Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

20190707_100311.jpg
20190707_100356.jpg

New pickup: Caris LeVert Brooklyn Nets authentic "City Edition" jersey (aka Coogi style), size 56 (2XL). Brand new with tags. I suspect this style may not be made anymore, as Coogi is currently in a legal battle with the Nets over copyright violations yada yada. As a person who has gone to Nets games during their tougher times, I have the right to bandwaggon them and rock this. This will be the jersey I wear to Nets games at Barclays.
My Review: I normally wear a size 48 in just about all styles, as they are usually 24 inches pit to pit. I have a 2018 size 50 Nike Nets gamer that is 21 inches pit to pit, that was never gonna work for me. I think I could have went with a 52, but I'm glad I went with a size 56, since I like to wear jerseys baggy and this has plenty of room. The pit-to-pit measurements on this one is about 24.5-25 inches. I compared it to my Alonzo Mourning Miami Heat gamer (size 50 + 2 inches), and as you can see, they're pretty much the same width wise (in my pic, the Nets jersey is underneath). So I guess that means size 56 Nike = size 50 Champion. Overall I like the jersey.

IMG_2043.jpeg
IMG_2044.jpeg
IMG_2049.jpeg
IMG_2056.jpeg

New pickup: Caris LeVert Brooklyn Nets authentic "City Edition" jersey (aka Coogi style), size 56 (2XL). Brand new with tags. I suspect this style may not be made anymore, as Coogi is currently in a legal battle with the Nets over copyright violations yada yada. As a person who has gone to Nets games during their tougher times, I have the right to bandwaggon them and rock this. This will be the jersey I wear to Nets games at Barclays.
My Review: I normally wear a size 48 in just about all styles, as they are usually 24 inches pit to pit. I have a 2018 size 50 Nike Nets gamer that is 21 inches pit to pit, that was never gonna work for me. I think I could have went with a 52, but I'm glad I went with a size 56, since I like to wear jerseys baggy and this has plenty of room. The pit-to-pit measurements on this one is about 24.5-25 inches. I compared it to my Alonzo Mourning Miami Heat gamer (size 50 + 2 inches), and as you can see, they're pretty much the same width wise (in my pic, the Nets jersey is underneath). So I guess that means size 56 Nike = size 50 Champion. Overall I like the jersey.

IMG_2043.jpeg
IMG_2044.jpeg
IMG_2049.jpeg
IMG_2056.jpeg

One year I went to 19 games when they were at the izod center...paid under a buck a ticket to sit a few rows from the court....one memory that stands out is how people were tossing around a beach ball during a game.... the players on the bench were watching that instead of the game. .

One year I went to 19 games when they were at the izod center...paid under a buck a ticket to sit a few rows from the court....one memory that stands out is how people were tossing around a beach ball during a game.... the players on the bench were watching that instead of the game. .
:lol::lol:

Even tho dLo was traded, his Nets City Edition Jersey is still one of my favorites.

Where’d ya find the socks?

Speaking of the Nets City Edition

Visited some relatives in NYC over a month ago and went to the NBA store to look for a DLO city jersey or some shorts
but they only had the biggie swingman version

I kind of regret impulsing (mainly because of the price) but still pretty cool to own.
Shocked all the lettering was stitched on and not heat pressed so a little happy about that

(Not my photos, but just to show anyone who hasn't seen em before)
bkn1.jpg

bkn2.jpg

This thread is a big reason why I'm slowly getting back into jerseys. My wife gonna be mad when those 2 LeBron jerseys show up to the crib. I always spend way more money when I'm deployed :lol:

Just wanted to share this old sandknit MJ I picked up. I believe these were the replicas issued in the late 80s. Always thought it was cool without the name in the back.

These fit superrrrr snug. I’m normally a 40 in M&N and this L fit tight on my chest.

Attachments

• 388768C6-8823-4763-B24C-8A410F3F48C8.jpeg
    388768C6-8823-4763-B24C-8A410F3F48C8.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 10
lopez rookie jersey (2).JPG
lopez rookie jersey (3).JPG
lopez rookie jersey.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
Game issued Brook Lopez jersey... Was made for his first game ever in the NBA, although it was a preseason game, but he was injured and DNP. Found out he was doing a signing (with Derrick Favors who just got drafted by the Nets) and had Brook sign it... Still one of my favorite players ever, and wish he was on the Nets still... cheered for him hard during the playoffs... after he left, it felt like the NJ days were finally over... Barely even recognize the team now... Truth be told, I'd rather go back to the old days with RJ, KMart, Kidd than KD and Irving...

Attachments

• a meeting players (20).JPG
    a meeting players (20).JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 5
lopez rookie jersey (2).JPG
lopez rookie jersey (3).JPG
lopez rookie jersey.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
Game issued Brook Lopez jersey... Was made for his first game ever in the NBA, although it was a preseason game, but he was injured and DNP. Found out he was doing a signing (with Derrick Favors who just got drafted by the Nets) and had Brook sign it... Still one of my favorite players ever, and wish he was on the Nets still... cheered for him hard during the playoffs... after he left, it felt like the NJ days were finally over... Barely even recognize the team now... Truth be told, I'd rather go back to the old days with RJ, KMart, Kidd than KD and Irving...

Did you tell him about the jersey, or did he notice anything about it? Wonder if he said anything when he saw it

I saw Brook Lopez walking down Flatbush ave near Barclays one day and it was like a light post moving.

People who arent used to seeing NBA players in real life are in for a shock at how massive these people are.

and in a season where he only played a few games due to injuries...
Did you tell him about the jersey, or did he notice anything about it? Wonder if he said anything when he saw it

I did...and he did say it was pretty cool... actually met him a few more times....

Funny thing is that I called meigray to see if they had any nets stuff back in like 07 ( I dont think they had any on the site at the time)

I was between the Lopez and a red game issued Devin Harris. Chose Lopez over Harris and he ended up being one of my favorite nets ever.... I did watch Devon Harris hit a half court game winner which was pretty sweet

I agree on the patches...Nike's shorts are light, different than adidas... but Adidas patches were a thing of beauty....

And not looking to move any Lopez stuff right now....appreciate the bond on the nj stuff... nj nets weren't super popular...went to game 4 NBA finals when Kobe and Shaquille won....and game 4 against the spurs...tickets back then, even though they were nosebleeds, were under 100 bucks

the 35th anniversary is so meaningful to me being last year in NJ....I remember going to a bunch of games hoping a player would toss me a jersey with the awesome patch ...along with Lopez, I got shelden Williams
nets shelden williams jersey (4).JPG
nets shelden williams jersey (3).jpg
nets shelden williams jersey (6).JPG
nets shelden williams jersey (5).JPG
nets shelden williams jersey (2).jpg
nets shelden williams jersey (1).jpg
nets shelden williams jersey (7).JPG
with the anni patch on a nice deal....I'd like to wear the Williams out but it is so so so big on me

Back
Top Bottom