~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

img8640.jpg

img8641.jpg

img8642.jpg

img8643k.jpg

Im not Gonna Lie, The S65 is Probably my Favorite German car to date...Im mad BMW hasnt produced a 7-series that even comes close to the S65's specs....

Even the 2010 760LI doesnt come close....it only has 537hp, while the 09 S65 is pushing out 604 horses....

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Even the 2010 760LI doesnt come close....it only has 537hp, while the 09 S65 is pushing out 604 horses....

I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't be able to notice the difference in horsepower of both cars.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't be able to notice the difference in horsepower of both cars.
you can feel the torque difference between an amg engine and a bmw one for sure though. i dunno what the tq numbers are for the new 7 andobviously i haven't driven it yet but i doubt it will be like the benz.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

KayCurrency wrote:

you can feel the torque difference between an amg engine and a bmw one for sure though. i dunno what the tq numbers are for the new 7 and obviously i haven't driven it yet but i doubt it will be like the benz.

Torque is a totally different story. Mr. Currency's argument was that the S had more horsepower. I doubt he even knows what torque is.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by DieselG5

anyone know when theyre making the M3's with a new body? what year?

thanks

Way too soon to tell.

And ninja, yeah the ZR1 is a better car. But it also starts at more than 20k more than the GT-R, and has about 100 more HP.
I'm shooting for a 2008-2010 M3 in 2011 and I don't want them to make a new body right when I cop.
i think the new 3 is comin out 2011

so 2012 at the latest = new m3

might be worse than the current one though, bmw is gonna downsize on engines

4 cyl for the 3s lots of turbos

might be a tt 6 in the m3. who knows. then again i don't see them making a slower m3 who would buy that right?

why would they do that??
cafe laws

Any 240 heads on here? When you owned your very first 240, did you ever like it? Im running an 90 s13 stock and im browsing Nico/Zilvia and Im like damn...wish my car was like some those guy's car. I practically got the car for free. Basically, I came to the conclusion that I could drop $5k (random number) onto a new car or put all that money into upgrading/fixing up the car. The car runs, but not as smooth as I want it to be.

The other problem is that I dont even have a job, so there's little to no money supporting the car. No job FTL.

you can feel the torque difference between an amg engine and a bmw one for sure though. i dunno what the tq numbers are for the new 7 and obviously i haven't driven it yet but i doubt it will be like the benz.

That's very true. Well the new 760 will be faster than s63 and s600, but slower than the s65. Because it's twin turboed, the new 7 series will def.have ALOT more torque than previous years. I believe it has like 544hp and 554 lb-ft of torque....so it's definetly no slouch.

Kay- there is honestly no point of making an S65 equivalent. The target market for that kind of car is VERY small, an would most likely lose alot of money. Forthe most part people who want an S-class, 7- series or the 8, mostly want that smooth and comfortable ride.....not a harsh and stiff ride, that kicks you backeverytime you press that pedal.Eventhough they do have other models that fit that smooth and comfortable category, there is no point of wasting alot of moneyon a car thats has a small customer base.

Nicefro- why do you say that the F-series is a L? The only thing so far that's out is the 7 series...which is pretty nice. No other information is reallyout there on 3, 5, 6,Z series. The only thing is the possibility of a TT-V8 or TT-10 for the new M5/M6. Yes, it would've been alot nicer to have a N/A v10with atleast 550-600hp, but with tougher emissions and the price of R/D, it makes it cheaper for the customer and more efficient.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Any 240 heads on here? When you owned your very first 240, did you ever like it? Im running an 90 s13 stock and im browsing Nico/Zilvia and Im like damn... wish my car was like some those guy's car. I practically got the car for free. Basically, I came to the conclusion that I could drop $5k (random number) on to a new car or put all that money into upgrading/fixing up the car. The car runs, but not as smooth as I want it to be.

The other problem is that I dont even have a job, so there's little to no money supporting the car. No job FTL.

nico>>> zilvia cool but...
grin.gif

You are going to need a job if you want to be a s-chassis owner. Especially a s13, they are reliable cars but s13s are almost 20 years old cars so they arebound to give you trouble like any other car. The way I see it is that with a new car youre going to need full coverage insurance, youre going to be payingpayment forever etc. So Im good with my beater. The amount of money youre going to spend working on a car just depends on your goals.

Looking to drift?, the ka24d is a torque monster, especially when its turboed (KA-T
pimp.gif
). SR20DET is one heck of a engine and a red tops are going for reasonable prices, all though they used to be way cheaper years ago. You have theRB engine that are
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Also Nico has hundreds of tutorials and most members are willing to help out. It takes time but IMO the results are worth it. I love my pignose
happy.gif

ninjahood wrote:

one year made 2008 srt...rare...so sexi
frown.gif

�� 08' facelift looks too friendly compared to the OG crosshairs, but still a beautiful car
pimp.gif

�� Hopefully people will start to appreciate them less over time so that my 07' will have an 08' to�room�with.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Any 240 heads on here? When you owned your very first 240, did you ever like it? Im running an 90 s13 stock and im browsing Nico/Zilvia and Im like damn... wish my car was like some those guy's car. I practically got the car for free. Basically, I came to the conclusion that I could drop $5k (random number) on to a new car or put all that money into upgrading/fixing up the car. The car runs, but not as smooth as I want it to be.

nico>>> zilvia cool but...
grin.gif

You are going to need a job if you want to be a s-chassis owner. Especially a s13, they are reliable cars but s13s are almost 20 years old cars so they are bound to give you trouble like any other car. The way I see it is that with a new car youre going to need full coverage insurance, youre going to be paying payment forever etc. So Im good with my beater. The amount of money youre going to spend working on a car just depends on your goals.

Looking to drift?, the ka24d is a torque monster, especially when its turboed (KA-T
pimp.gif
). SR20DET is one heck of a engine and a red tops are going for reasonable prices, all though they used to be way cheaper years ago. You have the RB engine that are
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Also Nico has hundreds of tutorials and most members are willing to help out. It takes time but IMO the results are worth it. I love my pignose
happy.gif
Im actually driving the car as a DD and Im 99% sure its staying that way, though drifting would be pretty fun
laugh.gif
. It seems like most owners turn their cars into drifters so they drop a ton ofmoney. Im just looking to make it a DD and turn it into a sexy visual beast (new paintjob, wheels, drop, etc). I've seen some pictures and cotdamn... neverhave I been more jealous haha.

Power boost would be great. A swap would be awesome, but I'd have to find a garage or someone to install (I cant do this) and thats gonna be costly, not tomention the engine itself. Arent SRs hard to pass emissions in CA? I dont know... Im trying to find the least troublesome route.

Damn, theres so much I want to do with the car.

- New paintjob. Currently, the rest of the body except the driver side fender is a red color while everything else is burgundy. Rear bumper paint is a totalmess.
- A black pignose bumper that isnt steel.
- Badly need new tires and wheels
- New brakes. I got a slight issue with the brakes or so I think it's the brakes.
- New seats
- Drop it. For a DD, I guess springs are the best choice
- A few dents on the body. Doesn't look to bad. Might be fixable I think.
- Automatic. I seriously need to learn manual though.

There's just too many to list.
tired.gif

I'm a member of both forums, though I lurk too much. Nico definitely has the upper hand when it comes to help. I find Zilvia to have a much better marketsection mainly because 80% of the sellers are from CA
laugh.gif
. Nico is great,but its one thing to read the tutorials and another to actually DIY. Some of these things are just confusing to me. Still trying to learn though.

Man, one day I want my car to look something like this. I think those rotas look nice as hell on an s13.
wa0haq.jpg

In anyone can ID these rims, that would be great.
2ng96kx.jpg

28srcll.jpg

Back to the topic of this thread...
This is my black 1959 Rambler Super its satin black on top and sides the rest is flat black, og plates the interior has been redone same as factory. I amcurrently getting the motor rebuilt it has a small block 400 just picked up the Edelbrock heads, intake, cam and lifter set the other day.

16h3x1u.jpg

2yl347t.jpg

My other car to is also a 1959 Rambler Super this one is all original 23,xxx miles 195 c.i. inline 6 motor push button auto trans. I was wondering what itwould look like on 22's I got one of my friends blades and put it on while I was doing the front breaks.
What do you all think 22's or should I keep the original rims like the black one has now?
33uplhv.jpg

In this pic I had one of my friends PS some swangas on the black one. I am thinking of getting some 17" super pokes after I am done with the motor. Not tosure now but it will have swangas on it when I am done
29mlt1v.jpg

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Nicefro- why do you say that the F-series is a L? The only thing so far that's out is the 7 series...which is pretty nice. No other information is really out there on 3, 5, 6,Z series. The only thing is the possibility of a TT-V8 or TT-10 for the new M5/M6. Yes, it would've been alot nicer to have a N/A v10 with atleast 550-600hp, but with tougher emissions and the price of R/D, it makes it cheaper for the customer and more efficient.
It comes down to styling for me, don't like it at all.

Love bimmers, but the new exteriors just aren't doing it for me.

Originally Posted by NoTurninBack

Back to the topic of this thread...
This is my black 1959 Rambler Super its satin black on top and sides the rest is flat black, og plates the interior has been redone same as factory. I am currently getting the motor rebuilt it has a small block 400 just picked up the Edelbrock heads, intake, cam and lifter set the other day.

16h3x1u.jpg

My other car to is also a 1959 Rambler Super this one is all original 23,xxx miles 195 c.i. inline 6 motor push button auto trans. I was wondering what it would look like on 22's I got one of my friends blades and put it on while I was doing the front breaks.
What do you all think 22's or should I keep the original rims like the black one has now?
pimp.gif

I would do 22" deep dish moons with painted satin black lip, surrounded by rubber band vouges.

The Clay Bar:

For those of you that are just washing and waxing your whips...

Clay Before:

dh3csx.jpg

Clay Bar After:

2crsvb4.jpg

sick.gif
pimp.gif

^ I've got to get around to claying my car soon. What brand clay do you use? I'm looking around for a good brand to start out with.

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

The Clay Bar:

For those of you that are just washing and waxing your whips...

Clay Before:

dh3csx.jpg

Clay Bar After:

2crsvb4.jpg

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Did you clay the entire car?...and I hope you didn't use the clay bar like that! It's way to dirty and will scratch your car.

The feel of the exterior after doing a clay bar
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom