Did DSP meet your expectations

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Barred him up viciously. But I'm sleep.

Perception is everything and how well you can sell a narrative and that's Sean's weak point.

Here's my thinking on Sean:

You're right, perception is everything and the biggest hit that he's been trying to overcome his entire career, is that there's no narrative to him. No real tangible story. Comeback Season, So Far Gone, The Warm Up, Section 80, a lot of the music that made his contemporaries popular had an underground aesthetic to them, THEN Lil Wayne, Dr. Dre, Hov, etc. came into the picture.

With Sean it's different. He was discovered solely as a talent, as Kanye's act, and that's it. There's no grassroots feel to Big Sean so when he drops "Bull****tin' " or "***" or "My Last" that's what the general consensus on him will be because that's what we know him from. Cole, Drake, and Kendrick and Future don't have those issues because they solidified their fanbase before they went mainstream. Big Sean didn't and he's been fighting an uphill battle in that regard ever since.

It's hard to shake that perception because we only know him for his singles since we were introduced to Sean through his singles.

I mess with it. Idk what it is about A$AP Ferg. I don't think he's nice but he has a lot of stuff I like.

Big Sean x Funk Flex

Floated :pimp:

Haven't really felt any of the songs from this rollout yet, but I'm still looking forward to the album.

big sean reused his bar from 'champions' on 'bezerk' :sick: :smh:

"Kill 'em one by one, Final Destination"

Back
Top Bottom