Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Does Amazon still have that LOST season 1-5 Blu-ray special?

Anybody know if there's a similar sale in-stores or anywhere else online?

Hell No!

I regret not jumping on it. My bank account had to clear, by the time I was going to purchase the deal was over....
mad.gif

21cuvp.jpg

beyonce experience is good (video and audio)

foo fighters live at wembley is good too if you like rock/alternative (i like skin and bones better, but it's not on blu)

linkin park road to revolution is good, but it's an outdoor show and sounds much different from dedicated a concert hall

I used this all last week for xmas presents.

good benefit of working a mile from a target store

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1704569

http://www.redplum.com/

so basically, say, $19.99

- $5 target coupon
- $3 plum

12 bucks, aint bad.

i got inglorious bastards,district 9 & the hangover .

that $5 coupon is nice..
pimp.gif

edit : i know it has expired.. but.. according to sd, it still works, & who even reads the expiration date.

should of posted this last week, smh @ me.

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Hell No!

I regret not jumping on it. My bank account had to clear, by the time I was going to purchase the deal was over....
mad.gif

21cuvp.jpg
Was hoping FRY's had something similar. Checked yesterday, nothing. Its been killing me that I passed on that deal

roll.gif
@ that Dexter gif. Don't think I've seen that episode yet.

I need gangs of new york in my life

All I have so far:

Inglorious Basterds
Public Enemies
Hangover
Terminator 3 (8.99)

I need to step my blu-ray game up.. It sucks, after blu ray I don't think I can go back to standard DVDs on a HDTV. It sucks cuz my dvd game was on point,and the upconverting that new blu rays do don;t do no justice DVDs still don't look quite as good.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

I used this all last week for xmas presents.

good benefit of working a mile from a target store

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1704569

http://www.redplum.com/

so basically, say, $19.99

- $5 target coupon
- $3 plum

12 bucks, aint bad.

i got inglorious bastards,district 9 & the hangover .

that $5 coupon is nice..
pimp.gif

edit : i know it has expired.. but.. according to sd, it still works, & who even reads the expiration date.

should of posted this last week, smh @ me.

embarassed.gif
I can't get that coupon to print.
mad.gif

I wish it was just an image instead of installing software

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

From Slick Deals
Amazon.co.uk has The Ultimate Bourne Collection on Blu-ray for £15.63 (see price drop in cart) + £3.08 shipping = £18.71 which converts to $31.44 USD total shipped price. Thanks bgstewar

Includes:
  • The Bourne Identity
  • The Bourne Supremacy
  • The Bourne Ultimatum

I jumped on this and also got
c5c150edbece8f63f149495919b0e7b28f9b873.pjpg
steelbook both for under45.00 shipped. from Amazon.UK

Recent gifts or pick ups...

I Robot
I Am Legend
Independence Day
Terminator
Terminator Judgment Day
Terminator Rise Of The Machines
Terminator Salvation

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

EAGLE 0N wrote:

Hell No!

mad.gif

21cuvp.jpg

Im pretty tight I didnt pull the trigger on this one too
smh.gif
. I had it in my cart like 3 diff times, but kept taking it out hoping there would be a similar dealdown the road after they come out with the complete set.

Finally got a blu-ray player on christmas. The HDMI cables weren't reading for some reason at first, but now they work and all I can say is...
eek.gif
Thequality is amazing.

copped the hangover recently before xmas

so far i got:

transformers
the dark knight
iron man
smallville season 7
the hangover

passed on enter the dragon bluray for $15 but i already got it on dvd

Does anyone know where you can return a Blu-Ray? I got one as a gift but I have the DVD already. I tried to return it at Best Buy but they didn't budge.

All I have so far:

Iron Man
The Dark Knight
Transformers

Should have picked up some during Black Friday

Are blurays that were converted from movies originally shot say 5-10 years ago inferior in quality compared to say District 9 on bluray?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Are blurays that were converted from movies originally shot say 5-10 years ago inferior in quality compared to say District 9 on bluray?

not necessarily. There are both good and bad quality movies no matter the age of the film. SOme of the blu rays with the best quality are the oldest (2001: ASpace Odyssey, Sleeping Beauty and The Wizard of Oz come to mind). In the same vein, there are some more recent films with terrible transfers (Gangs of NewYork, T3, etc)
i think what the issue that most people have with older movies is the amount of film grain that is present as opposed to newer films. New movies tend to haveenhancements that make the picture more smooth. What people fail to realize is that the grain was there from the start, and was apart of the director'svision when he/she first filmed the movie. It has nothing to do with the PQ

it depends on the film they used, the equipment they used at the time of filming, and restorative treatments they applied.

watch some old james bond blu-rays to see how good old movies can look.

I scooped up LOST season 1-5 when Amazon had that deal a couple weeks back. So right now that's all I have in my BR collection.

I'm thinking about getting The Hangover and Up sometime soon as well.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I was wondering the same thing...I recently started buying the Blu-Rays but I will only buy new movies. Movies that came out after the BRtechnology. I haven't bought any old ones cause I don't think there is a really a big difference. Like when DVDs came out, they said they were so muchbetter than the VHS version but I never really seen the difference.

Inglorious Basterds is amazing.

I recently added that, Friday for $17, 300, and The Hangover.

i own:

Inglorious Basterds

Taken

The Hangover

Watchmen

UP

Wall-E

Ice Age 3

Black Hawk Down

Fight Club

and my favorite movie of them all, Star Trek

Back