OFFICIAL BCS National Championship Thread: #1 Oklahoma v #2 Florida 1/8 7:30 EST FOXHD

MVP

Supporter
Alright NFL Wild-Card week is over and the biggest game of the college football season is only 4 days away. This matchup on paper could be a classic andluckily I'll be in Miami to see it up close and personal. This is what everybody wanted Big 12 vs. SEC and even though there was some controversy as if theright Big 12 team got in this game, no doubt Oklahoma is out to prove that they belong in this game. Florida on the other hand is tired of hearing about howunstoppable OU's offense is and is eager to prove that defense wins championships, should be a great game. So many storylines to get to in this game: 2Heisman trophy QBs on the same field, 2 of the most prolific offenses in the country and 2 of the best coaches as well.

OU-Logo.PNG
vs.
Florida_Gators_logo.gif

sb.jpg
tim_tebow.jpg
ncf_i_stoops_300.jpg
bmeyer.jpg

stock_bcs_trophy.jpg

I will not be watching this worthless exhibition game. But I do hope the Sooners give the Gators the business.

[h1]CB Franks: Sooners will corral Tebow, Gators[/h1]
By Chris Low
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: January 4, 2009, 1:02 PM ET

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Oklahoma's defenders have had enough of all the questions about the Big 12's shaky defensive numbers thisseason.
They've also apparently had enough of the Tim Tebow talk. Oklahomasophomore cornerback Dominique Franks said during interviews with the media Sunday morning at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa that Tebow would havebeen no better than the fourth-best quarterback in the Big 12 this season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3809361#

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

Oklahoma's Dominique Franks said stepping up to the task this season of defending Big 12 quarterbacks was no easy chore.
"If you look at the three best quarterbacks in the country, they came from the Big 12," said Franks, referring to Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, Texas' Colt McCoy and Texas Tech's Graham Harrell. "The three best receivers in the country came from the Big 12. Thethree best tight ends came from the Big 12. So we've faced some great offenses, and a lot of people don't understand that other conferences don'thave what we face." Franks didn't stop there, either. He said the Heisman voters got it right this year in selecting Bradford for the coveted award,no doubt spicing up the prelude to Thursday's FedEx BCS National Championship Game. "With us being in Florida and playing against Florida,everybody's going to think Tebow should have won the Heisman," Franks said. "But the right person won the Heisman, and we're going to go outthere and show everybody the reason why he won it."

The Sooners are ranked 63rd nationally in total defense and 98th in pass defense. Franks and his defensive teammates grew increasingly agitated Sunday as thequestions persisted about Oklahoma's defense not being able to hold up against Tebow and the Florida offense. Franks said the best quarterbacks in the Big12 were more difficult to prepare for than Tebow, who's passed for 22 touchdowns, rushed for 10 touchdowns and thrown just two interceptions during theGators' nine-game winning streak."Going into a game and knowing a quarterback's going to throw the ball 40 times a game versus coming into a game and knowing he's probablyonly going to throw it about 15 or 20. ... It makes it a lot harder to prepare for those [Big 12] guys," Franks said. Oklahoma defensive tackle GeraldMcCoy added, "[Tebow] really knows what he's doing, but I think we're prepared enough that we'll know what they're
doing as well as they know it."
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation
Oklahoma defensive coordinator Brent Venables said he doesn't agree with all of Franks' comments. "I don't know, maybe it's just ayoung guy who doesn't know any better," Venables said. "He doesn't watch enough tape. I really mean that. But I think he's going to batfor a lot of guys who he has a lot of respect for." Venables said that some of Franks' comments might have been sparked by disparaging comments aboutBig 12 defenses this season. "Obviously, any time anybody doubts you if you have any competitive fire or competitive nature, you get fired up and excitedfor that. It gets you to perk up and sit up a little bit straighter in your chair," Venables said. "But still, being mad doesn't make you playbetter. It's still a process. "This week is no different than the Big 12 championship or UT-Chattanooga. I believe that whole-heartedly. There's aprocess you have to invest in. And if you do, usually good things will happen." Franks said he likes the fact that nobody respects the defenses of the Big12.

Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes said on Saturday it seemed they put most of the best athletes in the Big 12 on offense and that the defenses looked a stepslow. "We've heard it all year," Franks said. "Like I said, this is going to be our chance to prove everybody wrong." The Sooners'second-team All-Big 12 cornerback also said he was unconcerned about giving Tebow any extra motivation. Historically, Tebow has played some of his best gamesafter being called out by opposing players. "No, he said he wanted to face a Big 12 defense," countered Franks, who had four interceptions thisseason. "It's been great listening to all the comments they've been making. On January 8, we're going to see. Everybody is saying our defenseis suspect in the back end. Hopefully, he'll throw me the ball a couple of times, and I can get my hands on it." Chris Low covers SEC football forESPN.com. Information from ESPN.com's Tim Griffin was used in this report.

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This idiot aint learn from FSU??
smh.gif

Florida by 20+
I know right, don't really know what he was thinking? Last time somebody from OU ran their mouth about an opponent before a title game, Ibelieve the final score ended up being 55-19; like Tebow needs any more motivation going into this game, not a smart move at all.

If this game was played 3 weeks ago....I would have gone with okahoma cuz they just seemed so hot. But now I think florida is gonna pull it off

I want Oklahoma to win, although I don't think they have the D to pull it off.

Ahhh, +#%+ it, Oklahoma by 3.

Not like I'm putting money on it.

i want Oklahoma to win but only because i'm from there
smh.gif
at franks fortalking noise i'm gonna have to have a talk with my boy bout this

Back
Top Bottom