Official Bitcoin Thread

You can convert ETH > SOL and ERC20 USDC > SPL USDC using Sollet and MetaMask.

I think you'll need to convert some ETH > SOL first because it doesn't require any gas on the Solana side. Then once you have your SOL you can convert the ERC20 USDC since you now have some SOL for gas.
I think the struggle I had was because I used the chrome extension instead which is a different wallet apparently. Gonna switch to mobile and try this

Do I need a sol balance to start the conversion? Has anyone done this before with sollet? I don’t want to burn eth sending it to my metamask if it’s going to not work.

Do I need a sol balance to start the conversion? Has anyone done this before with sollet? I don’t want to burn eth sending it to my metamask if it’s going to not work.
I haven't done it but the way the docs are worded it seems like you don't need SOL to convert ETH > SOL but you do need SOL to convert ERC20 > SPL... I hear you on wanting concrete clarification though, paying ETH gas eats me alive :lol:.

Hopefully someone on Twitter can answer that for me lol I like this ray chart and think it can be a runner over 5.42

edit: my friends cousin said he was able to do without any sol in the wallet. Now let’s see if Coinbase or Gemini will clear my eth for withdrawal lol

When dealing with the Sollet wallet you HAVE to have SOL in it . Its diff from other wallets. SOL is gas so lets say if you want to open wallets within it like if you want to send SRM or RAY or FIDA you need to pay gas to open /create the wallet. Gas is nothing really. I would say send about $10 worth of SOL to Sollet and that would last you a verrrry long time

this morning, i watched some of this. i’m guessing that most tech guys are not good at marketing. some interesting goals for sure. i don’t know a single person that has used crypto to buy something. i might buy some doge just so i can use it to buy an ice cream with the SPEDN app.

F8C1B32F-A08A-4446-8BEE-26528273293D.jpeg

When dealing with the Sollet wallet you HAVE to have SOL in it . Its diff from other wallets. SOL is gas so lets say if you want to open wallets within it like if you want to send SRM or RAY or FIDA you need to pay gas to open /create the wallet. Gas is nothing really. I would say send about $10 worth of SOL to Sollet and that would last you a verrrry long time
Bleh problem is I can’t get my hands on solana until it’s listed by Coinbase or Gemini. Hopefully Ray doesn’t run by then. R/r is good here for a trade

this morning, i watched some of this. i’m guessing that most tech guys are not good at marketing. some interesting goals for sure. i don’t know a single person that has used crypto to buy something. i might buy some doge just so i can use it to buy an ice cream with the SPEDN app.

F8C1B32F-A08A-4446-8BEE-26528273293D.jpeg
I sold some corn to pay for my air conditioning but I had to go through Gemini to do that. With flexa, the beauty is I can transact w my crypto but you the merchant can receive fiat or whatever currency you want instead and amp stakers settle the transaction immediately at the point of sale and eventually flexa will charge fees and that will go into market buys of amp to pay the staked. It’s a beautiful flywheel in effect

First timers don’t know any better. We’re going to pull back here, bitcoin can’t clear the 200 day, eth failed at the 21, we clear those two pivots it’s going to cascade higher. I’m eying a pull back to add more, or a break through to average up if needed. Would use more size on the pull back than the breakout.

I don’t even look at charts with crypto but I guess eth and btc would be a little more accurate than some of these coins.

I’m hoping they at least maintain this level all summer so I can grab some before it blasts off.

people going back to work and unemployment ending in sept might tank it.

I don’t even look at charts with crypto but I guess eth and btc would be a little more accurate than some of these coins.

I’m hoping they at least maintain this level all summer so I can grab some before it blasts off.

people going back to work and unemployment ending in sept might tank it.
Charts only work until they don’t work in crypto. You try to play a bounce in a bear market and you’ll just bleed money. But this field is slowly being infiltrated by suits so charting will eventually become a self fulfilling prophecy. Reality is, we came off the lows too hot and a pull back is healthy and what you want to see (or consolidation) before the next move higher. I’m bidding 2555 for a tiny piece of eth and 2100 for more. I wanted to buy some solana but unless Coinbase lists it soon I’ll probably be s o l 😂

New to all of this, been investing in BTC, ETH but moving it to ETH2 for that 6%, and ANKR, all through Coinbase. Wanted to get into DOGE for a small amount but Coinbase hatin

Yeah with the big coins charts will be a thing but with the smaller stuff I doubt it. Wsb and what not will give you better predictions. :lol:

You’re going to have to leave nyc dude :lol: you guys can’t stake there either right?

You can get doge on Gemini and then lend it out for some yield. Everyone here should have accounts with Coinbase and Gemini and if you’re allowed ftx. When **** gets ugly you want to be able to place orders somewhere
Have you seen the Gemini app? Try it using my code and we'll each get $10 USD of Bitcoin.
https://gemini.com/share/ujbir9

They might shake the tree once more before new highs. Big money wants to build boats. Right now they might be trying to trap longs and then flush them out again. Keep that in mind. Always want to have powder. Dca is so important.

Yeah with the big coins charts will be a thing but with the smaller stuff I doubt it. Wsb and what not will give you better predictions. :lol:

You’re going to have to leave nyc dude :lol: you guys can’t stake there either right?
Nah New York is trash with crypto but whatever. I can always yield farm when gas comes down.

Alts all follow bitcoin anyway so tbh you should just watch bitcoin and when that sells off, expect your alt to tank 50-80% and just set puke bids.

Exactly

we’re on the verge of something major

we probably get dumped on first

but the richest people in the world are in now jumping on our bags: tom Brady, Mark Cuban, Icahn, dalio, musk, crypto is being legitimized and will become common place, not just a niche for weirdos online or a place to fomo gamble.

but they probably dump on us first to take your coins.

Back
Top Bottom