~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

1. Maguires clay bar kit (local pepboys didnt have a huge selestion) [I would rec Maguires]

2. hell no i didnt use it like that all around the car.
laugh.gif
that was justone panel, I kneed for every new panel.

^Next time you clay bar, I recommend using 4 clay bars for the entire vehicle. Even though you may kneed the dough as I call it, you still can/will put finescratches into your vehicle.

One clay bar for the roof.

One for the hood.

One for each side of the vehicle.

One for the bumpers.

Also after you clay barred, what did you do next. Did you swirl remove, polish, then wax?

362499230.jpg

seems like there are a few 240 heads here...my first car of 2.5 years...sold 3 months ago. probably one of the cleaner ones i've seen in NYC i miss her buti'm done w/ 240's at least as a daily driver. if anyone has any questions though lmk, i can try to help you out.

is maintenance on bmws really that expensive? my friend gets a routine maintenance inspection every 3K and it costs about 150 bucks.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

is maintenance on bmws really that expensive? my friend gets a routine maintenance inspection every 3K and it costs about 150 bucks.
Regular maintenance like oil changes, filter changes, fluid changes...no. But, stuff like bushings, seals, and other wear and tear items...willhave u
eek.gif
mad.gif

Somebody recommend me a car for about 15k I want to get a euro car if possible but my problem is I'm 6ft4 and smaller cars aren't an option.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Somebody recommend me a car for about 15k I want to get a euro car if possible but my problem is I'm 6ft4 and smaller cars aren't an option.
get a truck then

6'4" aint that tall but if you need a lot of room get a Lexus LS bro. cheap used, super reliable , Euro, lots of luxury features, quiet, decentpower.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Regular maintenance like oil changes, filter changes, fluid changes...no. But, stuff like bushings, seals, and other wear and tear items...will have u
eek.gif
mad.gif
got it, is the is300 a good option? its interior is
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

^Next time you clay bar, I recommend using 4 clay bars for the entire vehicle. Even though you may kneed the dough as I call it, you still can/will put fine scratches into your vehicle.

One for the hood.

One for the bumpers.

Also after you clay barred, what did you do next. Did you swirl remove, polish, then wax?
^WAY OD. I use like 1/3rd or 1/2 of the bar( I think kit comes with 2, can't remember) that came with meguiars kit for my entire car.. I justmake sure to kneed it over and over again until it's back to the color it was before I used it or when there's no surface contaminants seen on theclay surface.. As for brands... you can't go wrong with either Mother's or Meguiars.
To people clay-barring the car, cut the bar into pieces so that if you drop it, you'll have other pieces left to use ( once your claybar hits the floor,discard of it..).. Also clay-barring is something you usually do at least 2-4 times a year.. don't have to do it every wash... it's mandatory though ifyou're prepping the paint for a polish..

Yes and No.

I have owned two BMWs 545i and 330Ci. The oil change can run from $90 to $135. However the recommended oil change interval is 15,000 miles. Also BMW offersfree maintenance for the first 4 years or $50,000 miles. The only things I have ever paid for was oil and brakes. After the free maintenance is up I wouldrecommend finding a good BMW shop (non dealer). For example a brake job (pads and rotors) at a dealer may be $600+. I have a shop that does a better job for$300. BMW dealers mark up the cost of services because BMW NA covers the maintenance costs on most vehicles that come in.

Also BMWs no longer require routine maintenance (Inspection I II and so forth). And even when they did I have never heard of routine maintenance every 3,OOOmiles.

IntelliChoice Data

BMW has compiled data pertaining to the average cost* of maintaining other vehicles during the first four years of ownership. See how BMW's no-cost Ultimate Service plan compares:

Brand
Maintenance Costs
Acura $970.75
Audi $967.17
BMW $0
Cadillac $744.26
Infiniti $649.40
Jaguar $1112.53
Land Rover $233.52
Lexus $974.22
Lincoln $922.14
Mercedes-Benz $1086.60
Porsche $1032.14
Saab $385.29
Volvo $918.93

Pontiac G8's are sooooooooooooo underrated... swear i would trade up my G6 to it if i wasn't so stuck on getting a G35

personally...I like Mothers Clay bar over Meguiars... for some reason... Mothers seemed to pick up more gunk

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

^Next time you clay bar, I recommend using 4 clay bars for the entire vehicle. Even though you may kneed the dough as I call it, you still can/will put fine scratches into your vehicle.

One for the hood.

One for the bumpers.

^WAY OD. I use like 1/3rd or 1/2 of the bar( I think kit comes with 2, can't remember) that came with meguiars kit for my entire car.. I just make sure to kneed it over and over again until it's back to the color it was before I used it or when there's no surface contaminants seen on the clay surface.. As for brands... you can't go wrong with either Mother's or Meguiars.
To people clay-barring the car, cut the bar into pieces so that if you drop it, you'll have other pieces left to use ( once your claybar hits the floor, discard of it..).. Also clay-barring is something you usually do at least 2-4 times a year.. don't have to do it every wash... it's mandatory though if you're prepping the paint for a polish..
I think my advice is sound considering I detail as a side job. Clay bars are dirt cheap, why not take a little extra care?

Just giving my opinion here.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Yes and No.

I have owned two BMWs 545i and 330Ci. The oil change can run from $90 to $135. However the recommended oil change interval is 15,000 miles. Also BMW offers free maintenance for the first 4 years or $50,000 miles. The only things I have ever paid for was oil and brakes. After the free maintenance is up I would recommend finding a good BMW shop (non dealer). For example a brake job (pads and rotors) at a dealer may be $600+. I have a shop that does a better job for $300. BMW dealers mark up the cost of services because BMW NA covers the maintenance costs on most vehicles that come in.

Also BMWs no longer require routine maintenance (Inspection I II and so forth). And even when they did I have never heard of routine maintenance every 3,OOO miles.

IntelliChoice Data

BMW has compiled data pertaining to the average cost* of maintaining other vehicles during the first four years of ownership. See how BMW's no-cost Ultimate Service plan compares:

Brand
Maintenance Costs
Acura $970.75
Audi $967.17
BMW $0
Cadillac $744.26
Infiniti $649.40
Jaguar $1112.53
Land Rover $233.52
Lexus $974.22
Lincoln $922.14
Mercedes-Benz $1086.60
Porsche $1032.14
Saab $385.29
Volvo $918.93

I'm not too sure about that figure for Volvo. When I got mine, I got free maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles. Maybe it was just a specialdeal, but they usually do free maintenance for 3 years/36,000 miles now. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

rather then making an entire new thread ill try here first...

my question:

does anyone on NT own a dodge magnum?

my answer requests
pros?
cons?
SE SXT R/T SRT-8?
do you like it?
hows it ride?
and the year?

i only ask how it rides because ive yet to test drive one also, im only 19 so dont tell me to get the hemi..believe me if i could i would
laugh.gif

im lookin into a sxt
please and thank you

Back
Top Bottom