Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

ok so i goofed a bit, but now i feel like i'm getting finessed. i make a big order for the nbaeu sale and the bill comes out to 832. like a day later it dawned on me about the over 800 rule on being charged customs. i come to the reality i messed up and will pay the custom. if i remember correctly, when i ordered one jersey in the past, the customs bill was about 27 bucks which was just about 10 percent. so i noticed my package is on hold with a customs bill over 260!

smh man! i cant win for losing. i just got off the phone with them to see what they can do, but no way in hell im paying anywhere near that. 100 maybe, but closes to 300 no way! now i guess they said i can send it back, but now i feel like nbaeu will flag my account or ban me. this sucks. i own up to my mistakes, but were talking damn near 30+ percent tax! mistake on my part and lesson learned for future purchase.

also dhl had the bill @ almost 1k when my order was 832. good grief.

Damn man thats shame. I always order one at a time just to be safe.

ok so i goofed a bit, but now i feel like i'm getting finessed. i make a big order for the nbaeu sale and the bill comes out to 832. like a day later it dawned on me about the over 800 rule on being charged customs. i come to the reality i messed up and will pay the custom. if i remember correctly, when i ordered one jersey in the past, the customs bill was about 27 bucks which was just about 10 percent. so i noticed my package is on hold with a customs bill over 260!

smh man! i cant win for losing. i just got off the phone with them to see what they can do, but no way in hell im paying anywhere near that. 100 maybe, but closes to 300 no way! now i guess they said i can send it back, but now i feel like nbaeu will flag my account or ban me. this sucks. i own up to my mistakes, but were talking damn near 30+ percent tax! mistake on my part and lesson learned for future purchase.

i think you ordered 4 jerseys at the 20% and 15%.  I have no idea how DHL/govt calculate the taxes.    For my order the full $830.35 (including S&H) was declared.  I live in NYC and the waybill was $64.76.  

Last edited:
that is one beautiful jersey man.
pimp.gif

i think you ordered 4 jerseys at the 20% and 15%.  I have no idea how DHL/govt calculate the taxes.    For my order the full $830.35 (including S&H) was declared.  I live in NYC and the waybill was $64.76.  

wow exactly what i ordered. an yeah 64 sounds really good right now

called back and they said they won't hear anything back until monday so they would old the order. they said it could have been a wrong code. we'll see

It goes by the retail value, not what you actual pay

The value of each jersey is listed on the outside so unless they changed it it's gonna say $300 on the outside for customs to see so if you order 3 jerseys you're already over the $800 even if you paid $600

Someone's gonna argue that but it's right on the package and that's what customs goes by and not what you actually pay

Other retailers will be different but NBA.eu marks the value at the retail

But the two times I ordered the retail value was listed on the outside although I paid 20% less on each and one time the total retail value was well over $800 and I got hit

Last edited:
i can agree with that, but it does not explain how dudes order was 2 less than me and his bill is also 200 less, $64

also i ordered a 300 jersey b4 and paid 27

I have no explanation on that, trust me I paid a lot once to receive jerseys. Even a time when NBA store screwed up my order and had to pay a bill for items I didn't receive :smh:

i feel your situation bro. i got practically the same tax you did last december when that blue curry first dropped on nbastore eu. only paid $300 but had a $93 customs bill. hope you can get something resolved

oh damn i remember that! me and another dude had that same jersey and paid almost the same, like 25-27 bucks. crazy.

so that being said, i think Monday they will drop it, but not the like the poster above who paid 64. I'll hope for the best i guess.

it's interesting how many ppl from US  are buying authentics in nba store.eu

more interesting is why nba.store don't do anything with that. it's shame for them

btw. how it is with nike and nfl jerseys?

nike authentic jerseys are the same what players wore on court?

just wondering how it will be next year...

Looking for a Red Chicago Bulls Michael Jordan Jersey with 'Bulls' on the front. eBay is full of unauthorized jersey so I'm not sure where to look.

what if you refuse to pay for the duties and the package will be returned to seller automatically?

Depends what you're looking for and size

We all can help find one just gotta give us some specifics like authentic or swingman and size of course
Cheapest one available, I'm a college student after all
laugh.gif
 Also, I appreciate it. Though which is better in general for a Jersey iron on, screen printed, or stitched?

what if you refuse to pay for the duties and the package will be returned to seller automatically?

I told the rep on the phone there was no way I was paying that duty (now more than even that someone has paid 64 bucks) and said they need to send it back. They told me I'd be off the hook for the duty and they could return it. Since i made the call later Friday the person who made the "code" on the duty was already gone for the day so I'm going to find out what the verdict is on Monday.

I told the rep on the phone there was no way I was paying that duty (now more than even that someone has paid 64 bucks) and said they need to send it back. They told me I'd be off the hook for the duty and they could return it. Since i made the call later Friday the person who made the "code" on the duty was already gone for the day so I'm going to find out what the verdict is on Monday.
that makes sense. There is no way to pay for that big sum. 

It's not the same for everyone though, that's the issue

Maybe just maybe the person that was in charge of your package will lower the fee but majority of the time they won't.

DHL won't release the package

FedEx charges you after, I didn't pay a FedEx one since even unpaid they can't do anything about it

it's interesting how many ppl from US  are buying authentics in nba store.eu

more interesting is why nba.store don't do anything with that. it's shame for them

btw. how it is with nike and nfl jerseys?

nike authentic jerseys are the same what players wore on court?

just wondering how it will be next year...
Nike with the NFL is decent. The NFL authentics are not what the players wear on the field but they are pretty close, also materials differ from pre-made player elites and custom elites,and there have been many complaints of crooked lettering on custom authentics, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom