Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I picked up Bolt yesterday... my first Cartoon bluray aside from NightMare Before Christmas... i have to say... not a big difference from the DVD
Don't let Bolt's PQ deceive you. It is still very good.

If you want to see some really good animated film's with amazing PQ...

Madagascar 1/2
Cars
Ratatouille
Wall-E

There may be more but those I know for sure will look amazing.

If they look the same as dvd to you, either:
You aren't using HDMI cable.
Your tv isn't up to par.
Or your eyes are terrible.

I am using a HDMI Cable and I have a Samsung TOC 650

So maybe my visions sucks? ha ha jk

Don't get me wrong... It still looked great.. .but IMO not THAT much better from a DVD... maybe I was expecting more after hearing that cartoons lookAMAZING in HD

Its a significant upgrade... but I think cartoons look pretty good with upconvert as is

Don't get me wrong... It still looked great.. .but IMO not THAT much better from a DVD... maybe I was expecting more after hearing that cartoons look AMAZING in HD

Its a significant upgrade... but I think cartoons look pretty good with upconvert as is
laugh.gif
Yeah it's all good.

Some people notice it...some don't.

Check out the titles I mentioned tho. You may see a difference with those in comparison to Bolt on Blu Ray rather than comparing Blu Ray to DVD.

wow the inside sleeves of that Planet Earth edition look better than the older? ones. The one I have doesnt have individually designed pages for each disc.

I've got a bunch of blu-rays, rather post a pic than go through and list.

So, is there an official HD-pictures thread? so we can see some of this PQ for all these blu-ray headz.

I'll try and take some pics of my movies and stuff...not sure if you have to do something special so the quality of the pic from TV-screen to camera comesout ok though...I remember seeing lines and stuff show up when people try to take pictures of TV/computer screens.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by swizzc

hey guys quick question. when i watch blu rays on my ps3, my receiver says it is outputting sound at 48 lcm. Aren't blu's supposed to output at 96? Have any blu's even been recorded for 96 sounds yet? any info would help, thanks!

are you using optical audio or HDMI?
i'm using HDMI, and it outputs the sound at 48PCM, not lcm. My bad, im a n00b at this stuff. Anyway, i was under the impression it wascapable of outputting sound at 96pcm, is that not true?

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Don't get me wrong... It still looked great.. .but IMO not THAT much better from a DVD... maybe I was expecting more after hearing that cartoons look AMAZING in HD

laugh.gif
Yeah it's all good.

Some people notice it...some don't.

Check out the titles I mentioned tho. You may see a difference with those in comparison to Bolt on Blu Ray rather than comparing Blu Ray to DVD.

Yeah, maybe.. I haven't seen most of those and have no intentions to... for some reason I don't want to see Wall-E... I enjoyed Bolt a lot thoughoddly. Contemplating getting the Matrix tomorrow.. don't really want the entire trilogy set thats already out.

Blu-Ray news:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2567
[h2]More Tarantino Coming This August[/h2]
Posted April 8, 2009 09:19 AM by Josh Dreuth

[table][tr][td]
disney.gif
Miramax Home Entertainment in conjunction with Walt Disney Studio Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring 'Pulp Fiction: Special Edition' and 'Jackie Brown' to Blu-ray on August 4th. Technical specs have not been announced at this time, but you can expect the typical 1080p AVC video accompanied by a lossless audio soundtrack.

Special features have not been announced at this time.

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink | Relevant for:
US.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i got the French blu-ray steelbook release of Pulp Fiction. i finally got around to watching it last week and it looked good. only crappy part was the forcedfrench subs. it dont matter though i copped this strictly for collecting purposes. i'll definitely be getting the US release when it comes out.

[h1]1UP News[/h1]
[h1]Upgrade Your Warner Bros. HD-DVDs to Blu-ray[/h1][h4]Five bucks plus shipping gets you the Blu-ray version of films you bought on HD-DVD.[/h4]By Chris Pereira, 04/22/2009

media
Some retailers offered coupons or trade-ins for HD-DVD purchasers following the collapse of the format early last year. Since then, there hasn't been much noise in that space; Blu-ray has gone on to do its own thing and my HD-DVD player acts as nothing more than a secondary DVD player. For those who still live in regret over the decision to pick the wrong side, you're in luck: You can now upgrade many of your HD-DVDs from Warner Bros. to their Blu-ray counterparts through Red2Blu.com (via Joystiq PlayStation). The process isn't free -- it's $5 per upgrade plus shipping of $7 per order -- but if you have a few Warner Bros. HD-DVDs sitting on your shelves (or know of a place you can still get HD-DVDs on the cheap), it's a far cheaper alternative to buying the Blu-rays in stores.
The process is pretty simple: You place an order for which movies you want to upgrade (Batman Begins, The Matrix, The Departed, and the Ocean's Eleven trilogy are among the 128 eligible titles), mail in the cover art with the UPC intact, and then wait 4-5 weeks. The deal is unfortunately only good for those residing in the United States or Puerto Rico, so HD-DVD buyers in other regions remain out of luck.

Originally Posted by htownhooper31

I can't take pics cause away at college and left them all at home but I have...

The Incredible Hulk
Hancock
Transformers
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Superbad
I Am Legend
Nice Collection
wink.gif

Battlestar Galactica Seasons Announced for Blu-rayPosted April 22, 2009 01:54 PM by Josh Dreuth Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that theywill bring 'Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series' to Blu-ray on July 28th, day-and-date with the DVD release. Every episode will be include inthis twenty-disc set (all of which are BD-50s), and will be presented in 1080p VC-1 accompanied by a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack. On that same day, theywill bring 'Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5' to Blu-ray, day-and-date with the DVD release, for those of you who don't want to upgrade yourexisting collection (I'm not exactly sure why you wouldn't). This set will receive the same technical treatment, with 1080p VC-1 video accompanied by a5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Borrowing Sin City from my friend...never seen this movie before but it looks very good PQ wise

too expensive for me. i own only 4 bluray discs.

i grabbed a popcorn hour and dl hi-def rips. good enough for now.

Originally Posted by Drob2345

Originally Posted by htownhooper31

I can't take pics cause away at college and left them all at home but I have...

The Incredible Hulk
Hancock
Transformers
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Superbad
I Am Legend
Nice Collection
wink.gif

Thank you... Add 300 and Wall-E to the list.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Blu-Ray news:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2567
[h2]More Tarantino Coming This August[/h2]
Posted April 8, 2009 09:19 AM by Josh Dreuth

[table][tr][td]
disney.gif
Miramax Home Entertainment in conjunction with Walt Disney Studio Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring 'Pulp Fiction: Special Edition' and 'Jackie Brown' to Blu-ray on August 4th. Technical specs have not been announced at this time, but you can expect the typical 1080p AVC video accompanied by a lossless audio soundtrack.

Special features have not been announced at this time.

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink | Relevant for:
US.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I can't wait.
pimp.gif

I've got a 10 dollar gift card comin to best buy... plus about 30 in reward zone...but the only thing I think I'm going to get is Benjamin Button inMay...

Amazon's got a great deal on pre-order for lost season 1 and 2 right now... you get them both for 80

Do a lot of you guys with ridiculous collections (see poster above me) get around to watching those movies more than once? I only have 6 or 7 movies on Blu,and I've only watched each a couple of times. Except Training Day, I've watched that a good 10 times at least.

Back
Top Bottom