Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Can't I just sell my iPhone 3G and then get that $399 upgrade to the 3GS? Or do they take your old iPhone when you get the upgrade?
You could do this, however, you're just setting yourself up for the same thing next year. The $399 price also includes a renewed 2-yrcontract, so when the new iphone hits next year you'll be in the same spot as this year...a nice vicious cylce. Personally, I'm sitting this one outand will wait until next years iphone.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Originally Posted by ericescobar

few questions. please help

One, i bough my iphone 3g on May 16th. The iphone 3gs comes out on the 19th. what are my chances of being able to return the 3g and get the new one? the guy that helped me out at ATT said he could try and help me. but honestly, does anyone know?

also, i'm def. buying the new 13 inch macbook pro. now, the free printer thing, has anyone done that? how much did you have to pay for the printer before the rebate actually came? how does it work out? also, how much did the student discount save you> i think its 50 bucks right?

thanks

Generally, at Apple Stores, you have 14 days within release date to be able to upgrade without cost. I'm not to sure how it works at ATT though.

If you do purchase a 13 inch Macbook Pro, you receive a $100 discount on the computer. With that, you're eligible for a rebate up to $100 on any printer in store. There is a Canon printer that is $100, it's the Canon MP480 (print, scan, copy) so yes, you would get a free printer. As far as the iPod, the rebate is good for up to $229, which is basically the price of the 8gb iPod Touch. You can upgrade the printer or iPod, but in the end you would just be paying the difference and sales tax.

Hope that answers your question.
They changed the policy to 30 days for the iPhone 3G. I got a homey returning his and his wife iPhone to cop the new one.

Went to order the 3GS and this came up....

Important Information:

The following features are not available for the phone you've chosen for upgrade and will be removed:

iPhone Data Plan + 1500 Text

Originally Posted by Jabawokee

Important Information:

The following features are not available for the phone you've chosen for upgrade and will be removed:

That sucks, mine went through. They better not try some BS once I get my bill in the mail. Mine said I can keep the same plan I have on my iphone1st gen.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Can't I just sell my iPhone 3G and then get that $399 upgrade to the 3GS? Or do they take your old iPhone when you get the upgrade?
You could do this, however, you're just setting yourself up for the same thing next year. The $399 price also includes a renewed 2-yr contract, so when the new iphone hits next year you'll be in the same spot as this year...a nice vicious cylce. Personally, I'm sitting this one out and will wait until next years iphone.

So I have about 1 year left on my contract. If I get the upgrade, will that make it 3 years left? Or will they just replace this 1 year left and just add a new2 year?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Important Information:

That sucks, mine went through. They better not try some BS once I get my bill in the mail. Mine said I can keep the same plan I have on my iphone 1st gen.
Incorrect. The data plan is now $30 and does not include text I believe. So be prepared to pay more now.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Important Information:

That sucks, mine went through. They better not try some BS once I get my bill in the mail. Mine said I can keep the same plan I have on my iphone 1st gen.
Incorrect. The data plan is now $30 and does not include text I believe. So be prepared to pay more now.

Wow you're right, I just looked at my current plan and the text and data charge was together but now I see its separate.
mad.gif
AT&T is the worst. Luckily I don't have trouble managing my minutes soI'm still able to keep this bill under $100, but this is the bulls###

Ok I'll start from the begining and copy/paste everything it says.

Clicked the "Check upgrade options"

This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricingoption, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment.

We can offer you an additional discount up to $50.00 off regular 2-year commitment pricing and a waived upgrade fee on most devices. Additional discounts donot apply to iPhone.

iPhone Upgrade
As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you an iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

Clicked on the Apple iPhone 3G S - 16 GB - Black

Important Information:

Rate plans

Required Feature

Data Plan for iPhone (Required) $30.00 a month

Calling Features
Early Nights and Weekends $8.99 a month Early Nights and Weekends

Messaging Features
iPhone Text Messaging 200 $5.00 a month

iPhone Text Messaging 1500 $15.00 a month

iPhone Text Messaging Unlimited $20.00 a month

VoiceDial $4.99 a month
Includes:
VoiceDial
VoiceClip
VoiceInfo

Detailed Billing $1.99 a month

AT&T Roadside Assistance $2.99 a month

theres copy and paste as i've been using it since the first beta, it was one of the first things implemented when it was seeded to developers

Just finished ordering also, picked the white 16gb verison, at&t price plans are completely stupid. But I chose 450 with 5000 free night n weekends, i dontburn mins crazy so im good. keep my bill under 100 cash.

People that want to buy the new one but have a 3G, SELL THE 3G for 250 then use that money combine it with the new money n cop it, thats what i've wouldadone.

Apple took me back from the G1 lol.

If I buy my phone unlocked from ebay or something can ATT still force me to get the iphone plan or can I keep my current plan?

SickWitIt wrote:
Ya that's what I'm probably going to do too. Still disappointed with the new phone though. I hope they are "twice" as fast asthey claim.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

SickWitIt wrote:

Ya that's what I'm probably going to do too. Still disappointed with the new phone though. I hope they are "twice" as fast as they claim.

this is what im going to do as well. How much can i get for an unlocked 16GB 3G?

Originally Posted by November33rd

If I buy my phone unlocked from ebay or something can ATT still force me to get the iphone plan or can I keep my current plan?

you can keep your current one.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by E3LAL

SickWitIt wrote:

Ya that's what I'm probably going to do too. Still disappointed with the new phone though. I hope they are "twice" as fast as they claim.

this is what im going to do as well. How much can i get for an unlocked 16GB 3G?

Somewhere between the range of $400-$500 maybe even more

damn i gotta sell my bold and some how upgrade to this...

is that possible if i just do what he said up there ^^??

can u switch to an iphone plan?

AT&T rapin yall price wise, makes no sense. $30 for the data and then u still have to pay for textin
smh.gif
I'm glad Tmo fixed that. Yall some fools payinall that on top of a voice plan and insurance, etc
smh.gif

My 2 year T-Mobile contract is ending this month! Finally! About to sign with At&t.

Question:
Is it much harder to price the iPhones if you are on a family plan? What I'm trying to say is will it be more expensive because my whole family is onAt&t and I'm trying to jump on with the family or should I just go seperate.

I am interested to see if there is any major upgrades for the original iPhone. I am skeptical of getting to benefit from 3.0, but I guess I will upgrade thesoftware and if i am not impressed, i can always buy a more current phone.

hear that?

it's money flying out of the bank account......*sigh*

Anyone actually order one online yet? People are getting different delivery dates...but the site says it will be delivered on the 19th.

I had a first generation Iphone... These new ones don't go any faster when ATT doesn't have decent coverage anywhere in your city. Safari 4 seems coolso far, though.

Im guessing they arent selling the "new" 13 inch Macbooks they released back in Fall '08.

I purchased mine when it first dropped... but i see now it's being replaced by the 13 inch Macbook Pro.

SMH. They need to swap mine out. Yall think I could sell mine and get the Pro for about the same price give or take?

Back
Top Bottom