OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

Idk man.

I don’t like repetitive nonsense for $60 worth of roster updates, and since they’re charging EXTRA cuz of microtransactions and the special edition games, I’m sure COSTS to add new features (such as courts) shouldn’t be a problem for them

Just full transparency, a couple of us from OperationSports were invited to a community weekend @ EA Canada. This was during the time NBA Elite was about to come out. We demo'ed it, has a Live Forum with the developers, took a tour and briefly saw what goes on. So ever since then, I have personally tried to be a little less judgmental with claiming, "They don't care. Nothing changed, etc."

So if it ever seems like I am defending (the consensus around here), I just attempt to be fair and realistic because I have seen/heard and still have regular dialogue with a few of the devs from being on PS.

Also, I grew up in the 90s. My first NBA basketball game didn't even feature NBA players. So I have seen the amount of progress made from a time when I had to keep stats by hand to now where NBA 2K has damn near every advanced stat I could want.

I am NOT implying I am the only one that played basketball games on the NES.

Also, fully expect 2K21 for Next-Gen to be a barebones version of the game.

I honestly might sit 2K21 out as a whole.

That first NBA game for the new system has traditionally been skippable.

NBA Live 96 (PS 1) taught me that.

Also for the same reason alone, not sure I wanna do the "experimental beta game" again with first NBA 2K game of the next console generation like I did with 2K14 entering the PS4 generation..........smh :smh:

I'm probably switching over to PC for either 2K21 and/or future 2K games............as much as I dislike the idea of owning "digital titles" of the game for "digital hoarding reasons" alone (I always trade out the older version of the 2K game I own to purchase the new 2K game since I have no reason to hold the old one on my current platform).

Then again, 2K21 on PC will also be the PS4/Xbox 1 generation version............. :smh: :smh:

I need my virtual hoops so I guess imma be beta testing
giphy (1).gif

You're good to me, DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

I am no way well-informed about the intricacies that go into making a videogame, and its limitations. You can only go so much of the tech you have to work on. I'm just basing it off of how I've played 2k ever since on the Dreamcast to now, casually.

Don't get me wrong, 2k revolutionized a lot of **** that I love but I'd also like to see them incorporate some old things they did before that put them on the map rather than ADD MORE MICROTRANSACTION ****.

I’m giving my ps4 to my son so I bought the mamba forever edition. He will have it and I will have it when I cop the ps5 later this year.

RIP Kobe Bryant RIP 24

Curious how them charging $10 more for the game on next gen is going to be justified, like the actual features they say makes it worth it.

Hear me out.

When a generation has about 2-3 years left in it's cycle, you aren't going to see much difference in Sports games. HIstorically, that is how it has always been. So you could have bought NBA 2K19 and been fine with not buying another 2K for PS4.

The hardware limitations have been maxed out at that point. It is time to move on.

That is why I have ALWAYS said, yall don't like hearing it, to taper expectations when it comes to the year to year change in these sports games. The incremental change will NEVER be enough.

If you look at the hardcore fanbases of all sports games with yearly releases, you see the same complaints. "It is just a roster update."

Not telling anyone to just shutup and be happy but these companies work much harder than most people are willing to acknowledge. Hell, some people just don't know nor do they care.

Lower expectations.
I skipped 2k19 and I actually enjoyed 2k20 for the first few months... Probably will wait for 2k22 on the ps5....

I see we still making excuses for 2k's lack of effort

these dudes **** with the dribbling and shot stick and act like they've done something

2K is only worried about cashing out stop cutting these dudes slack

They're worried about milking kids for VC money PERIOD.

actually improving the game and game modes is secondary

it would be nice if they would fill out the classic rosters with generic players that are somewhat comparable in ratings/skill sets to the players missing

the NCAA model without the somewhat close likeness. just anything better than 5 of the exact same 60 overall bench player

The devs have no control over the micro transactions. That's Take Two interactive and corporate making those decisions.
Exactly. Thanks for using reason.

Not sure why people think there is ONE group of people doing any/everything, but that will always be the case.

Hell some people still are discovering Ronnie wasn't working on the game for most of his time with 2K.

Saying The devs don't care is nonsense. As if they enjoy having people bad-mouth their product because their Big Wigs have decided to monetize any/everything.

Not sure why anyone would think they don't.

Last edited:
Why can’t they just make two different games? One is strictly sim and the other can be the microtransactions with the team card building bs.

Exactly. Thanks for using reason.

Not sure why people think there is ONE group of people doing any/everything, but that will always be the case.

Hell some people still are discovering Ronnie wasn't working on the game for most of his time with 2K.

Saying The devs don't care is nonsense. As if they enjoy having people bad-mouth their product because their Big Wigs have decided to monetize any/everything.

Not sure why anyone would think they don't.

2k’s dev team catches a lot of strays for things they have no control over.

Finally played the demo yesterday and its exactly what I expected, copy and paste :lol:

Excited to see what they do for the real 2k21 on next gen

Back
Top Bottom