*Official BIG K.R.I.T.***New Album***:: "KRIT IZ HERE" OUT JULY 12 2019!! "KRIT HERE" OUT NOW!!!

I don't think Pay Attention was a good choice for a single, it doesn't stand out that much. I think Saturdays would have been a better choice, it has a mainstream appeal

When it comes to KRIT....he just doesn't have the right backing behind him to do well. He's not a mainstream artist. His sound is dope......he's one of the best doing it now IMO. But he doesn't have mainstream appeal. He's like a southern Kendrick to me which goes back to me wondering if Kendrick would be Kendrick without Jimmy and Dre co-sign.

But KRIT.....he's Killer Mike. He's Talib Kweli. He's Nipsey Hussle. There's a handful of artists selling or atleast going Gold....and he's not one of them. 99% of hip hop ain't either.

Its all good. Atleast KRIT can come to your city and sell out.

Album was decent. Nothing he's done is better than KRIT Was Here, to me.
He one of those artists that if you listen to, you will enjoy, but you can take him or leave em.
I gave Cadillactica 7/10

Last edited:
_'s ain't selling records nowadays period. Then you add in the fact that Krit ain't on this ratchet, turn up, molly ****. He makes southern soul hip hop. That's not appealing to females or that many young dudes.

_'s ain't selling records nowadays period. Then you add in the fact that Krit ain't on this ratchet, turn up, molly ****. He makes southern soul hip hop. That's not appealing to females or that many young dudes.

Don't know about everyone else, but females love KRIT in the south and don't mind going out and buying the album.

Don't know about everyone else, but females love KRIT in the south and don't mind going out and buying the album.

Oddly enough, I saw a handful of females with this album at Best Buy the Wednesday after it came out :lol:. I see what he means though

GKMC is a classic. This, eh, not on par imo. Solid but I cant call this classic. Krit the type of artist to have one in him tho.

Finish my first listen; really enjoyed the album.
pimp.gif

I feel like this album just needed a few changes for it to be a potential classic.

1. different features on Mind Control (8Ball & MJG or even Curren$y & Smoke DZA would have been better features)

2. I loved the beat and melodies on "Angels" but I wasn't really feeling the whole "i think angels get high" thing or the concept of the song at all really

3. I feel like the latter half of the album needed another upbeat aggressive type song

Other than that this album was really good

After listening to it a couple times, this album has great potential to be a classic. Still need to vibe to it more though. But hands down album of the year so far.

Decent album. Aint no classic tho. See me on top 4 still gettin more spins than this. Love krit tho and it hurts to see his sales cuz I can tell his heart is literally on EVERY track....smh. I think its the lack of major cosign. Hes not a minion to a head honcho like wale to ross. Hes not a buddy buddy with nobody like Drake was to Wayne. Hes not like Kdot and Dre. He doesnt really have a frequent collaborator like Spitta and Wiz are. Hes just solo, plus coming from the south and tryna spit rhymes with content, I think that hurts him on a large scale level, but appeals to ppl/fans like us.

I feel like this album just needed a few changes for it to be a potential classic.

1. different features on Mind Control (8Ball & MJG or even Curren$y & Smoke DZA would have been better features)

2. I loved the beat and melodies on "Angels" but I wasn't really feeling the whole "i think angels get high" thing or the concept of the song at all really

3. I feel like the latter half of the album needed another upbeat aggressive type song

I think this is what makes the bonus version so good.

Right after you have the 4 song slow down....then you get saturdays and lost generation...then you get hit right in the face by Mt. Olympus.  Then slow down with lac lac and then let it show is more of a banger.

I would also like to reiterate what was said earlier in this thread.  This album in any normal headphones does it no justice.  When people say they hate my sub 3 i am like you must not be playing that song in your car.  That song is fantastic.

Last edited:
I finally had to the chance to fully listen to the album. It was solid, some tracks that could have been left out but overall it was great.

I agree with every single point you made. Wiz Khalifa did that dope song no justice, Krit needed a different dude on that. One too many slow songs on this album, and I agree the angels hook is corny.

This album is missing one or two Krit bangers on it. A song like Do You Love Me could have been replaced by a banger.

Maybe it's me, but Cadillactica wasn't all that impressive. The lack of samples used, or the ones he did use were just duds compared to what he's blessed us with in the past.

Sounded more like an old UGK album than anything else. That's not a bad thing, but it's certainly not something I haven't heard before.

Back
Top Bottom