Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

I cant w8 until The Hangover comes out, will be my first Blu Ray pickup ever, PS3 Slim BTW

Originally Posted by nnarum

Been using my BD60 for about a week now, no freezing issues so far that many have reported through user reviews...
pimp.gif

Any word on when LOTR and Star Wars IV-VI will be releasing?
Rumors say they won't be released until Luca$ believes blu-ray is well-entrenched as the preferred optical media format.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by nnarum

Been using my BD60 for about a week now, no freezing issues so far that many have reported through user reviews...
pimp.gif

Any word on when LOTR and Star Wars IV-VI will be releasing?
Rumors say they won't be released until Luca$ believes blu-ray is well-entrenched as the preferred optical media format.

when the hell was that? when hd-dvd was still alive?

Post some deals on players please. Particularly, I want the ones with the most online content, Netflix and Youtube being the most important. Wifi, I can goeither way on. If I have to, I can just move the router to the computer downstairs, and it's not too far from the big screen to that computer.

I'm looking at either the LG BD390 (wifi, youtube, netflix, bd live), the 370 (same but no wifi), or the Sony BDP N460 (youtube, netflix, ehow, bd live,amazon v.o.d, like 25 in all). But it makes no sense the next up model from Sony, the 560, has wifi but then NO online content at all. I called the other dayand asked if they plan on adding it via firmware update at some point, but I just got somebody who didn't know at all what I was talking about. Doesanybody know?

excited to say I have purchased Inglorious Basterds and await its arrival patiently. I've been waiting to own this since I walked out of the theater forthe third time.

also copped Raging Bull so I could get free shipping. can't go wrong with that one.

What's everyone watching?

Recent pickups?

The Hangover finally came in today from Amazon so I'm gonna pop this bad boy in. I'm looking forward to the extras.

just got my copy of Hangover from amazon too. just copped Red Cliff from amazon uk for $18.77 not bad for an epic 5 hr movie.

From Slick Deals
Amazon.co.uk has The Ultimate Bourne Collection on Blu-ray for £15.63 (see price drop in cart) + £3.08 shipping = £18.71 which converts to $31.44 USD total shipped price. Thanks bgstewar

Includes:
  • The Bourne Identity
  • The Bourne Supremacy
  • The Bourne Ultimatum

bourne-trilogy.jpg

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

excited to say I have purchased Inglorious Basterds and await its arrival patiently. I've been waiting to own this since I walked out of the theater for the third time.

also copped Raging Bull so I could get free shipping. can't go wrong with that one.
There's a great interview with Brad Pitt and Tarantino in the extras.

why get comedies on blu ray?
laugh.gif

I always feel like blu ray should be saved for action movies in that it makes a difference with the effects and stuff...

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

why get comedies on blu ray?
laugh.gif

I always feel like blu ray should be saved for action movies in that it makes a difference with the effects and stuff...
Somewhat true. But if I liked a movie, or really want it in my collection, I wouldn't buy the dvd version.

Thats just me.

But I completely understand where you are coming from.

Inglorious Basterds is great. I liked the chapters. Just wished there was a bit more action. But still good nonetheless.

To this day, The Dark Knight is still my favorite blu. I have watched it at least 100 times. No, that is not an exaggeration.

My folks are getting me a player for XMas, the Samsung BDP1600. Is anyone using this player? Give me some pros/cons.......

152f5li.jpg

the hangover special edition + fight club 20 bucks each go to target! they got some nice price cuts over there

i got the hangover for 15.99 at best buy. inglorious basterds for 17

if the prices are cheaper on the bestbuy website, which they usually are, just tell the cashier and theyll drop the price for you.

I'm headed out rightnow to cop Weeds before the end of the night, can't beat $15 for season 3 and 4

anything worthwhile dropping this week? getting 500 days for sure

i'm getting the complete series of the sopranos tomorrow at BBy, $120, MSRP is $350

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i got the hangover for 15.99 at best buy. inglorious basterds for 17

if the prices are cheaper on the bestbuy website, which they usually are, just tell the cashier and theyll drop the price for you.
I hate BB for that. They always end up adjusting anyway, but its just the time wasted with CS
smh.gif

Does Amazon still have that LOST season 1-5 Blu-ray special?

Anybody know if there's a similar sale in-stores or anywhere else online?

I just got a new home theater system for the pad, are there any good concert blu rays to get? I like hip-hop/rap, r&b, pop... anything that has a good beatto it....

Back
Top Bottom