~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

Hey Monday, how do you like your car? Does it come up with lots of little problems or is it reliable? I currently drive a 99 TL and Im wondering how usedgerman cars are, and if I should even bother looking into them.

fender install FAILURE.

i replaced my fender on my car and broke a hood hinge, crack my windshield bad, scratched the fender up....then i was driving to the body shop and the damnhood flew off the car and bent the other fender up and broke my side mirror off. i was SMH @ myself, but now its in the shop gettin fixed professionally so iaint tripppin no more.

eek.gif
swangin lol that's pretty crazy.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Yea def (rims) NYC with rims alone is hell i could imagine winter id be murder.. im thinking of jut throwing winter tires on my current rims and swaping every season.. I have a truck also so its no biggie just not driving.. but i love my car too much to leave it sitting all winter.. i plan on just using the truck when it snows...
Im feeling what was posted above.. but i dunno i just dont feel comfortable seeing e46's imitating e46 M3's... to me its just like wearing variant kicks
laugh.gif
.. but to each his own.. the furthest i might go is a ZHP bumper (which im going to need since my bumper just wont stay on
smh.gif
) but im just to cheap to get it painted and im fearful that if i get it painted it wont match up with my sapphire black
I feel you...but it's just not gonna look right without some kind of aftermarket bumper/lip kit..

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Hey Monday, how do you like your car? Does it come up with lots of little problems or is it reliable? I currently drive a 99 TL and Im wondering how used german cars are, and if I should even bother looking into them.
Not mine...why not keep the TL and mod it?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Yea def (rims) NYC with rims alone is hell i could imagine winter id be murder.. im thinking of jut throwing winter tires on my current rims and swaping every season.. I have a truck also so its no biggie just not driving.. but i love my car too much to leave it sitting all winter.. i plan on just using the truck when it snows...
Im feeling what was posted above.. but i dunno i just dont feel comfortable seeing e46's imitating e46 M3's... to me its just like wearing variant kicks
laugh.gif
.. but to each his own.. the furthest i might go is a ZHP bumper (which im going to need since my bumper just wont stay on
smh.gif
) but im just to cheap to get it painted and im fearful that if i get it painted it wont match up with my sapphire black
I feel you...but it's just not gonna look right without some kind of aftermarket bumper/lip kit..

Hey Monday, how do you like your car? Does it come up with lots of little problems or is it reliable? I currently drive a 99 TL and Im wondering how used german cars are, and if I should even bother looking into them.
No matter what Im going to end up keeping the TL for a couple years, dont have enough money to go get a IS300/3 Series or something like that usedyet. But I definitely dont want to mod the TL. Just doesnt seem worth it to me. My paint is getting destroyed because clear coat failure is a common problem init, so it looks pretty terrible on some spots on the outside. As far as materials used on the interior/quality of the paint its a pretty subpar car byAcura's standards, but it still drives great.

Im going to mod my car once I buy something that I really like, not just whatever I have at the moment.

CashmereThought96 wrote:

Yea def (rims) NYC with rims alone is hell i could imagine
winter id be murder.. im thinking of jut throwing winter tires on my current rims and swaping every season.. I have a truck also so its no biggie just not
driving.. but i love my car too much to leave it sitting all winter.. i plan on just using the truck when it snows...

Im feeling what was posted above.. but i dunno i just dont feel comfortable seeing e46's imitating e46 M3's... to me its just like wearing variant
kicks
laugh.gif
.. but to each his own.. the furthest i might go is a ZHP bumper (which im
going to need since my bumper just wont stay on
smh.gif
) but im just to cheap to
get it painted and im fearful that if i get it painted it wont match up with my sapphire black

AgentArenas wrote:

Hey Monday, how do you like your car? Does it come up with lots of little problems or is it reliable? I currently drive a 99 TL and Im wondering how used
german cars are, and if I should even bother looking into them.

Yea i was moving towards the ZHP bumper and maybe a lip kit on itdepending on how it looks with just the ZHP bumper.. My first concern (since im doing the next project next season) is this dam audio system? if your in nyc ineed someone with experience to cut my vent and re cover so i can fit a double DIN avic BT700 in there i miss that head unit .. i cracked the screen but im inthe works of getting it replaced..

No matter what Im going to end up keeping the TL for a couple years, dont have enough money to go get a IS300/3 Series or something like that used yet. But I definitely dont want to mod the TL. Just doesnt seem worth it to me. My paint is getting destroyed because clear coat failure is a common problem in it, so it looks pretty terrible on some spots on the outside. As far as materials used on the interior/quality of the paint its a pretty subpar car by Acura's standards, but it still drives great.

Im going to mod my car once I buy something that I really like, not just whatever I have at the moment.
3 series would be
happy.gif

I always had a thing for 2g tl's...they look amazing when modded properly..

Yea i was moving towards the ZHP bumper and maybe a lip kit on it depending on how it looks with just the ZHP bumper.. My first concern (since im doing the next project next season) is this dam audio system? if your in nyc i need someone with experience to cut my vent and re cover so i can fit a double DIN avic BT700 in there i miss that head unit .. i cracked the screen but im in the works of getting it replaced..
They make dash kits for that...

^
smokin.gif

CashmereThought96 wrote:

Mo's to my sweet heart

Next Mods are black/black rims (or blk/red) , black out
accents,headlights,
Sounds ghetto fabulous
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
not at all ghetto ... Im going for sporty Here's exactly what im going for (minus the M3 accents) I dont think id ever shell out 500+ on brakes an caliper's like in the pic but i going for this look

tnimg4317gn0.jpg

tnimg4318gx6.jpg

$500+? Try $2500++ for a brembo setup.

Unless you get real Te37's, it'll probably look ghetto regardless. Tinted tails are already mehhhh.
glasses.gif

No matter what Im going to end up keeping the TL for a couple years, dont have enough money to go get a IS300/3 Series or something like that used yet. But I definitely dont want to mod the TL. Just doesnt seem worth it to me. My paint is getting destroyed because clear coat failure is a common problem in it, so it looks pretty terrible on some spots on the outside. As far as materials used on the interior/quality of the paint its a pretty subpar car by Acura's standards, but it still drives great.

3 series would be
happy.gif

I always had a thing for 2g tl's...they look amazing when modded properly..

Yea i was moving towards the ZHP bumper and maybe a lip kit on it depending on how it looks with just the ZHP bumper.. My first concern (since im doing the next project next season) is this dam audio system? if your in nyc i need someone with experience to cut my vent and re cover so i can fit a double DIN avic BT700 in there i miss that head unit .. i cracked the screen but im in the works of getting it replaced..
They make dash kits for that...
Thats true man... Im thankful my car isnt white, because I wouldnt be able to resist. White TLs with the right mods are just amazing.

My brother just traded in his 2007 Mustang GT for a 2010 WRX Wagon:

This:

For this:

I asked him why he didn't get the STi, and his answer disappointed me. He wanted cloth interior, not leather, for the eventual acquisition of dogs andfear of what they would do to the leather. He's still real happy with the trade in, says the WRX is a lot more fun to drive than the Mustang. I'mhappy for him.

I miss the days of driving fun cars. I'm stuck with the Prius and the Altima (or my bike). So boring.

^^
eek.gif
at your brother! STi would've been a hell of a lot more fun than a WRX, BUT a wrx is still more fun than a mustang. Does he let you drive it?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eaalto

This:

For this:

I asked him why he didn't get the STi, and his answer disappointed me. He wanted cloth interior, not leather, for the eventual acquisition of dogs and fear of what they would do to the leather. He's still real happy with the trade in, says the WRX is a lot more fun to drive than the Mustang. I'm happy for him.

I miss the days of driving fun cars. I'm stuck with the Prius and the Altima (or my bike). So boring.

Thats his reason?

Yeah, he shoudve gotten the STi.
laugh.gif

He always coudve out a cover on the leather.

Yeah I know. Seems like a silly decision, but it's his decision and there's no sense in me questioning it, what's done is done.

He's going to leave it stock until the warranties expire, so it'll be tame for a while.

He did the same thing with his Mustang, until he finally slapped on a Magnaflow cat back. I'm not a huge fan of Ford, but that Mustang sounded mean ashell.

This:

For this:

I asked him why he didn't get the STi, and his answer disappointed me. He wanted cloth interior, not leather, for the eventual acquisition of dogs and fear of what they would do to the leather. He's still real happy with the trade in, says the WRX is a lot more fun to drive than the Mustang. I'm happy for him.

Terrible decision, i'm biased though cause i love and drive a Mustang
laugh.gif
. If he likes it then thats all that matters.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

^^
eek.gif
at your brother! STi would've been a hell of a lot more fun than a WRX, BUT a wrx is still more fun than a mustang. Does he let you drive it?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

This just happened today. I got some random message from him telling me to check my e-mail, and there was that picture of a new WRX in his garage. He never letme drive his Mustang, but he let me drive his old 89 Integra. So annoying. He had to drive me home once in my Prius because I was annihilated and he was takingturns super aggressively, being really abusive, and he won't let me drive his Mustang because he doesn't want me to fry the clutch (my experiencedriving stick is limited). I'm able, but I ride the clutch a little too much. Anyway, I'm hoping he'll let me try it out, but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

This:

For this:

Terrible decision, i'm biased though cause i love and drive a Mustang
laugh.gif
. If he likes it then thats all that matters.

I don't think it was for his dislike of the Mustang, he really loved that car and probably would have kept it under different circumstances, but he justgot married in June and they needed a vehicle with more cargo room. He could have just handed the Mustang to me and I would have been cool with it. I think hegot 15.5k trade in on the Mustang, but they worked out some deal on the Subaru where they knocked off 8 grand on the purchase price, which helped a lot withtax savings.

My ride, 02 Mustang GT. It's my baby. Not the greatest pic, i've been meaning to take it to an open lot with good lighting and snap some pics but haven't had the time to. Anyone in the Los Angeles area know of anyone or know of any shops that does good suspension work for reasonable prices. I'm looking to do a 1.5 inch drop both front and rear but don't know of any shops. Looking at lowering springs, shocks/struts, and camber plates. If anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it, thanks.

img1577j.jpg

Flip's Tire Center on Sepulveda in Van Nuys? Between Roscoe and Saticoy on Sepulveda. Over near where FedCo used to be (if you're from the Valley).

My ride, 02 Mustang GT. It's my baby. Not the greatest pic, i've been meaning to take it to an open lot with good lighting and snap some pics but haven't had the time to. Anyone in the Los Angeles area know of anyone or know of any shops that does good suspension work for reasonable prices. I'm looking to do a 1.5 inch drop both front and rear but don't know of any shops. Looking at lowering springs, shocks/struts, and camber plates. If anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it, thanks.

img1577j.jpg

Flip's Tire Center on Sepulveda in Van Nuys? Between Roscoe and Saticoy on Sepulveda. Over near where FedCo used to be (if you're from the Valley).
Thanks, ill give them a call and see what they charge.

Mod's to my sweet heart

Next Mods are black/black rims (or blk/red) , black out accents,headlights,

Not a huge fan of ambers but you pull them off well...props

img1577j.jpg

Go to a mustang fourm, they will have more info. A lot of people here hate mustangs. Hot cheetos member on here has like three mustang, maybe hewill see your post. Doing suspension is mad expensive. I did the chamber plates and springs on mine came out to 600+ easy.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

img1577j.jpg

Go to a mustang fourm, they will have more info. A lot of people here hate mustangs. Hot cheetos member on here has like three mustang, maybe he will see your post. Doing suspension is mad expensive. I did the chamber plates and springs on mine came out to 600+ easy.
I'm a member of a couple mustang forums and have asked already. A lot of those dudes are do it yourselfers so they recommended i try to do thejob myself which i won't even tackle. Yeah i've been on NT for years now and i know everyone here hates American cars and only rolls with the 3 series,G35, 350Z, etc, etc. Yeah i already calculated, for the springs, shocks/struts, and camber plates its gonna run around $700 for parts only.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

img1577j.jpg

Go to a mustang fourm, they will have more info. A lot of people here hate mustangs. Hot cheetos member on here has like three mustang, maybe he will see your post. Doing suspension is mad expensive. I did the chamber plates and springs on mine came out to 600+ easy.
I'm a member of a couple mustang forums and have asked already. A lot of those dudes are do it yourselfers so they recommended i try to do the job myself which i won't even tackle. Yeah i've been on NT for years now and i know everyone here hates American cars and only rolls with the 3 series, G35, 350Z, etc, etc. Yeah i already calculated, for the springs, shocks/struts, and camber plates its gonna run around $700 for parts only.
Now im wondering, why you asked for help?
Also, can you inform me what springs, shocks?struts, and camber plates you bought? I truly want o know, because i still need some suspension work done on mycar. And that price sounds amzing"$700".

Back
Top Bottom