OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

When did 5v5 become the preferred way to play 2K?

I sort of get the appeal but Idk how it can be enjoyable without a regular 5

When did 5v5 become the preferred way to play 2K?

I sort of get the appeal but Idk how it can be enjoyable without a regular 5

I’ve been a rec and pro-am almost exclusively player since 2k18.

I’d say Rec and pro-am really took off around 2k19-2k20 ish.

I’ve been playing with the same people since 2k18. We need some more people in the group now though. Been a lot of turnover and we want to play in some leagues in 2k24.

4E3BCCB2-0F95-4542-B68D-6B826DF39999.jpeg
95E1FA0E-B34C-4B77-AC3B-16D61F710927.png

1st game back inawhile. Got my 2 homies back on to play to get ready for new game SF/C i was with and myself the PG

I tried getting the 2 randos involved but they kept bricking which is only why i have 3 assist lol typical though

ILL ALWAYS message the guy im guarding esp if he quits mid game.. he replies i suck yet im the one who made him quit 🤣😂🤣😂

A lot of BUMS play 2k

Thought I would fire up 2k yesterday and play a rec game.

I played with some guys that were selling the whole game and passing back and forth to each other. They probably shot like 5-30 combined.

I ended up with 22 on 12 unassisted shots.

I'm done with 2k and I don't think I'll be purchasing 24.

I played with some guys that were selling the whole game and passing back and forth to each other. They probably shot like 5-30 combined.

i dont blame you one bit man - its VERY disheartening when you are giving it your all on defense and on offense by moving off ball, setting screens etc and you just got your randos not rewarding you at all no matter what

legit not much you can do once you get on a team like that

dont get me wrong i become the jerkoff if that ever happens and i have some time to waste.. ill just continue getting 3 seconds in the key and do everything to f my team over

i've played every sport game possible online that has team similar to 2k and this is by far the most toxic game to play

In Chel (NHL) its IMPOSSIBLE to skate zone to zone without losing the puck - you have to pass pretty much and play a team game
Fifa Pro CLubs - drop in with randos has plenty of passing and people playing correctly
MLB The SHow Coop - get some randoms who quit early but for the most part most will complete a 9inn game

2k is the only game where 1 GUY CAN COMPLETLY RUIN YOUR EXPIERENCE

Thats an interesting topic

Some good responses from other 2k players who arent in that lil 2k hush up circle

That 9-5 analogy is HORRIBLE

For what’s it’s worth myself and the guys I play with on Next Gen are looking for more adults to play with.

Everyone in the group is grown with jobs I’m pretty sure I’m the youngest at 27. I’m not going to act like we don’t sweat on the game, cause we do we like to win but we don’t play that goofy side to side bs and we try to make sure everyone eats.

We have a few guys with multiple builds so we can almost anything work as long as it can play defense and hit an open shot. We play zone on defense when we have 5, usually 2-3 or 3-2 depending on what the other team is trying to do on the other end.

I have a 90% win percentage in the rec this season and I think I have like 90 ish games played? With 17-5-5 splits between my PG and SF. Everyone we play with is in the double digits scoring with at least A assists per game.

Everyone eats, we lock up and have fun. We get on probably every other night now since 2k23 is basically dead but when 24 drops I know we will be back at it heavy.

Definitely want to get some runs in with xxpizzo xxpizzo when 24 drops though.

1648F2BF-DD24-4F3C-859E-06668290CA97.jpeg

That’s my record in the rec this season at the top.

Been slacking this season but everyone else below me still been at it.

Last edited:
To me The Rec is just a fun mode to play. I use to be a park player, but that design of the park and the way games are played started to irritate me.

With that being said, I think I will attempt to make a PG this year. I really want to see if I can dominate with a PG that is as short as you can make them and focuses mostly on defense/passing. If that doesn't work out for me, I'll go back to being a big man. lol

2k needs to add this animation for when you're playing with your arm-chair-e-hooping homeboy that messes up some fundamental ****.

IMG_7957.gif

hmm some of the features sound promising but like always need see and play with actual gameplay

EYE been no Meter gang for years but to see hem FINALLY put a % to it blows my mind

normally itll say "Gives a boost"

20% is HUGE.

Them changing the shot timing setting to a visual timing is huge too.

My personal favorite addition is players losing adrenaline when bumped.

GREEDY GREEDY ****ers man

i get you dont HAVE to buy it but WTF a battlepass in a sports game ? are we serious

$20 a season is WILDIN

its already $100 to max a build + you need VC for gatorade/boost

YIKES

Back
Top Bottom