Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

The stitching is stoopid, but so is whoever insinuated that they'd be putting a "JORDAN" wordmark on the back..

Uh, at least they got that bit right..

Let's break this down for a second.

They claimed that they used a jersey that Nike posted as Rare items from a personal collection (they actually resembled something Shoezeum would have had on display....they show the alleged actual #12 jersey surrounded by all of these Jordan themed valentines.  

HOWEVER - the jersey in the Nike display has the incorrect font when compared to the pictures of the actual game.  You would think that they would have learned their mistake from trying to use a jersey the basketball hall of fame said was game worn in the 1996 All Star game first run (which had an upside down 2) - but NOPE.  

Anyway...they chose to run with the fact the front 12 was stitched on...but they used the correct font!  

So you're using a jersey you swear is game worn - in Nike's collection as the basis for reproduction but you're picking and choosing which elements you want to transfer over to the reproduction?  How does that make any sense?

Overall, this is just an incredibly sloppy job and is proof that the people running the show over there have no idea what they're doing.  I'm a member of a bunch of different groups on facebook and other areas and there were a handful of people that knew the materials that were used in what era for the Bulls jerseys.

I realize this is a very niche hobby/interest but when this many people can point out a mistake then it should have been able to have been produced correctly.

Just a sad commentary on how much they have fallen off since the early 2000s...you would think that any Jordan jersey would receive the UTMOST attention to ensure accuracy and quality, but I guess it's just another hyped release they feel they can shove down people's throats.  Embarrassing.  

They probably know exactly what they were doing and this way to make the jersey (wrong) saved them some money perhaps?

Heat press is MUCH cheaper to purchase and apply than twill...so it was wasn't even a cost cutting maneuver.  

Yes

If you compare the pics of that picture to the game pics the font is different.

This is what they were trying to use to explain the use of twill...which makes no sense because if you're going to use this picture as a basis for the right materials wouldn't you also use the same font?  

Tons of holes in their reasoning - the examination of the actual game photos and the jerseys the Bulls wore during that era tells you all you need to know about the inaccurate reproduction they want $300 for...what a joke.  

Yes

If you compare the pics of that picture to the game pics the font is different.

This is what they were trying to use to explain the use of twill...which makes no sense because if you're going to use this picture as a basis for the right materials wouldn't you also use the same font?  

Tons of holes in their reasoning - the examination of the actual game photos and the jerseys the Bulls wore during that era tells you all you need to know about the inaccurate reproduction they want $300 for...what a joke.  
Yea pretty easy to tell the numbers were vinyl. Peculiar that they switched off commenting but had Don C double down and show a different jersey. End of the day I'm sure the casual fan will like it. We hold stuff to a different standard which I can appreciate. 

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/23/michael-jordan-wears-12-jersey

Last edited:
on that photo, 12 on back is shining, it's vinyl for sure\

here's front

u can't say it's vinyl but... outline is very wide. much wider than in DON C photo airmaximus just mentoined

as i see

m$n made vinyled wordmark(?) and sewn numbers. okay...

all m$n jordan series is a trash. piece of sh..

i was expecting limited series, made in usa, made very accuracy

all we have is a piece of sh. fortunately was able to grab earlier some champions, nikes

have few old stock but until they will do like that, i'm done with m&n...

only old jerseys are worth 300...

Examples could've been taken anywhere but the actual game. When NBA All-Star weekend took place in New York 2 years ago:

http://news.nike.com/news/jordan-brand-opens-pearl-pavilion-its-all-star-consumer-experience

Then there are auctions...

https://pristineauction.com/a602390-Michael-Jordan-Signed-Bulls-12-Authentic-Jersey-UDA-COA

http://iconicauctions.com/lot-30998.aspx

What's funny is that when you look up the database for UD hologram on this last auction, it's the wrong jersey:

http://sports.upperdeck.com/memorabilia/hologram.aspx?hid=baj19356

Last edited:
Who pays large incremental payments these days with no buyer's recourse? Also who did he hear from that Penny never wore length plus 2. That thing is huge and easily would have fit him. Regardless its a pro cut or game issued and that's what the buyer already knew. I can easily tell this is one of those annoying buyers that got cold feet. Maybe 1PennyFan is making him sweat.

Last edited:
sucks to hear. would like to hear max's side. paying big money for those champion duel tag pro cuts is risky unless you really know what you are looking for.
Don't truly have doubts about Deon, so I think Max just has to refund those 350€. We agree that the deal was cancelled by the buyer, but I hope guys in this community are gentlemen: you CANNOT keep such an amount without trying to find an issue.

I didn't read the whole post but what does coming to the USA have to do with knowing about jerseys?

can we admit though that "The Shot" jersey was one hell of a re-make.

that happens to be the only jersey I bought and kept from the recent series, the cut and the materials were actually quite good on that one.

Damn max...throwing all of france under the bus there 
laugh.gif

Just from going on both posts, imo the right thing to do is refund the money and call it a day.

Recently I sold a jersey and the buyer tried it on and it didn't fit him. I told him as soon as I got it back I would refund him. The buyer contacted me every day, 3 times a day, to see if I got it back yet 
mean.gif
 (check the tracking updates dummy). Then when I actually did get it back, and refunded him, he didn't even notice and asked me again to refund him 
mean.gif

mean.gif

mean.gif

So some buyers are annoying and pesky...but I can see this from the buyer's point a view: he/she is spending $1000+ and wants to make sure he/she aren't getting bamboozled.

It's not right to force him to buy something else because he doesn't want to do the deal anymore. Did the deal back and forth waste your time? Yeah, but it doesn't excuse not refunding the $$$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom