interesting none the less to see how they handle the situaiton.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

So video will be available on the 3G huh? Well then what really makes the 3GS better aside from longer battery live and speed? There are no spec differences?
I'm pretty sure they put in a better processor, more RAM, ect. Atleast those were the rumors before this conference. We'll have to seewhen someone actually dissects one to know whether it has and by how much.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I don't know all the technical jargon or anything but did they say this new phone will have Flash and actually play videos from sites like Hulu within safari like the HTC touch does?
Yep, that would be perfect if they allowed Flash, but I doubt it for some reason...

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a newtwo-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). "

Originally Posted by Jabawokee

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). "
ATT can go eat a big fat *#*%
i guess im going to stick with my 3g for a while
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheNorthside

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). "
ATT can go eat a big fat *#*%
i guess im going to stick with my 3g for a while
laugh.gif

pretty much

wait? even with a new 2 year contract it's that much?

Ain't no !$!*%!$ way I would pay that for a phone AT ALL. They are out their damn mind
smh.gif

smh at me buying my MBP a month ago... i was just hoping updated specs but not a price drop too! damn, could've had an extra $500 on me

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

NO!
for new customers signing for a 2 year contract
prices are
32gb 3gs- 299
16gb 3gs- 199
8gb 3g- 99

roll.gif
OD

Ouch. I guess upgrading isnt an option. at least not for $600.

3G + OS 3.0 will do.
smokin.gif

Ok, I'm a little confused on pricing. The 3GS 16 gig will be $199 for qualifying ATT customers. What does that mean exactly? Is it $199 for customers whosign up for a new contract or are due for an upgrade? Or is it just $199 flat out? Edit: Nevermind, just read a few posts above.

Originally Posted by TheNorthside

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

NO!
for new customers signing for a 2 year contract
prices are
32gb 3gs- 299
16gb 3gs- 199
8gb 3g- 99
okay, so what if i have a 2G iphone and i am due for an upgrade, so i pay the 199 price?

lmao so 699 if I want the 32g WITH extending my contract..whats that make the phone out of contract 1000-1400 ? That's bull.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Ain't no !$!*%!$ way I would pay that for a phone AT ALL. They are out their damn mind
smh.gif
Ummm....... hell nah I'm good...

Back
Top Bottom