Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

finally just copped Star Trek & Watchmen on BD
pimp.gif
Best Buy price matching FTW!

I have so many blu-rays I haven't even opened yet though word to HBP
laugh.gif
I'm gonna check out Watchmen or HBP soon though

i have yet to own a bluray haha

i might pick some up soon, but not seeing the hype so much.

whats the difference between 1080p and 720p TV? i have a 720p and the blu-ray still looks great.

will there be a bigger difference if i get a 1080p TV?

i just bought twilight and district 9, i got star trek as a birthday gift ...

i still need ALL of the Harry Potters, Pinnochio, UP and The Wizard of Oz

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs drops tomorrow, I may copp that!

I love blu-rays!

Heads up: If ya'll can't watch Pineapple Express on ur PS3 disable the internet connection and it should work just fine.

No there won't be a dramatic change (if your tv is smaller than 46 inches or so..) . No need for a 1080p T.v if it's not bigger than 50 inches I wouldsay...don't waste your money on the hype of 1080p..

just ordered inglorious basterds and fight club. i heard these were good transfers so i figured i'd check em out.

Glad to see this thread back on the front page.

Christmas was great to my Blu Ray collection.

Got a few movies which bumped the collection up to a little over 180.

Home Alone 1 & 2
Inglorious Basterds
Public Enemies
District 9
500 Days of Summer

Might pick up Cloudy w/ a chance and The Final Destination tomorrow. Both of which SHOULD be in 3D. I'll have to double check. Blu Ray review says TheFinal Destination looks and sounds great.

I figured this might help people add a few older movies to their collections, taken from SlickDeals:

Amazon has Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Blu-Ray) for $7. Shipping is free with amazon prime(3-month trial) or orders over $25 total. Thanks anya618

Amazon also has several other classic movies in blu-ray format on sale. Thanks tintin_snowy [Discuss]

some good bly rays coming up the next 2 or 3 months that stood out to me

8 1/2, moon, ran, atonement, the hurt locker, fear and loathing in las vegas, gangs of new york, he was a quiet man, the last king of scotland, dirty harrycollection (some of these are great), TREMORS, and toy story 1 and 2

One of the main problems I have with Blu-ray is the poor transfers they do for older movies and not including the special features the DVD's had.

When DVD's first came out, they released bare bones movies with no special featres, and kept releasing newer versions of the movie with special features.Blu-ray is doing the same thing.

Examples, Total Recall. Terrible quality on Blu-ray and lacking on the special features that the regular DVD had.

Terminator 2 has already been released twice on Blu-ray. Anyways, ranting a little bit, but just thought i'd speak out and see how many other people havenoticed this.

some older movies have incredible transfers. 2001 and dr strangelove come to mind. (not talking bout special features)

Originally Posted by DubA169

some good bly rays coming up the next 2 or 3 months that stood out to me

8 1/2, moon, ran, atonement, the hurt locker, fear and loathing in las vegas, gangs of new york, he was a quiet man, the last king of scotland, dirty harry collection (some of these are great), TREMORS, and toy story 1 and 2
pimp.gif

Check these numbers:

[h2]Amazon Sells Over 100,000 Blu-ray Players During Holiday Season[/h2]
Posted January 4, 2010 09:38 AM by JoshDreuth

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bd.gif
Amazon has announced that they have sold enough Blu-ray players during the holiday season that, if lined up side-by-side, would measure over 27 miles in length. Quick math by Video Business (who estimates the average Blu-ray Disc player is 17 inches in width) shows that would equal about 100,600 players.

The web retailer was competing with Best Buy and Walmart who were both providing Blu-ray Disc players at significant discounts during the holiday season. Current estimates put unit sales for Blu-ray Disc players up 50% over last year, and even at the lower prices, dollar sales up 5%.

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Source: Video Business | Permalink[/td] [td]Relevant for:[/td] [td]
US.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom