OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

just another day of nba 2k
E4716459-19F0-4607-AFA7-CA5278F538EE.jpeg

For anyone interested, the 2K21 demo is live now.

[/COLOR]

The timing of 2K21's release is weird man. We are still in the former season.

Weird man

Yeah them still sticking to their regular release window is weird.

Current gen 2K21 won't have the rookies or free agent transactions.

You basically playing NBA 2K20.25.

Yeah them still sticking to their regular release window is weird.

Current gen 2K21 won't have the rookies or free agent transactions.

You basically playing NBA 2K20.25.
I question if the Class of 2020 will ever get facial scans. Probably not because of distancing.

Yes, we are in the middle of two seasons.

I mean they already had some of the top players available in myteam, so for the most part i think they'll be fine regarding the player models

What do you mean by this? I have never played MyTeam

They literally had Lamelo, Edwards, Cole Anthony & a few other top prospects as usable players in the mode (albeit with unrealistic stats) but if they had them already i would assume they have a lot of the player models done for other rookies as well.

They literally had Lamelo, Edwards, Cole Anthony & a few other top prospects as usable players in the mode (albeit with unrealistic stats) but if they had them already i would assume they have a lot of the player models done for other rookies as well.
Yea I doubt those people were provided by 2K because those players aren't part of the PLayer's Union. That is unlawful. 2K doesn't even like putting in Audio for players that are in upcoming drafts just to stay safe.

If you saw those players out there I am sure it was from a user that hacked them into the system.

Yea I doubt those people were provided by 2K because those players aren't part of the PLayer's Union. That is unlawful. 2K doesn't even like putting in Audio for players that are in upcoming drafts just to stay safe.

If you saw those players out there I am sure it was from a user that hacked them into the system.

Nah 2k added them back in June in Myteam packs. It’s 2k’s version of Madden ultimate team. Definitely no hacking, as far as the legal aspects to it IDK.

Also I hate these demos. It’s too hard to gauge the game from them.
146E6DFC-5BEA-4986-9533-80AAFF5E5A55.jpeg

Dribbling and movement is slightly different, player body models have been tweaked. Surface level it looks the same which was expected. I have to play the full version first to see how much is really different.

This shot stick definitely will take some getting used to. This feels like street fighter now 😂. Think I will just wait till next gen.

This shot stick definitely will take some getting used to. This feels like street fighter now 😂. Think I will just wait till next gen.

I'm getting the Mamba edition so I will have both copies current gen and next gen. If current gen wasn't included in the deal I wouldn't buy it as a stand alone product.

I was going to say that but I know everyone can't afford a next gen system right away, so current gen might be their only choice.

But IF you have the means, why buy NBA 2K20.5 on XBOX/PS4?

2k had the interns working on current gen....if any of my Comp Sci kids turned in a project with that much copy and paste they're getting a zero.

I'm going to use current gen to farm VC for next gen, since it does rollover. But I'm not excited about it at all. I can't remember any year in recent memory that the dev team was this silent after the demo/prelude release.

Usually it's full blown rollout mode, you can tell they don't care.

They probably have to justify people buying the current gen. If everyone got the trailer for next gen now, less people would buy the current one.

I used to buy the CG in console jump years because the first NG is always bare (I.e. no franchise modes). It looks like maybe the opposite might happen. I’d get this current one if it were decent but nowadays 2K has been trash.

The reality is the expectations for current gen was already low..but somehow 2k found a way to still underwhelm the majority of it's fanbase.

I'm not going to jump to quick decisions because it is a demo. I want to save my full judgement after release and about a week played online, but man it didn't look promising after touching it.

I just want them to fix MyGM. I don't care if it's current gen, next gen or juice and gin.

They made MyGM ranked so you can compare yourself to others online. The hell would I care about that? Couldn't even edit or change quarter length smh. Idek what their intentions were when they released MyGM for 2k20 but my guess is that they catered to the online community almost exclusively which I dont care for.

Back
Top Bottom