Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

anyone picked up Akira on blu-ray today?!
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I swear, I have NEVER seen a movie that more people have owned/bootlegged before it's actual US DVD release than TAKEN. WOW.

JRP, glad you got on that Planet Earth. It really is mind blowing.
yeah one of my buddies has had the french import blu of Taken for a couple months now but i opted to wait for the UK release since the frenchimport has forced subs. plus the UK import is uncut.

is anyone else stoked for "Let The Right One In" on tuesday? i caught a screening of this flick last year and i loved it.

51GYpLBd1CL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Twilight aint got +@!! on this

My my most recent purchases.

Coming Soon:

400 Blows (Criterion)
Wages of Fear (Criterion)
Ran (Criterion)
Last Year at Marienbad (Criterion)
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Seventh Seal (Criterion)

It's a great time to be a blu-ray Criterion fan
happy.gif

got some of the movies for free cuz of my ps3

pearl harbor
transporter 2
the hulk
fantastic 4
underworld evolution
the phantom of the opera
the corpse bide
deja vu

So i just popped in my Reservoir Dogs and noticed it said 24hz...what's up with that? My tv is 60hz

departed
blackhawk down
pirates of carribean trilogy
transformers
batman begins
the dark knight

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

So i just popped in my Reservoir Dogs and noticed it said 24hz...what's up with that? My tv is 60hz
It's a cinematic Movie. 24fps, 24p, 24hz, etc...

Does your TV have a "Cine" or "Movie" mode? (Not Picture calibration)

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Got my Planet Earth in the mail today from amazon.uk. 5 disk BBC Edition. It's really nice.
just got mine too.

amazing cinematography
Just did the same. I've seen it on DVD. Gotta see it on Blu-ray.

we should have this and the other Blu-ray thread merged

anyways, last 3 purchases were;
Fifth Element, Aviator, Starship Troopers. I highly recommend all 3, amazing PQ/AQ and are 14.99 and under

the Aviator blu-ray is very underrated!

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Yeah I do...is that normal for it to show up as? I've also been gettin a lot less volume from my tv since hooking up to hdmi. I bought a viziocable designed for full 1080p...is it just optimized for surround sound?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Yeah I do...is that normal for it to show up as? I've also been gettin a lot less volume from my tv since hooking up to hdmi. I bought a vizio cable designed for full 1080p...is it just optimized for surround sound?

24p is the native refresh for a Blu-Ray movie.

that's the way it's supposed to show when your TV supports it.

hey guys quick question. when i watch blu rays on my ps3, my receiver says it is outputting sound at 48 lcm. Aren't blu's supposed to output at 96?Have any blu's even been recorded for 96 sounds yet? any info would help, thanks!

Originally Posted by swizzc

hey guys quick question. when i watch blu rays on my ps3, my receiver says it is outputting sound at 48 lcm. Aren't blu's supposed to output at 96? Have any blu's even been recorded for 96 sounds yet? any info would help, thanks!

are you using optical audio or HDMI?

Originally Posted by osubass1

hey guys quick question. when i watch blu rays on my ps3, my receiver says it is outputting sound at 48 lcm. Aren't blu's supposed to output at 96? Have any blu's even been recorded for 96 sounds yet? any info would help, thanks!

I don't know if you know much about mini dvi-HDMI but when I hook my laptop to my tv I don't get sound. Do I have to use a seperate audio cable?

Originally Posted by osubass1

I don't know if you know much about mini dvi-HDMI but when I hook my laptop to my tv I don't get sound. Do I have to use a seperate audio cable?

i'm fairly certain that DVI (mini or standard) does not support audio. so, you would have to use a separate cable for audio.

Another nice website to keep all your collection up to date and get news/info is bluray.com and highdefdiscs.com. I have my collection on BR.com and I cancheck from my phone if I bought a blu ray or not while I'm in the store. Don't make comments like "why don't you know what blurays you alreadybought?!?!?" cause it can be hard to remember which ones I already have on dvd but not on BD since I might already own them, but on DVD.

I picked up Bolt yesterday... my first Cartoon bluray aside from NightMare Before Christmas... i have to say... not a big difference from the DVD

Back
Top Bottom