OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

cool

sorry dc i dont play CPU vs CPU and watch computers go at it

i actually enjoy competition and get MY money worth

also because i am good at the game

also you dont need to play mycareer to get your created guy up but no need for me to go into detail

check out the warehouse challenges where you get 2x badge points

also if you trasdh at the game just say that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HIM
Thanks, but your initial thoughts were correct.

I have not played a single minute of MyPlayer/MyCareer since it was first introduced in the 2K series.

very interesting

so what do you play? i am asking nicely

all my friends i know that get 2k, buy 2k to play in the park/rec and Pro AM

none of my buddies care for MyTeam or the other modes they give us

maybe you can open my eyes to something new perhaps

I get my money's worth as well. Editing rosters and simming games is what I do.

I don't know how to gauge how "good" someone is because this game allows people that use exploits to be successful.

So a big part of being "good" in 2K comes down to animation manipulation.

I want no parts in that.

just about every sport game online comes down to animations manipulation.. its sad but is what it is

dont get me started in NHL, a game you havent prolly touched in some time if i had to guess

the "barbie" talk from you was always funny to me though

the "barbie" talk from you was always funny to me though

Yea, not sure if you remember but there WAS a time in which dudes that posted in 2K threads would talk about accessories just as much if not MORE than actual gameplay.

But this is Niketalk.

Yea, not sure if you remember but there WAS a time in which dudes that posted in 2K threads would talk about accessories just as much if not MORE than actual gameplay.

But this is Niketalk.

i remember those days its was always funny (sorry didnt mean that in a negative way)

i get on the game everyday and shake my head at people spending 30k VC for a MJ jersey, 10k VS for a durag, 12k VC for a damn chain

i enjoy your humor about the barbie talk

#NoBarbies

Sad that we have no idea what they are doing right now. They need to get their act together quick before people even forget NBA Live exists.

EA was on to something with The One mode in NBA Live.

Really enjoyed that it.

It's been said before but EA's should focus on bringing byke NBA Street.

Create a niche for themselves.

Serious question. Can I pull a Nino Brown fit in MyPlayer? I lowkey might be intrigued just to get this fit off

Pulling up like Steph in slacks, Stacey Adams and a gold rope :pimp:

Serious question. Can I pull a Nino Brown fit in MyPlayer? I lowkey might be intrigued just to get this fit off

Pulling up like Steph in slacks, Stacey Adams and a gold rope :pimp:

so to get your shirt off you have to reach Super Star 2 which is a long ways in that game.. im at that level now hence why my shirt is off in my clips

for ex i have 1100 park games and 300ish rec games played

i played a total of 5 mycareer games on 5mins to get my guy started

you start off at rookie - Pro - All star - Super stat - Elite and each one has 5 levels

I generally watch any video yall post in here from yalls games.

It just depends on the time.

But I get irritated with bad basketball, so I can't promise I will watch a lot. :lol:

appreciate that you actually take some time out and watch them although nothing spectacular i just try to get the thread going

2k21 Next gen really got off on the wrong foot with consumers.. it seems not many still have a new console and tbh next gen was nothing to wow us about

for me as a mycareer guy they added nothing new for our Rep Rewards, so like leveling up really has no meaning its just all show

if anyone was to goto twitch right now MAJORITY of streamers are on the old 2ks still and not next gen its sad

You picked a hell of an entry to get back into the series with :lol:

Game is BAD

HOnestly, dudes I know that aren't online like that reading reviews etc thoroughly enjoy the game.

Many of us have 2K Fatigue. (Reason why I skipped this year).

A lot of the issues we see aren't obvious to the untrained internet dude.

D34CC227-AA55-40C7-B819-8C3A9DB3C6C3.jpeg
5FC1578A-932C-4E00-9737-FE12ECBBAACD.jpeg

W % aint the best but most time im on with randoms

only game i play atm besides warzone which is also straight horrible meta right now

Is this that stupid "Pokemon Card" mode that disregards who the player is and just makes everybody a 90+?

yea thats the myteam mode with the fake *** cards

i dont have the patience for that mode

i wonder what OVR that kareem is + what badges he has that insane

so to get your shirt off you have to reach Super Star 2 which is a long ways in that game.. im at that level now hence why my shirt is off in my clips

You have to reach a certain level in MyPlayer just to be able to take your shirt off?

tenor.gif

Imagine having to do this in real life, some dudes in the NBA thread wouldn't be able to type.

You have to reach a certain level in MyPlayer just to be able to take your shirt off?

tenor.gif

Imagine having to do this in real life, some dudes in the NBA thread wouldn't be able to type.

in past years it used to be sooner but this time they made you really grind for it to be "exclusive"

sure could be dumb but i dont mind it i like being different than everyone.. once i hit SS 3 (currently at 80%, need 20 more %) i get to buy a suit for 5k VC LOL

they need better rewards and although WASHED KING WASHED KING dont play anymore im sure he can agree that 16 had the best rewards as far as leveling/progressing up goes

Great convo

Episode #370 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Derek (aka Dee4Three) and I are your hosts for this weekly podcast that’s all about basketball gaming.

After last week’s show, we were inspired to spend some more time with NBA Live 2001, and have a few more thoughts to share. A couple of options from the game also bring to mind suggestions for additional roster management functions and MyNBA settings. Our main discussion this week focuses on MyTEAM, specifically issues with overpowered cards. We note how it encourages NBA 2K’s pushy recurrent revenue mechanics, waters down the gameplay with an homogenised experience, and misrepresents NBA history. Notably, the issues also extend beyond MyTEAM into MyCAREER. In this week’s mailbag, we’re talking about Blacktop, as well as the idea of trash talking mechanics.

NLSC Podcast #370: MyTEAM Card Tricks | NLSC

Back
Top Bottom