~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Damn Ninja you need to realize that having a Manly car isnt whats poppin anymore
laugh.gif

imma be rockin wit road beast's terrible american cars till im 6 feet under.
Oh..

Honestly Ninjahood had to have never test driven a german or japanese car, if he had, he know the difference.

I've been having my 95 Acura Integra (LS) for 6 years now and I'm trying to get out of the whole Japanese import scene. My reason is simply because itdraws unwanted attention (car thieves).

So with that being said, I've been looking for another car thats more on the luxery side, a little sportyand can be tastefully modded without drawing a lot of attention.

So far, I've been thinkin about getting a Saab or a Volvo considering thefact that they're nice lookin cars that are slept on.
Keep in mind I'm trying to get something right at $5k or under.

Any recommendations or advice?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Damn Ninja you need to realize that having a Manly car isnt whats poppin anymore
laugh.gif

imma be rockin wit road beast's terrible american cars till im 6 feet under.
Oh..
oh yeah?

>>>> smashin acuras, hondas, toyotas

da 8g GXP gives da 5 series a SERIOUS run for its money. and da charger is a beast..period.

you're ruining a great thread.

and your horrendous/hood spelling is still as lame as it ever was.

no one is taking a pontiac over a bmw....

you'd be a fool to overlook da pontiac g8 gxp...40grand for 415 horses and 400 lps of torque..and exquisite handling...AND manual is offered.

waaay more affordable then a M3 for comparable performance.

Pontiac's done. They had their chance at a revival with the GTO and thats done. The G8 way to late and its now a Chevy. Pontaics Been falling and their isno saving that.

Out side of Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Saleen, Caddilac, and Shelby I'll admit american cars have been falling

No one will take a pontiac over a bmw...esp an m3
its cheaper (waaaaaay cheaper) and gives it Serious competition...people who AREN'T brand %%+%*+ and actually look in da bonnet of cars forvalue and performance will definitely give

this car a serious look.

its been given acclaim from all da car buffs and mags.

I'm sorry but now ninjahood has seize to prove himself borderline mental...

I still stand by my last statement.... test drive a homegrown car and then test a piece of German magnificence and you'll soon see.

but top gear Australia???
laugh.gif
no.

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

I've been having my 95 Acura Integra (LS) for 6 years now and I'm trying to get out of the whole Japanese import scene. My reason is simply because it draws unwanted attention (car thieves).

So with that being said, I've been looking for another car thats more on the luxery side, a little sporty and can be tastefully modded without drawing a lot of attention.

So far, I've been thinkin about getting a Saab or a Volvo considering the fact that they're nice lookin cars that are slept on.

stay away from Saab, ...they engine leak are pretty bad ....Volvo are nice ...i like the S40 ...but with 5k i duno what you can get with that price range
ohwell.gif

Experience with my Jeep and its quality.

My 2007 Overland has not been good to me. I have had a slew of problems. I have enough service department papers here to kill a thousand tree huggers.

What I had done under warranty:

1.) 2 New PCMS and 5 PCM reflashes

2.) New BCM

3.) New Camshaft

4.) New Engine Lifters

5.) New Coolant Temp Sensor (had this with 100 miles, yes 100 miles on the odo)

6.) 2 Navigation Units

7.) 2 sets of window regulators on the front 2 windows

8.) New MAF Sensor

9.) New Spare tire holder because somehow it broke and the spare tire fell when I parked in my garage.

10.) New Front Wiper Fluid nozzle

11.) New A/C controls unit

12.) New TPMS Sensors because I got Service TPMS warning. (New sensors still havent fixed the issues.)

13.) 2 New Batteries

14.) New Starter

15.) New Horn

16.) New Sway Bar Bushings

17.) New Hood Strut

18.) New Rear Differential

19.) New AC vent because it broke.

20.) New front stabilizer bar

21.) New AC reserc door and housing

22.) New rear axle

Mind you I have went above and beyond the call with this WK even though it is a lease. I do Royal Purple Oil Changes every 2500 miles. I change the trans,tcase and diff fluid every 10k and I changed the spark plugs every 15k. I had the coolant flushed already, replaced the Forteras with H rated tires, and just 2days ago I had the rotors cut and put on Hawk LTS brake Pads. (And I have 6 months to go on this lease. Why I spent money on those fancy brake pads, I willnever know. :jump:smile: So it is not like I am not taking care of the vehicle. Its just a POS.

Also I am an ******* for modding a leased vehicle. So far I have bought: a AirAid CAI, Jet 180 T-Stat, put on a Dynomax Bullet Muffler and chopped off thereso, Diablo Predator and I purchased a CMR Tune for it. I have a need for speed. Hopefully this fall/winter I can get a 14.1- 14.3 in the quarter mile. Iknow, I am a idiot for racing my Jeep on the quarter mile.
happy.gif

And after all this complaining I just did about the current WK, I am purchasing a 2009 or a 2010 Silver SRT8 Grand Cherokee. For me it is Mopar or no car. Itsa love affair I have with this brand of vehicles. I never got into the import scene but if thats what you like, hey who am I to tell you otherwise?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by finnns2003

whereas japanese and euro cars are popular worldwide, american cars aren't even desirable in america. yeah... good luck with that crap.
laugh.gif
In other countries like India or UK, American cars are somewhat desirable. If you drive one, people don't hate on you like they do here. But I guess it's because they're kind of expensive, at least compared to their domestic cars.
not really. i mean, india is a developing country so...
laugh.gif

but in countries like japan, germany, etc.... no. especially in wealthy parts. no one in tokyo is whipping around american crap (you have your corvettes, mustangs but that's rare).
What difference does the fact that it's developing, make? Nothing. There are alot more affordable domestic cars available in India like Tata,Maruti, etc.
People can't afford American cars in foreign countries. Thats just like how most people can't afford new Volvos or BMWs.

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

Originally Posted by bjamez20

can someone school me on the VW Jetta TDI?
TDI stands for Turbocharged Diesel Injection.

dont quote me but i think diesels get more miles to the gallon than gas, but diesel costs more at the pump.
They are more efficient for sure. My brother averaged 31 mpg with 50/50 city/highway driving on his first tank. I'd recommend them to anybodyfor efficient, economical, commuter cars.

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

I've been having my 95 Acura Integra (LS) for 6 years now and I'm trying to get out of the whole Japanese import scene. My reason is simply because it draws unwanted attention (car thieves).

So with that being said, I've been looking for another car thats more on the luxery side, a little sporty and can be tastefully modded without drawing a lot of attention.

So far, I've been thinkin about getting a Saab or a Volvo considering the fact that they're nice lookin cars that are slept on.

I really like Volvo, but if you want an older one, get a diesel, they're a lot more reliable. Otherwise, stick to N/A engines; they usuallylast longer.

Yea, theres a few Russian dudes on my job that work on Volvos and Saabs and they say its just like any other car, its all in how you take care of it. They didtell me to stay away from anything less than a 4 cylinder turbo engine because they have leaking issues.

I'm startin to have a thing for wagon though... saw a black on black Volvo V40 yesterday with a roof rack lookin gorgeous
Volvo V40

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Evolve-Volvo-S40-Sedan.jpg

S40 are dope ...if i was still into modding car ..i would give the S40 a look
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Illmatic!
Thats a newer model it looks like... I'd have to save a little more dough to sell my car and cop a fairly new one.
Thats a serious S40 in that pic..... you just gave me somethin to think about

Back
Top Bottom