Official Bitcoin Thread

Can someone explain defi?

Sorry for the questions, and I know I can google these things but I find NT kers explain certain things better

Literally at work today thinking abt doing the same thing, have a couple thousands in DS heat just sitting, i can sell all and put it towards something
Decentralized finance. We’re the bank. We’re the customer. Lend out your $, or loan some $. Difference is we get all the profits. You can get 8-10% on your cash without searching too hard. Seeing the profits you can make, let’s you know how bad the banks Are screwing us, giving us 0.1% “high yield savings account”.

Im 25% bit, 50 %eth,25% alt. I own Bit cus of its scarcity and name recogition. Its the og. But Eth the future. It has more use cases and the 2nd highest name recogition. Alt is lotto.

how much in dollars tho :nerd:
Cant hear you. Tha money in the way...
images.jpeg

I just don’t see btc being as big a player in the future is why I’m not buying it. I’m not anti btc or anything or think it’s too expensive. If it goes to a mil who cares the price now?

I just feel like it will get overtaken eventually since btc is just btc. Eth is actively making it better.

btc is ask Jeeves and eth is google to me.
So your take is 100% and understandable and I don’t disagree. I was an eth maxi from 2018- March 2020. Then I flipped all of my eth into btc which in hindsight cost me money but I’m not mad because bitcoin is the settlement global layer for institutions and economies (it’ll happen). Central banks will own it one day. Also, taproot makes it possible for btc to offer smart contracts. It’s not feasible yet due to scaling, but who’s to say it won’t some day? Own both is my motto, pick whichever you like more and make that your bigger weight, but exposure to both is important.

checking the gainers today and i should have held onto my rune when i bought at $3.60 lol. i knew it would recover from the hacks but damn…that was quick. it’s at $11 today and i bet it’ll be one of the standouts this run.

I also view eth as the settlement layer and OS for crypto si def think big positions are necessary.

I was talking to fap on Patreon about sifchain. Really nice being able to do that. I like the project but am not crazy about it not being approved in the US. Wonder what the plan is for em

i’m pretty sure they’re (sif) doing that to skirt regulations and i didn’t see any plans to open it up. not sure if that’s gonna work long-term but i’m in for at least until IBC (soon), EVM, and margin trading up and running.

i saw on telegram that someone got through on the ICO from the US and they refunded his money and let him keep the coins. i hope he bought a huge bag.

anyway, i got a small bag in at .20 and i’m confident it’ll do well enough for me to take profits this year and let the rest ride long-term. hoping it emulates the success of thorchain (or more haha).

Defi is the future (and the present).

Someone in here said it before... in a few of years the last thing you’re gonna be considering is taking your money out of defi to convert to USD.

not sure if anyone else needs confirmation that fapmasterjr fapmasterjr ’s patreon is worth the paltry fee (lowest amount possible), i’m already up a few thousand in gains just from one of his tips if i cashed out right now. this is not accounting for the defi tips that could help anyone make big passive income gains. dude is def doing it to help others make money, not to get rich 🤑 😂

Defi is the future (and the present).

Someone in here said it before... in a few of years the last thing you’re gonna be considering is taking your money out of defi to convert to USD.
Institutions will use defi on the backend in time. Listen to the bankless podcast episode from a month or two ago with Robert Lehsner from compound. Institutions are asking for kyc protocols that they can invest in. Matter of time.

Institutions will use defi on the backend in time. Listen to the bankless podcast episode from a month or two ago with Robert Lehsner from compound. Institutions are asking for kyc protocols that they can invest in. Matter of time.

As an individual peon how’s the best way to capitalize on this without spending a ton of time. Just get more bitcoin and ethereum? Or is there some other easy to invest in asset. Missed the boat on investing in these stupid Apes.

not sure if anyone else needs confirmation that fapmasterjr fapmasterjr ’s patreon is worth the paltry fee (lowest amount possible), i’m already up a few thousand in gains just from one of his tips if i cashed out right now. this is not accounting for the defi tips that could help anyone make big passive income gains. dude is def doing it to help others make money, not to get rich 🤑 😂

once I’m laid off again i’m gonna be hitting you guys up when I got time to get into the alt game like you guys. :pimp:

As an individual peon how’s the best way to capitalize on this without spending a ton of time. Just get more bitcoin and ethereum? Or is there some other easy to invest in asset. Missed the boat on investing in these stupid Apes.
Bitcoin, eth and if you want broad exposure to defi as a whole, DPI which is basically a crypto ETF that gives you exposure to defi coins. I’d also add link as well.

Back
Top Bottom