Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by IIcn

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Heat in November!!!!!!!

First day buy.
Wait wait wait wait... When exactly? source?

this, I need to know as well
Heat is one of the movies that I've been waiting for on Blu-ray, the transfer better be amazing
Sorry for the delay. Was out of town.

http://www.amazon.com/Hea...-Al-Pacino/dp/B0017HRJ04

Can't wait!
Thanks for the info man!

Gotta love Amazon.

22768612-8340a2daee8134d93a2f8f0e0ea8ccfc.4a820415-scaled.jpg

Picked up I Love You Man today... sure it wont look fantastic but it was a good movie

Was real tempted to get the TMNT collection but knew it'd be a waste

[h2]Tarantino Talks Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair, Grindhouse BDs[/h2]
Posted August 11, 2009 04:30 AM by JuanCalonge

weinstein.jpg
During the promotion of 'Inglourious Basterds,' Quentin Tarantino has told reporters that once hisjob with this film is done he plans to revisit and expand two of his movies, including a final 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair" and eventually thetheatrical experience of 'Grindhouse', with a view to an eventual Blu-ray release.

'Kill Bill: the Whole Bloody Affair' is a cut that combines volumes 1 and 2 of the movie, and has some substantial differences with the versions released in the US and Europe,especially in the battle at the House of Blue Leaves. It has long since been rumored for home video, but never actually released.

Tarantino said that a "whole new section" has been done and added to the anime sequence. "I actually wrote a much longer script for the animesection during O-Ren's revenge chapter," explains the filmmaker. "Remember the guy with the long hair that kills her father? It's like, whathappened to that dude? Well, I wrote it and it was the biggest, most elaborate thing I wrote - her taking him down."

Tarantino had the whole script for this sequence "written out shot for shot" but it was never produced at the time. Now Tarantino has persuadedproducer Harvey Weinstein to make and insert this expanded sequence, and studio Production IG is animating it. Tarantino says that as soon as 'InglouriousBasterds' is "officially" behind him, he'll do the final supervision on the material.

On the other hand, it seems that the long-awaited theatrical cut of 'Grindhouse' might be farther off than we expected. Tarantino admitted,"We've just been lazy getting around to 'Grindhouse', the full edition." He didn't seem to be in a hurry, seeing that the theatricalcut has proven to be very popular with midnight showings all around the world.

I'm sure it was posted in here, but Frys Electronics has all of their HD-DVD's for $3 - $4. I bought a couple Warner Bros. titles so I could trade themin at Red2Blu.

i recently got Monsters Inc on blu and all i got to say is WOW
eek.gif
out of allmy blu rays this probably has the best picture quality.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

eek.gif
out of all my blu rays this probably has the best picture quality.

Yea, those Pixar type movies look crazy in bluray format. Just mesmerizing.

so. gladiator and braveheart drop today.

for those interested, bestbuy.com has a deal where if you buy both, you get 10$ off.

just placed an order for store pickup. getting both for 38 bucks. not a bad deal at all
pimp.gif

in my collection
blow
dark knight
batman begins
la confidential
harold n kumar
wedding crashers

got em all for 65 from a promo online
smile.gif
i dont even hav a blu ray player yet but been scopin ps3s after the price drop
wanted to scoop blood diamond n training day but alredy got em on dvd...quality diff big if i got a dvd player w/ upconversion?

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

[h2]Tarantino Talks Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair, Grindhouse BDs[/h2]
Might have to pick up up Kill Bill and Grindhouse on Blu Ray when they get released now.

so can anyone provide some places to get good deals on blu rays? been meaning to really start a collection so I'd like to cop bunches at a time. do most ofyou use Amazon? just looking for some tips/advice

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

so can anyone provide some places to get good deals on blu rays? been meaning to really start a collection so I'd like to cop bunches at a time. do most of you use Amazon? just looking for some tips/advice

You have to look around weekly for deals. Check Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart, they usually have good deals weekly. Check out www.slickdeals.net for good sales,that's where I found the Austin Powers pack for a really good prices and many other good deals.

Originally Posted by Apolloburningstar

eek.gif

He probably has the import... but it comes out in USA November 3rd or something

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by Apolloburningstar

eek.gif

He probably has the import... but it comes out in USA November 3rd or something
yup had a buddy of mine in mexico get me one. it was pretty cheap under $20.

Richard Stanley's Hardware on blu
pimp.gif
last time i had seen this waswhen i rented it on vhs. if your a fan of cyber punk/horror movies check this out when it drops.

Crank, you def picked some good titles to get it started.
pimp.gif

I HOPE Heat drops in November damn.
laugh.gif
It's been pushed back like 43 times. I don't know why WB just decided to push it another week. SMH

I dunno, it always happens around summer to me. I feel like I invest more time into moves at the theaters and then in the fall when they're all dropping onBlu in the fall I
pimp.gif
myself to death and get hype again. My last purchase was Fast & Furious. I'll probably pick up Wolverine and Boondock Saints(finally) in a few weeks. Forrest Gump will also definitely be copped day one.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom