Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Originally Posted by salbah3

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by jae oh en

anyone seen any deals for the lord of the rings trilogy that drops next week?

review on it wasn't that nice
Hella DNR supposedly, nice another one botched by WB smh. I wanted to pick it up too

Forgive me, but what is DNR? So nobodys coppin the box set? I was stoked to see it coming out...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Do you guys trash your slipcovers that come with the movies? I have crazy OCD looking for the "perfect" ones at Best Buy or Target.
laugh.gif
I might just stash them for the sake of uniformity.

Nice collection Ferrari.
pimp.gif
Looking like mine with having a bunch unopened. A lot of good deals you can't pass up.
I'm the same exact way with the slip covers, my girlfriend thinks I'm ridiculous.  
laugh.gif

I got all the Pirates at Target and for some reason one and two weren't in the security hard cases where they have to open it first then give you the movie, but the third one was so when she pulled it out, by the slip cover I was cringing.  I noticed it was all beat up and was not very happy about it.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

salbah3 wrote:

i3allistic wrote:

jae oh en wrote:

Hella DNR supposedly, nice another one botched by WB smh. I wanted to pick it up too

Forgive me, but what is DNR? So nobodys coppin the box set? I was stoked to see it coming out...
ohwell.gif

They could have at least included the extended versions of the movies.
smh.gif
You're better off waiting since they'll be released eventually.

I used to care about the slip covers, but then some had them and some didn't so I just threw them all away
laugh.gif

what was bad about LOTR? i've never seen any of them so i was hyped to cop the blu ray set....

is it the image/sound quality? lack of bonuses/commentary?

i could care less about the latter.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by salbah3

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by jae oh en

ohwell.gif
My bad, its Digital Noise Reduction. Grain seems to piss people off so studios can apply DNR to smooth out the picture and reduce/eliminate grain. The thing is you're removing a lot of detail and it gives you the waxy, smudged look. I used to hate grain but no thanks, I'd rather have it intact and preserve the PQ rather than have an unnaturally smooth, smudged PQ. I say just wait, that trilogy deserves much better. 

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

what exactly is a steel book?

just curious.

thanks!

A steel book refers to the packaging the Blu-Ray/DVD movies comes in instead of a regular plastic one. Usually blockbuster movies come out with this special edition package.

Picked up all 3 X-men movies for $12 each, Daredevil for $9 and then Wolverine for $14. 
pimp.gif

$59 for 5 Blu Ray's.........and I already had all 5 on DVD. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Picked up all 3 X-men movies for $12 each, Daredevil for $9 and then Wolverine for $14.

where?

interested in the xmens and the wolverine.

thank you.
smile.gif

thanks for the steelbook info.

my harry potter set came in today! yes!

lastly,

on those Hollywood video blus... are they are stickered up with their name on the disc and case? do they come with the case and art work? thanks!

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

where?

interested in the xmens and the wolverine.

thank you.
smile.gif

The 3 X-men I got from the local Fry's out in Oregon, and Wolverine I picked up at Target right down the road. 

Target had a lot of decent movies for $10, Speed, Predator, Terminator, American Gangster, and a few others. 

Target has gladiator and braveheart for 17.99 with some kind of 10$ coupon thing inside but gotta see what the deal is with that exactly, but that would be cool to get it for 8$.

the OG willy wonka and the chocolate factory came out!?!? WHAT!?!

how does this look, anyone own it?

ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS!

Back
Top Bottom