Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

Just got back from at&t and pre-ordered my iphone
pimp.gif

So for the reduced-priced iPhone 3G, it will be 99 bucks starting tomorrow but you need to wait for OS 3?

nerd.gif

few questions. please help

One, i bough my iphone 3g on May 16th. The iphone 3gs comes out on the 19th. what are my chances of being able to return the 3g and get the new one? the guythat helped me out at ATT said he could try and help me. but honestly, does anyone know?

also, i'm def. buying the new 13 inch macbook pro. now, the free printer thing, has anyone done that? how much did you have to pay for the printer beforethe rebate actually came? how does it work out? also, how much did the student discount save you> i think its 50 bucks right?

thanks

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

So for the reduced-priced iPhone 3G, it will be 99 bucks starting tomorrow but you need to wait for OS 3?

nerd.gif
Nope, it started today..and i believe you dont need to wait for OS 3, its just an update

can't wait to upgrade to os 3.0 really for me it's like 2.5 because i have most of the features(video, mms, copy and paste etc.).. most definitely willupdate the iphone thread as many questions will be asked..

jigga technology ftw!! (minus the bluetooth)

Just reserved like 3 at 2 different mac stores one in pa ( i might be aon a weekend vaca out there on the 19th) and one in my home apple store.. i wonder if these reservations stick lol

That $699 price sucks.. and I need a 32gb.
smh.gif

I guess ill just keep my 16gb for now.. Unless I can sell this one.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Originally Posted by CWrite78

same here, i want a 13inch MBP since my 15 inch is basically a desktop replacement now. 4GB ram, 320GB HDD for under 1499 (i have a cousin that works for apple so using his discount) . sounds good to me.
No offense, but it just sounds like you're trying to make any excuse to buy the new MBP.
laugh.gif

i can't lie, i LOVE apple products.. so you're probably right lol
laugh.gif
Nothing wrong with that. But yeah I will probably be inthe market for either the 13 or 15 inch MBP. My old dell laptop is having overheating problems past couple years and would be ideal to use a backup (my excuseat least).

By the way to the people who missed the keynote you can watch it on their site.

http://events.apple.com.e....html?internal=ijalrmacu

Can't I just sell my iPhone 3G and then get that $399 upgrade to the 3GS? Or do they take your old iPhone when you get the upgrade?

Originally Posted by ericescobar

One, i bough my iphone 3g on May 16th. The iphone 3gs comes out on the 19th. what are my chances of being able to return the 3g and get the new one? the guy that helped me out at ATT said he could try and help me. but honestly, does anyone know?

also, i'm def. buying the new 13 inch macbook pro. now, the free printer thing, has anyone done that? how much did you have to pay for the printer before the rebate actually came? how does it work out? also, how much did the student discount save you> i think its 50 bucks right?

thanks
1. You should make sure that they're willing to let you return the phone on the 19th since it's only three more days but if not you mighthave to return the 3G on the 16th and stick it out until the 19th for the 3G S. You'll probably have to pay the restocking fee though.

2. Me too. I don't think there is a free printer offer but there is a rebate of up to $100 on cannon printers. They are offering free iPod touches though.I'm just gonna sell mine on eBay since I don't really want it. The student discount saves you $100 now on the 13" MBP.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you have to pay to reserve or just call and give them a number?
Yea you pay for the phone when you reserve it. atleast that is what i did

'preciate it...might go by this weekend and reserve mine...

QUESTION...With the update do you still get the video camera or is that just with the new phone? Are there any differences with the new phone or is the newsoftware just as good? Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by ericescobar

One, i bough my iphone 3g on May 16th. The iphone 3gs comes out on the 19th. what are my chances of being able to return the 3g and get the new one? the guy that helped me out at ATT said he could try and help me. but honestly, does anyone know?

also, i'm def. buying the new 13 inch macbook pro. now, the free printer thing, has anyone done that? how much did you have to pay for the printer before the rebate actually came? how does it work out? also, how much did the student discount save you> i think its 50 bucks right?

thanks

Generally, at Apple Stores, you have 14 days within release date to be able to upgrade without cost. I'm not to sure how it works at ATT though.

If you do purchase a 13 inch Macbook Pro, you receive a $100 discount on the computer. With that, you're eligible for a rebate up to $100 on any printer instore. There is a Canon printer that is $100, it's the Canon MP480 (print, scan, copy) so yes, you would get a free printer. As far as the iPod, the rebateis good for up to $229, which is basically the price of the 8gb iPod Touch. You can upgrade the printer or iPod, but in the end you would just be paying thedifference and sales tax.

Hope that answers your question.

hey guys Im on someones computer which doesnt have quicktime and I cant install it at the moment, is there any other way I can watch the keynote??????

help please

hell yea, i'm eligible to upgrade. i know it's not what people were expecting, but i dont need anything else from a phone, and my 2g has crapped out sohard

Back
Top Bottom