OFFICIAL BCS National Championship Thread: #1 Oklahoma v #2 Florida 1/8 7:30 EST FOXHD

What Franks said is the truth. Tebow is the 4th best QB if he were in the big 12. The Davey O' Brien Award for Best QB in the Nation featured the top 3 BigXII qb's. Sure if you want to talk about motivation and leadership about Tebow he would be moved up but if you are going by the stats he isn't thebest. Franks talk was just OU defending themselves after Spikes was talking heat all week about how OU offense is slow and how the SEC has the best runningbacks etc. ESPN turns everyone against OU but when Florida is talking you don't see them post that &*^$ on the headlines or on Sportcenter for a fullhour. The whole media perception of how Florida would win the Super Bowl (yes thats right) definitely motivates OU. You can't turn a headline withouteveryone saying how Florida is so almighty.

OU 42
Florida 17

With Florida scoring a late touchdown to make it a little closer.

Also, Harvin may not be 100 percent and Florida hasn't seen the hurry up offense like OU has in the SEC. Oklahoma is ready to go by the time UF'sdefenders will just be getting up.

OU 42
Florida 17

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Do you honestly believe the sooners have the defense to hold florida to 17points???

Also, All big XII qbs stats are super inflated with the HORRIBLE defenses they faced throughout the year... Look @ what Ole Miss did to TTECH.. When you playthe big XII tough, they fold like +%*#*$@.. They're used to picking apart them soft ##+ zone defenses

OU 42
Florida 17

Man you had some justifiable points in your rant about the media, but you lost all credibility with this....you can't be serious

[h1]Harvin: 'Cutting still feels awkward'[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: January 5, 2009, 1:08 PM ET

Florida star receiver Percy Harvin said he is 90 percent healthy Monday as theNo. 1 Gators prepared to face No. 2 Oklahoma on Thursday, nearly six weeks after he suffered a high ankle sprain against Florida State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3811267#
Charles Sonnenblick/Getty Images
Percy Harvin's status remains in question for Thursday's title game.
Harvin, who said he will not be tackled in practice this week before the FedEx BCS National Championship Game, began running routes and catching passeslast Tuesday.
It was his most work since injuring the ankle, which caused him to miss Florida's final game of the regular season, a 31-20 victory over then-No. 1Alabama in the SEC title game.

"Cutting still feels awkward," Harvin said at media day Monday.

Although Harvin hasn't practiced since the injury, coach Urban Meyer has called his do-it-all receiver probable for the title game.

"I think he's a little ahead of schedule," Meyer said last week.

Harvin, a junior expected to jump to the NFL after this season, has 35 receptions for 595 yards and seven touchdowns.
He also is fourth on the team inrushing, with 538 yards and nine scores. He has scored at least once in 14 consecutive games -- the longest streak in the nation -- and burned defenses whilelining up at receiver, running back and even quarterback

I got 15 grand on the gators... -3 Fla got too much speed.. They can only beat themselves And tebow has the heart of a lion.. Gators... 49 Sooners... 28

Originally Posted by thetruth03

I got 15 grand on the gators... -3 Fla got too much speed.. They can only beat themselves And tebow has the heart of a lion.. Gators... 49 Sooners... 28
OU just won with truth luck at betting. maybe a new year change things tho
roll.gif

LOL. I've been str8 feasting these past 3 months.. 30k in 3 months.. Mainly ridin wit gunna cfb picks.. I keep tellin that n' meet me in vegas.. Roomsat the venetian on me.. My dog don't ever show.. Smh Gators been $ ever since tebow went on that I promise rant.

LOL. I've been str8 feasting these past 3 months.. 30k in 3 months.. Mainly ridin wit gunna cfb picks.. I keep tellin that n' meet me in vegas.. Roomsat the venetian on me.. My dog don't ever show.. Smh Gators been $ ever since tebow went on that I promise rant.

Yea on the pats last year.. And 20k bettin on my home girl in the olympics smh.. Still mad about that My man went to tijuana this morning and bet 75k.. Cash..Gators are easy $.. I'm tellin u

To the posters who were criticizing my score prediction. In 2000, FSU was heavily favored against Number 1 Oklahoma saying there defense could not stopFSU's amazing offense and that OU had no chance because there defense sucked. They held FSU scoreless for 3 and 14/15 quarters. FSU scored on a safetybecause OU's long snapper snapped the ball over the punter's head and out of the end zone. The truth is though that why is it so absurd that OUcan't hold Florida's offense to 17 points but it isn't absurd that Florida can hold Oklahoma to 20 points like ya'll been suggesting? MaybeFlorida's defensive stats are inflated. The SEC (ESPN's Premier League) qb's have thrown many many interceptions. I dont think it is too hard tostop LSU's offense when you have the &*^&*iest first string QB in America starting. ALso, OU has seen the best passing attacks all yaer so Tebowthrowing hte ball isn't something out of the ordinary. Florida's defense needs to be worried about OU's hurry up offense. Not to mention that theresecondary is full of Freshman and Sophomores who are all under 6 feet. The game story will be determined by how OU's offensive line manages to give time toBradford. If he is given ample time OU will score in the high 50s to 60s. If OU's defensive front pressures Tebow, Florida won't score more than 28points.

Spikes: The best athletes in the Big 12 don't play defense
......................... ......................... ......................... ......................... ............

"The more athletic player, he's mostly on offense in the Big 12. That's the way I look at it."

But in the SEC, Spikes said, the best athletes are split between offense and defense.

"They could probably go over to the offense, play a little slot, play a little tight end," Spikes said, referring to players like DE JermaineCunningham or any of the speedy cornerbacks. "It will be different for (Oklahoma) when they see the speed of our defense and our athletic abilities."

Where is ESPN posting this garbage on their front page?

and what about this?

Not 30 minutes later, Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes walked into the same interview room, and was asked if OU's running backs matched up with thoseSpikes had faced in the SEC.

"A little bit," he answered. "But not too much."

So SEC backs have been better?

"Absolutely," Spikes said. "By far."

Jermaine Gresham is going to make Spikes night a living nightmare. Spikes hasn't seen a blocking pass catching tight end like Gresham (Todd McShay has himprojected 11th in his Mock Draft). Sending Gresham downfield will move Spikes off the line of scrimmage and also it will open up more running lanes, and passcatching lanes for OU.

BOOMER SOONER

Oklahoma has about the best OL in the country... Bradford is gonna have all day to pick apart that defense, just like he has all season long...

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Yea on the pats last year..

And 20k bettin on my home girl in the olympics smh.. Still mad about that

My man went to tijuana this morning and bet 75k.. Cash..

Gators are easy $.. I'm tellin u

I hope so....for your sake.

I'm just now hearing how Tebow said he couldnt wait to face one of the big 12s soft defenses
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

I'm just now hearing how Tebow said he couldnt wait to face one of the big 12s soft defenses
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

ya and i love how ESPN over look that but keep yacking about the OU CB talking

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Gresham is gonna go off, it seems like dude is always open down
the field for big plays.

45-31 OU

Where's USAbasketball... _ tryna go M.I.A til the game is over just in case

Back
Top Bottom