Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Oh god... my addiction is coming back... but this time I'm all Criterion

That's costly..

It's that time of the year to get back into it. I normally go ham on Amazon in mid-late November.

Unfortunately for me, I'm student teaching until Thanksgiving, so I may miss some deals :smh:

Last edited:
I haven't bought a blu ray in forever....I'll probably buy a whole bunch black friday week :lol:

That's costly..

It's that time of the year to get back into it. I normally go ham on Amazon in mid-late November.

Unfortunately for me, I'm student teaching until Thanksgiving, so I may miss some deals :smh:

I just started getting into them and have blind bought every single one with no regret.
There's a sale coming up on November 15th and I plan on buying about 10 titles . :lol:

I haven't bought a blu ray in forever....I'll probably buy a whole bunch black friday week :lol:

Best Buy usually has great deals on Blu - Ray movies on black friday.

Thanks for the heads up. Any new(ish) releases worth getting?

I'm sure @nickthesneakerkid will be on it

Depends what movies you're into .
The sale goes on through the 9th of November or the 2nd December. It's unclear, from what I have read.
If it does goes on through December I suggest picking up City Lights and Tokyo Story in a couple of weeks.

I myself am picking up
3 Films by Roberto Rossellini
The Killing
Three Colors Trilogy
Blow Out
Vivre Sa Vie
The Royal Tenanbaums
Repo Man
Badlands
The Game
VIdeodrome
On The Water Front

oh god the list goes on..

This list is going to be cut down to five by Friday.

I may have to get On The Waterfront. Had to watch it for English back in 9th Grade. Thought I would hate it, but really enjoyed it.

I may have to get On The Waterfront. Had to watch it for English back in 9th Grade. Thought I would hate it, but really enjoyed it.

Ditto. I also watched it for a film class and wrote a paper on it, ended up appreciating it so much more.

In my top 10, Brando changed the game.

The week that burns a hole in my pocket:

From Amazon, I've bought:

Pain & Gain
The Great Gatsby
Snitch
King of New York
Fast Five
G.I. Joe Retaliation
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
21 Jump Street
World War Z
Drive

It's only Thursday morning.... Soooo I expect this list to double.. Possibly triple :smh:

Last edited:
The week that burns a hole in my pocket:

From Amazon, I've bought:

Pain & Gain
The Great Gatsby
Snitch
King of New York
Fast Five
G.I. Joe Retaliation
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
21 Jump Street
World War Z
Drive

It's only Thursday morning.... Soooo I expect this list to double.. Possibly triple :smh:

Same here dude haha

Already got The To Do List, Breaking Bad The Final Season, Trouble With The Curve and the ESPN 30 for 30 and i'm about to get all these cheaper blus and it's not even black friday :x

Copped this Best Buy Exclusive Of The Wolverine:

I did in store pick up and will go get it on my lunch break :pimp:

I've lurked this thread for years.

I finally have a bluray collection.

I have:
  • home alone 1/2,
  •  nolan batman trilogy
  • pan's labyrinth
  • saving private ryan
  • shawshank redemption
  • fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
  • breaking bad season 4
  • django unchained
  • inception
  • pacific rim
  • xmen first class
  • fight club
  • the breakfast club
  • fairy tale
  • hunger games
  • spartacus season 1 and 3
  • skyfall
  • inglourious basterds
  • star trek into darkness

what are your guys' fav. blurays that you've watched at least twice?

Welcome :lol:. Buying blu-rays will get very addictive. I started after taking a film class. My professor said he had over 1000 films on DVD, Bluray, and I said I need to get there :lol:

If you're going from a picture quality standpoint definitely Avatar. It is visually amazing every time that you watch it.

As for films I watch a lot of my collection: The Dark Knight, Forrest Gump, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Inception, John Q, Malcolm X, Pulp Fiction, Spawn, Tommy Boy, Training Day

This is my entire collection (about 20 or so blurays I'm missing right now that I recently bought)
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=205051&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7

Last edited:
I'm on that site too esssential haha. And he's right about the addiction once I started buying blu's I got addicted quick! Just surpassed 500 over the holiday with no end in sight smh

Back
Top Bottom