Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I first I thought longer names were positioned lower to ensure they fit properly but the Deng goes against that theory, so maybe not.

So did I, but they should be arching the name more aggressively like for instance a Carter-Williams etc.

This jersey came back from EPS. 1993-1994 Bill Laimbeer Detroit Pistons home game jersey, size 50 + 4 inches.

Detroit1.jpg
Detroit2.jpg

Also got this Jeff McInnis 2003-2004 Cleveland Cavaliers jersey, size 50 + 2 inches (Lebron's rookie size so I'll eventually strip it and have it redone).

ClevelandReebok1.jpg
ClevelandReebok2.jpg

whooaaaaa i didnt know eps did screening. sick jersey. that said, i hope this doesnt ruin it for you, but they messed up and used an upside down 'W' instead of an 'M'

whooaaaaa i didnt know eps did screening. sick jersey. that said, i hope this doesnt ruin it for you, but they messed up and used an upside down 'W' instead of an 'M'

Tnanks. The M looks like the one from the gamer pic I sent them to use as a reference.

eyanks eyanks For future reference, is that Laimbeer from EPS (awesome btw) actually screen printed or do they heat press? Looks like a vinyl film to me in pics.

eyanks eyanks For future reference, is that Laimbeer from EPS (awesome btw) actually screen printed or do they heat press? Looks like a vinyl film to me in pics.

Mine is vinyl, it has a slight shine to it and is slightly thicker than the "Pistons" name, but not by a lot. I emailed them about the jersey before I sent it in, sent them pics too of what I had and what I wanted done. They mentioned vinyl so I sent it in that way. Oddly, the name Laimbeer in the picture I sent them seemed just a bit thicker and a little shinier than the numbers, so it's almost as if the original had two types of pressings. There's so many variations in screened jerseys from that era, even among the same team, that matching it exactly seems very hard to do. I have no complaints about what I got back, they got the style spot on. I don't know of any other company that can do, or who'd I'd trust for a screened jersey.

Last edited:
Thanks. The reason the name looked different than the numbers in the gamer pic may be because the numbers are actually screen printed with ink and they used vinyl that was heat pressed on for the name.

I picked up a 1993 Pro Bowl jersey that was like that. I have also seen NBA jerseys with screened team names and pressed numbers.

Here's an old US made Payton M&N Bears jersey to illustrate what I mean if I'm not explaining myself well enough or if anyone isn't familiar with the difference.
The stripes are screen printed, the "GSH" is pressed vinyl...
screened vs pressed.jpg

The Laimbeer does look great btw, yanks. I wasn't insinuating that there was anything wrong with the work they did. I was just trying to determine exactly what they do there.

Also, Happy Holidays, gentleman!!

Yes that's what I thought it was too. This may be a case where the numbers were put on first, maybe from the factory, then the team put the name on afterwards. I have seen some no name Pistons gamers with numbers already put on. I also remember seeing a Vinnie Johnson that looked all vinyl and overly shiny like the early 90s Bulls, and a Rick Mahorn with the name screened on a nameplate, so the Pistons certainly had some irregularities. I like that stuff, gives the jerseys character. I went with the flow of what EPS emailed me, I had only heard of one other person getting a screen print job from them on the old jersey boards, and that was years ago and I didn't remember if they had a good experience, so I took an expensive chance grabbing the blank and sending it out. Was very relieved to see that there was a style match, I don't know how they do it it's amazing. The price was the same as most of their customs, $65 plus shipping. Sorry to anyone who has no idea what we're talking about :lol:

Laimbeer jersey is hella dope. Had no idea they could to screen print/vinyl at Eps. Good to know if I ever get my hands on an old New Orleans Saints blank from the Dome Patrol Era

Laimbeer jersey is hella dope. Had no idea they could to screen print/vinyl at Eps. Good to know if I ever get my hands on an old New Orleans Saints blank from the Dome Patrol Era

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems like EPS still isn't taking individual orders for NFL jerseys (per their website)...

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 3.00.18 PM.png

Back of the jersey pic is there now. I told myself I wasn’t getting any either, but now I’ve ordered 3 and almost ordered another tonight

Back of the jersey pic is there now. I told myself I wasn’t getting any either, but now I’ve ordered 3 and almost ordered another tonight

At a retail of 200 and with discounts available it's hard not to. Despite all the rips we've seen in game, how many of us is really gonna be outchea on the court with these.

If anything, it's the fact we're able to BUY ACTUAL AUTHENTICS again. Got my DeRozan online from Footlocker (Canada). With adidas authentics, for $300 our options were
-go to the actual team's store. Maybe.
-NBA online store for 2 or 3 year old Jerry-on-front style size XXXL and up (don't recall the NYC store stock being that great either)
-we gotta go all the way to NBA's Europe online store?!? Smh

On top of that, only on rare occasions we got mesh numbers, most times it's that twill crap. And glad they also did away with the OD length, most NBA fans aren't 8 feet tall.

Copped from the Lakers team store. Supposedly they had 14 jerseys, but i was thinking more like 10-12. Sizes S (40) to 2XL (56).

Stitching on Wish patch is sloppy, but I’m not complaining.

Attachments

• 56EACFD6-5AA5-4639-A982-8D593B94CB00.jpeg
    56EACFD6-5AA5-4639-A982-8D593B94CB00.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 64
  • D2007228-69D1-41A6-81E7-AA77EE7B4584.jpeg
    D2007228-69D1-41A6-81E7-AA77EE7B4584.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 61
****show at Lakers store. Can't understand how a woman 4 peeps behind me got one and I didn't. Oh well, money saved.

Still can’t decide if I’m gonna buy the authentic statement jerseys on nba eu, decent price but no sponsor patch... damn....

Back
Top Bottom