OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

If we get the same park again I'm gonna be livid. I'm stuck on choosing a build this year. Had the Glass Lock C, and an Offensive Threat PG on Day 1 last year. I dont really wanna make a 2-way either.

If we get the same park again I'm gonna be livid. I'm stuck on choosing a build this year. Had the Glass Lock C, and an Offensive Threat PG on Day 1 last year. I dont really wanna make a 2-way either.

I'm going 6'5 shooting/playmaking at either PG or SG.

Going to be my Dlo build, or Booker...I'm not playing defense until next gen.

will be passing on 2k until the new consoles release

i just read that your mycareer stuff wont carry over ? yea thats dead i can wait a extra month or 2

Was hoping we’d at least see a handful of older Classic Teams this year, but just 2 of the most recent Championship teams are being added :ohwell:. I am happy the Raptors team is added, but both these teams probably took barely any/no work & money for 2K to add in.

Older 2k games were much simpler, and the fact that you can play at REALISTIC court locations (like Rucker Park, etc.) made the experience more fun. Imagine doing MyCareer and you get to travel to real-world venues like how Live 18-19 did... damn.

Now it’s just fantasy, corny 2k locations that look overdone and **** like Neon Night, wtf?! :rofl:

I really hope this move helps Live in more ways on next gen consoles cuz Live 19 was adequate enough despite the animations being weird and janky.

Not sure how licencing works for Outdoor Courts but I would imagine that being the reason 2K no longer has actual courts from various cities.

Not defending them, just stating that is honestly not going to move the needle to warrant the fees. Maybe for Live since they need the record sales but 2k is fine with or without The Rucker.

Again, not defending them.

There needs to be another basketball title on the market to push 2k to not be complacent.

I'm going to be playing 2k21 on current gen mainly because that's just one of things me and my college buddies do. We've had a pro-am team every year since 2k18. I would love for 2k to actually create their own Pro-am events the same way they do for park.

I’m sure by now 2k has the ability to afford licensing places, and what they could also do is feature other courts not known to everyone.

I just CAN’T with the current setup.

Besides, I’m moving on to next-gen and I hope this dude O’Gallagher brings enough juice to help resurrect Live

Personally I liked everything about the Last NBA Live except the gameplay....everything outside of the actual gameplay was better than what 2k put together.

I can't play 2k20 anymore...every game is the same. Lock fest, and a o-threat pg hopping around screens, or two-way slashing play hop stepping into the lane. It's boring.

I'm sure people will complain and they will make shooting incredibly easy AGAIN. But I'm holding out the 5% hope I have that Mike Wang sticks to his word and prevents low 3 ball players from banging 3's at a dumb clip.

I’m sure by now 2k has the ability to afford licensing places, and what they could also do is feature other courts not known to everyone.

I just CAN’T with the current setup.

Besides, I’m moving on to next-gen and I hope this dude O’Gallagher brings enough juice to help resurrect Live
I am not saying they can't AFFORD the other courts.

I am saying the COST of adding Real Courts isn't going to move the needle to justify the costs.

Because they can doesn't mean they should.

Nobody is going to buy 2K because actual Streetball courts are in the game vs. them not being in there.

:lol: You know why I am laughing at this right.

That is legit the most important thing when you pull back all the layers.

EXACTLY...it's harder to get gameplay down, a lot of fans of 2k care about the cosmetics more than how well their player plays. 2k could've added 50 new haircuts to current gen and these kids would've lost their mind....me personally I could care less about hair.

EXACTLY...it's harder to get gameplay down, a lot of fans of 2k care about the cosmetics more than how well their player plays. 2k could've added 50 new haircuts to current gen and these kids would've lost their mind....me personally I could care less about hair.
I am aware. I've been using the term #BarbieTalk for over a decade now.

Most reside on this forum. :lol:

Didn’t someone a decade ago leave 2k sports for ea and it produced nothing ? I wonder if we can play in the bubble lol .

Idk man.

I don’t like repetitive nonsense for $60 worth of roster updates, and since they’re charging EXTRA cuz of microtransactions and the special edition games, I’m sure COSTS to add new features (such as courts) shouldn’t be a problem for them

NBA 2K's Secrets to Success, the Rivalry With EA, and More: The Story of 2K Gameplay Director Mike Wang - IGN Unfiltered

I am aware. I've been using the term #BarbieTalk for over a decade now.

Most reside on this forum. :lol:

People try to build the cutest Myplayer possible it's weird...my player has looked the same since 2k18. I face scan, throw on the temp fade keep it moving

2k21 LOOKS like 2k20...but from the demo (I'm sure that will change) it doesn't play the same. Similar yes, but the exact same no. Player movement and collision is different, dribbling is way different, the shot stick is new. The shot contest system needs some work STILL.

The player body models have been adjusted as well...but of course if you just look at it then yes. It's the same game.

Also, fully expect 2K21 for Next-Gen to be a barebones version of the game.

I honestly might sit 2K21 out as a whole.

That first NBA game for the new system has traditionally been skippable.

NBA Live 96 (PS 1) taught me that.

Not sure how licencing works for Outdoor Courts but I would imagine that being the reason 2K no longer has actual courts from various cities.

Not defending them, just stating that is honestly not going to move the needle to warrant the fees. Maybe for Live since they need the record sales but 2k is fine with or without The Rucker.

once I saw 2K beach instead of Venice beach in the trailer I figured this

Next gen consoles are going to be a pain in the a** to even get your hands on without paying markup.

once I saw 2K beach instead of Venice beach in the trailer I figured this
How close to 2K Beach look like Venice?

Yea but I am trying to think who would they even be paying though.

THe jurisdiction?

It seems weird as hell.

Idk man.

I don’t like repetitive nonsense for $60 worth of roster updates, and since they’re charging EXTRA cuz of microtransactions and the special edition games, I’m sure COSTS to add new features (such as courts) shouldn’t be a problem for them

Hear me out.

When a generation has about 2-3 years left in it's cycle, you aren't going to see much difference in Sports games. HIstorically, that is how it has always been. So you could have bought NBA 2K19 and been fine with not buying another 2K for PS4.

The hardware limitations have been maxed out at that point. It is time to move on.

That is why I have ALWAYS said, yall don't like hearing it, to taper expectations when it comes to the year to year change in these sports games. The incremental change will NEVER be enough.

If you look at the hardcore fanbases of all sports games with yearly releases, you see the same complaints. "It is just a roster update."

Not telling anyone to just shutup and be happy but these companies work much harder than most people are willing to acknowledge. Hell, some people just don't know nor do they care.

Lower expectations.

Back
Top Bottom