Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

instead of trading in dvds why dont u guys do the thing where they check if u eligible for a pphone upgrade?

Was reading the blu-ray forums and a lot of them are hitting up dollar trees and racking up on the 1 cent dvds and getting the coupons that way. Gonna try this out tomorrow :smokin

Source Code is $6.99 at Best Buy

Looked at all the $9.99 blurays.. Probably would Make 2 trips to Best Buy

Trip 1:
Cast Away
Final Destination (first one)
Yes Man
Young Frankenstein
The Mask

Trip 2:
Saw VI (bought my dad the other 5)
The Truman Show
World's Greatest Dad (if you haven't seen it, do it. Pretty good Robin Williams movie that has been released recently
Music & Lyrics (mock if you want, it's a decent movie :lol: )
(Between Hustle & Flow (never at my Best Buy), Grumpy & Grumpier Old Men Combo, Deep Blue Sea, Enter the Dragon, Varsity Blues)

Last edited:
I recently bought a European steelbook of the newly remastered The Terminator. It looks unbelievable, so much better than the first U.S. release from way back in 2006. Too bad that they didn't include the original mono soundtrack in this one either though. But highly, HIGHLY recommended!

Bought a DVD from the 99 cents store and use it on a couple of Blu rays at bestbuy today..

Thanks for the idea NT!!

Wish I could do one more trip but I'm going out of town.

Took a handful of DVD's and got...

40 Year Old Virgin
Platoon
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club

Only picked up 3 movies yesterday...didn't see anything else I didn't have already... Hopefully next week there are some more $9.99 movies..

Picked up-
ET Digibook
50/50
Next Three Days

Planet of the Apes Collection $27.99 on amazon (5 films 1968-1973) Since it's over $25 one of the steps when you do checkout you can do free shipping.

Blu-rays that come out Tuesday:

A League of Their Own (Tom Hanks, Gina Davis)
Mad Men: Season Five
Looney Tunes Volume 2 (365 minutes of Looney Tunes shorts)
Chernobyl Diaries
The Slender Thread (Sidney Poitier)
That's My Boy (Adam Sandler)

Last edited:
How many discounts blu rays can I get when I trade In.. 1 used DVD?

1 bluray for 1 dvd.... Only can do five per trip (last fall there was a promotion over 3 weeks. I went probably 5 or 6 times). Bluray has to me $9.99 or more. Excludes music Blurays.

When you bring in your DVDs go straight to the Customer Service desk. Tell them you want to do the Upgrade & Save Bluray promotion. Hand them 5 dvds. Get 5 coupons then go shop.

Last edited:
Just saw a picture of this. Love this movie

SMH physical copies are such a waste of money

depreciation is craaazy

this couldnt be further from the truth.

i use those same 'obsolete physical copies' to make my own .iso's for DVD's, and my own HD .mkv's from Blu-Ray's.

i LOVE physical copies. physical copies ensure that im getting THE BEST audio and video quality when i encode.

...i still buy CD's too. one i get them i encode to FLAC and store the physical copy.

downloading was always wack to me because there was never any standard of quality.

Picked up all 6 seasons of Dexter for 124.99 last night at Best Buy! Offer ends today though and it goes back to 237.99.

Wow. I never seen this thread. 

Black friday es coming up and was jw do Criterion edition blurays usually go on sale on blk friday? I copped a few things during the flash sale.. Hope they do it again.. tryna go hammer. 

edit: also best place to cop blurays during blk friday? amazon? bestbuy?(online)? welp

Last edited:
Wow. I never seen this thread. 

Black friday es coming up and was jw do Criterion edition blurays usually go on sale on blk friday? I copped a few things during the flash sale.. Hope they do it again.. tryna go hammer. 

edit: also best place to cop blurays during blk friday? amazon? bestbuy?(online)? welp

Barnes&Noble has a sale on Criterion until the 19th.

And Amazon is always best prices... Updates daily http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/

Last edited:
Amazon has great deals on blu's right now

just ordered

The Artist
Prometheus
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Avengers
Gone Baby Gone
Project X
and a DVD rack

for $95 - $70 after using Amazon Visa points.

Back
Top Bottom