OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

It can't be that hard for some Devs from Live, Shootout, Street, Inside Drive to create a game better than what 2K has become.
Extreme #NTExtremes

So much goes into developing a game that the common gamer thinks is so simple/easy.

If it were that easy, it would have been done by now man.

While 2K isn't the Basketball Simulation it once was, there is a LOT that they do well

Not really. The game is broken. It's not fun anymore or worth anyone's time really.
The gameplay is so frustrating and way too many canned animations. It honestly doesn't even look that much better either.

2k excels at extra content that has nothing to do with how the game actually plays on the court.

That said I'll probably still buy 22 like a clown, because there's no other options.

Like I said, if it were so easy for someone to come in and make a better game it would have been done by now.

The game has a lot of legacy issues / flaws and it caters to abusing exploits but it does a lot well. (Two things can be true)

But Cool, Yea we can agree to disagree on that.

The first possession here is realistic as hell. Great CPU offense.

The user doesn’t know what he’s doing, and is controlling Mo Williams, and loses fisher for a second as he cuts/floats the the corner. He has to recover and follow fisher to the opposite corner.

This clears up space for a Gasol post up. And Shaq leaves Bynum…who’s foul line extended to bump down and help/soft double.

Bynum then naturally cuts…but Gasol with his back turned and just getting the rock doesn’t hit Bynum…but Delonte leaves Kobe…and bumps down to tag Bynum, almost immediately.

Ron follows the cut through to clear up that side, and set a split action esque pick to free Kobe up in the process…and LeBron has to chase Ron through the paint.

Kobe slides over since he’s now wide open…But Gasol takes the iso turnaround.

**** like that is why this game was really good. They put a lot of time into sets/motion and real nba offense/defense.

The post shot frequency was OD. But the base they had was what basketball is about :smh:

Seeing those made me realize basketball game fluidity and mechanics haven't really improved much in 15 years.

The best video games were made 10-15 years ago. Word to NFL 2K5 & the 2K8 series. The college game is the best basketball game to this date. And the nba ones..up til 2017/2018 remarkable as well.

itsa tragedy what happened once EA did that **** sht w/ exclusive licensing. 2K made crazy strides, till they got comfortable and became them..and bowed to micro transactions, children and some mo **** :smh:

Seeing those made me realize basketball game fluidity and mechanics haven't really improved much in 15 years.
I have a difficult tine going back and playing anything before 2K16 because the footplanting in those games are basically non-existent. The ability to change lateral movement without any slowdown kills all immersion for me.

The first possession here is realistic as hell. Great CPU offense.

The user doesn’t know what he’s doing, and is controlling Mo Williams, and loses fisher for a second as he cuts/floats the the corner. He has to recover and follow fisher to the opposite corner.

This clears up space for a Gasol post up. And Shaq leaves Bynum…who’s foul line extended to bump down and help/soft double.

Bynum then naturally cuts…but Gasol with his back turned and just getting the rock doesn’t hit Bynum…but Delonte leaves Kobe…and bumps down to tag Bynum, almost immediately.

Ron follows the cut through to clear up that side, and set a split action esque pick to free Kobe up in the process…and LeBron has to chase Ron through the paint.

Kobe slides over since he’s now wide open…But Gasol takes the iso turnaround.

**** like that is why this game was really good. They put a lot of time into sets/motion and real nba offense/defense.

The post shot frequency was OD. But the base they had was what basketball is about :smh:

Dat atmosphere man. :pimp:

The crowd reacting in real time.

2K has not come anywhere close to replicating this. And Live 10 came out almost 12 years ago.

Isn't it about time for the 2k22 roll out?

want to say early September ?

it sounds about right but ima be honest i havent heard of anything regarding the game but i am also not really looking

MLB bene having my attention and i am loving every second of it

I dont understand why EA even tries with Live still. They dont have a chance of competing with 2K at this point. EA should just fall back and let 2K own the simulation basketball space and then bring back NBA Street to fill the arcade basketball void. People would flock to it just off nostalgia alone.

I dont understand why EA even tries with Live still. They dont have a chance of competing with 2K at this point. EA should just fall back and let 2K own the simulation basketball space and then bring back NBA Street to fill the arcade basketball void. People would flock to it just off nostalgia alone.

There hasn’t been a live in like 3 years? Has there even been news of a new one?

As long as you dweebs keep spending $200 per year on 2K to level up your avatars, I agree 2K WILL get worse.

It ain't even about actual basketball at this point.

2K is competiting with COD, Fortnite, and those other games.

Back
Top Bottom