Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Hey guys. I need a legit check on this jersey, please! Also what size is a 52?

I can't tell if it's legit or not by those not so great pics...but I CAN tell you that a 52 is, I think XXL. Very big. I have a team issued Robinson that was a size 54...it was 27" across the chest and 39" long...
so the 52" Will most likely be 26" across the chest and about 36-37" long.

@HTOWNFAN12: Welcome on board. Wow, you're starting with a bang: great jerseys!! Could you also post pictures of the back, please?

@teampacman: I have just measured a Mavericks Nike Authentic DriFit jersey, size 52. It is 36.2 x 25.5 inches (92 x 65 centimeters). (So spot on, Dc30!)

Last edited:
Sounds like the EPS mesh quality is better than the factory mesh...

So the way I see it, theres 3 different types of Mesh Numbers:

-Mesh from adidas, and sold at retail outlets, i.e. The Durant at Kohls, etc.

-Mesh from Gamers/team- To my understanding, the teams are sent blanks, and are given the responsibility to have them either in-house or with a vendor, i.e.- Cosbys with the knicks

-Mesh from EPS- Customs done on blanks obtained by individuals. Close, but recreated numbers

I would say for sure that the adidas mesh has been the sloppiest by sure, just looking at the Durant, the stitching at the top of the number was kind of loose, or flowing into other sections. Ill post an up close tonight.

I'd think based on that list, that the Mesh from the Gamers or Team issued would be the best/most sought after. Like the Opening Night Cav Jerseys posted the past couple of weeks.

What do you guys think? Is this pretty much in-line with whats actually going on. Happy to hear more information and gain a better understanding

Last edited:

-Mesh from Gamers/team- To my understanding, the teams are sent blanks, and are given the responsibility to have them either in-house or with a vendor, i.e.- Cosbys with the knicks

-Mesh from EPS- Customs done on blanks obtained by individuals. Close, but recreated numbers

Sounds about right.

I know of Cosby's but I'm not sure if every other team has a local shop that does the teams work. I'm thinking Adidas overnights them to a team once an order is placed

I would say for sure that the adidas mesh has been the sloppiest by sure, just looking at the Durant, the stitching at the top of the number was kind of loose, or flowing into other sections. Ill post an up close tonight.

I'd think based on that list, that the Mesh from the Gamers or Team issued would be the best/most sought after. Like the Opening Night Cav Jerseys posted the past couple of weeks.

What do you guys think? Is this pretty much in-line with whats actually going on. Happy to hear more information and gain a better understanding

I don't have any gamer Rev30's, but I do agree with you to an extent on the stitching slopiness of the retail ones. My Bosh alt red and the Durant look like at some point someone stopped looking at the sewing that was going on. It's not terrible and I can live with it so I won't complain about it, since I got them all for like $100.

The pics of the Cosby numbers look great, so you might be spot on in that aspect. I'm sure some of the guys with team or game issued Rev30's could expand on this. I do like the flexibility of the retail mesh though even if there are differences I don't mind.

@HTOWNFAN12
: Welcome on board. Wow, you're starting with a bang: great jerseys!! Could you also post pictures of the back, please?

@teampacman
: I have just measured a Mavericks Nike Authentic DriFit jersey, size 52. It is 36.2 x 25.5 inches (92 x 65 centimeters). (So spot on, Dc30!)

I have driven myself crazy on occassion trying to figure out sizing dimensions on certain manufacturers etc...I should be on point with my OCD :lol:

This is for people who like myself that had a very hard time differentiating the mesh numbers from twill.

This is my Wallace Nets that I bought from the NBA store about 2 years ago and it looked like a mesh number so I always assumed it was mesh

Mind you I've always thought that what's mesh numbers are because it looks "mesh"

So I'm coming home from work and across the st from Barclays at a Modells they had 50% off a lot of the Nets so I took a gander and this is what I saw.

The letters are actually "mesh" and not "mesh looking fabric"

From far away they both look the same, but you would actually need to feel it and look at it up close to understand the difference

Now I feel cheated :frown:

Do the Kobe jerseys at lakerstore have mesh numbers?
Lakers and Clippers online stores no longer use mesh numbers on their jerseys (they did on earlier runs as well as black sleeved kobe for this season). You will receive nbastore quality twill numbers which are not very good. 

I dont have first hand experierce with the EPS mesh numbers but im fairly certain that the stiffness that u guys are alluding to is from the bottom layer of twill that the mesh is stiched onto and not the mesh itself.

I also cant believe how many of u actually like the adidas authentics they are friggin rancid :tongue:

This is a great shot layziegunts layziegunts , because it shows that there is no twill layer underneath, it looks like some type of stitching, or other pliable material, I think RELISH RELISH is right noting that EPS has a layer of twill under, making them stiffer. Ill confirm tonight and post pics

Last edited:

This is a great shot layziegunts layziegunts , because it shows that there is no twill layer underneath, it looks like some type of stitching, or other pliable material, I think RELISH RELISH is right noting that EPS has a layer of twill under, making them stiffer. Ill confirm tonight and post pics

Appreciate bro. Yea, it's like a mesh material with holes over another layer. It's crazy, I wouldn't have not known what it look likes without actually touching one up close

Anybody know where I can purchase an Authentic Adidas NBA jersey?  My cousin from Canada is trying to get a Stephen Curry one and I am trying to steer him in the right direction.  All I can find are swingmans.  Thanks!

Last edited:
Anybody know where I can purchase an Authentic Adidas NBA jersey?  My cousin from Canada is trying to get a Stephen Curry one and I am trying to steer him in the right direction.  All I can find are swingmans.  Thanks!
good luck finding a curry anywhere right now. Highest demand authentic out there

good luck finding a curry anywhere right now. Highest demand authentic out there
lol yeah i know.  I'm from the Bay Area so I am at the epicenter of the Curry craze.  Just wanted to see if you guys know of any reliable websites besides NBAstore.com that sell Authentic NBA jerseys.

Game 2 Tonight!
lol yeah i know.  I'm from the Bay Area so I am at the epicenter of the Curry craze.  Just wanted to see if you guys know of any reliable websites besides NBAstore.com that sell Authentic NBA jerseys.
i cant name a website but i know Oracle sells the 14-15 Authentics
Hawks wearing retro uniforms tonight - logo on front like earlier this year.
Also, Game 2 tonight , Go Cavs!

And some more mesh detailed pics

Hey guys. I need a legit check on this jersey, please! Also what size is a 52?
That looks good to me. I need to get my size 56 
mean.gif
 tailored down to a size 52. A size 52 isn't as big as people think. It all depends on your frame

and the way you like your jerseys to fit. I don't like my basketball jerseys to fit like a t-shirt so a 52 is money for me..

ESPN uni-watch had this on mesh numbers and why NBA store uses twill, form 2010 when rev 30 was introduced.
-
6. Some authentics are more authentic than others. If you buy a standard authentic jersey for $250, you'll get old-style tackle twill numbers, not the new mesh numbers. Why? Because many fans like to get their jerseys autographed, and the signature is often done on the number, which would be a problem on the mesh fabric. (If you want to buy a jersey and insist on having the mesh numerals, you can spend an extra $100 for one of these limited-edition boxed jerseys, which do have the mesh.)

Back
Top Bottom