Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Yeah thats a tonne of jerseys.

All in one swoop or like over a period of time?

Surely if it was done over time they would notice jerseys missing
Yea someone came in and took 5 jerseys and then returned the next week and took another 5 and so on for 40 straight weeks. Come on man...

^No prob dude. I recently was on meigrays site and was wondering where all the jerseys went. I stumbled across this today...

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...en-into-450-nba-game-worn-jerseys-stolen.html

wow crazy! I did search through their secondary website from time to time to check out the jerseys from past seasons.

Not sure how high the chance is that the jerseys will resurface! They can remove the jersey authentication program tag, tailor the jerseys down and change the size tag, which makes it very difficult to track them.

In the European car theft business they do the same thing. steal the car, repaint the body color, change the interior design, implant a new serial number, create a new warranty book and then sell it to someone overseas under false names, in order to eliminate any tracing possibility.

Of course I hope that Meigray will get their jerseys back!

Hi,

I am a new member and thought I would share some pix of my Authentic jerseys.

First up is my Magic Johnson Champion Jerseys.

Bought these years back. I could never find a purple one and in the 90’s I found some guy who had some. They were being made for a TV show or something with Magic signing them. Can’t remember the story. Note that the lettering on the back is different though.

I have used these a bit (hoops and gym) but they still look good!

Next is my Jordan Nike Jersey.

I had a red Champion Jersey but it “disappeared” when I moved from Australia to Singapore. I think it was stolen. I made an insurance claim and got the Nike one as Champion was no longer available.

LOVE this jersey! Still looking good even though I have used it a bit.

Next are my 2 Kobe Jerseys. Note that these have had a LOT of use!! I played a lot of ball in Singapore (HOT and HUMID!) in the sun. One is a Nike 8 away jersey and the other is a Reebok 24 away jersey. Note that the Nike jersey retained its purple colour MUCH better than the Reebok one (and the Nike one is a lot older!).

Since it’s Kobe's last season I wanted to buy his last jersey style. So I got a purple and a gold jersey. They weren't cheap but had to have them!

Still don’t understand why Adidas and/or the NBA Store online don’t sell authentic jerseys. It seems NBA Europe site does sometimes? What’s with that? Terrible!

I love the current purple and also the gold jersey BUT note that unlike the previous Reebok and Nike jerseys, with Adidas:

The BRYANT lettering is not as detailed as the Nike and Reebok Jerseys. See the letter A for instance. This is terrible. There is no cut out in the top of the A. Wonder how the NBA and Lakers can let this happen? The Kobe letters are quite a bit smaller than the Nike and Reebok jerseys but the numbers are bigger. I checked out Kobe photo’s online and my Adidas jersey lettering matches up the same.

I do love the NBA titles patch on the neckline but don’t like the NBA Logo on the back really. I don’t think I will wear these 2 at hoops or working out though! Will wear it around casually I think....

Hope you enjoyed the pix!

Last edited:
I'd shank a in the neck with a butter knife for that suns Barkley in my size.

Last edited by a moderator:
A custom made for sure. Anyway those Reebok with closed 4 on jock-tag Kobes are %95 fake ones (Made in china).

Last edited:
love all cavs throwbacks! 
pimp.gif

Anyone know where I can find an authentic rev30 Lebron CAVS jersey with mesh numbers for close to retail? I almost pulled the trigger on ebay but by the time I was going to do a deal with the seller, he sold it. There's a couple on ebay but I'm not ready to pay $400 one.

all blue huskies
pimp.gif
was hoping they brought the blue cavs back though. lakers shoulda done the throwbacks for kobe's last season.

A custom made for sure. Anyway those Reebok with closed 4 on jock-tag Kobes are %95 fake ones (Made in china).
Yea, pretty sure it's a custom as Kobe was 8 in Reebok, not 24. The tags are very detailed as well and the build quality very similar  to my Nike Authentic.....

They had some very good fakes even tag wise and def material matched up.

Not gonna cal it fake since I'd need more pictures

That's a tough one...

I can't see where yours was made, but the stitching around the bottom tag is too close to the edge (which is a sign of it being fake).

I saw this on ebay 2 yrs ago and had to save it (Authentic Reeboks are rare)

On another note, Kobe better play on Sunday vs Bulls... I paid $2700 for tickets (I had to sell 2 MJ jerseys lol)

Last edited:
Definitely one of the most counterfeited jerseys. A lot of them were actually blue rather than purple and made in China which was a dead giveaway. Those HWCs up there look pretty awesome but last year of adidas contract means we probably won't see any of them at retail. 

Back
Top Bottom