Official Bitcoin Thread

Yeah I wouldn’t short ADA.

oh look another Layer1 AVAX Avalanche pumping…there are big gains to be made out here. It’s eassssy

just sorted my portfolio via 7day .....ohh what a week!!! Congratz to Patreons who have been following! Let's keep eating!!

2021-08-22 20_28_40-My Portfolio - CoinGecko.png

How many exchanges do I need to download/use to actually make gains? If it's not in Gemini, Coinbase or Kucoin already, kind of not wanting to keep opening more and more exchanges. Metamask offer access to these coins? Gas fees are horrible but if the potential is there, id be more willing to pay it. fapmasterjr fapmasterjr

How many exchanges do I need to download/use to actually make gains? If it's not in Gemini, Coinbase or Kucoin already, kind of not wanting to keep opening more and more exchanges. Metamask offer access to these coins? Gas fees are horrible but if the potential is there, id be more willing to pay it. fapmasterjr fapmasterjr
Gemini and Coinbase, then go west with the different DEXes, bridges and networks. Uniswap.org, app.sushi.com are the popular DEXes on the eth mainnet. If you want cheaper fees you have to bridge to polygon or optimism.

Gemini and Coinbase, then go west with the different DEXes, bridges and networks. Uniswap.org, app.sushi.com are the popular DEXes on the eth mainnet. If you want cheaper fees you have to bridge to polygon or optimism.
I get the DEXs and how they work. I understand MetaMask uses them when I try to buy ID, or am i misunderstanding? You mention bridges and networks, would I not just use Sushiswap to purchase unlisted coins? What am I missing here? Sorry, I feel like a 5 yr old trying to catch up to yall. Dont even know what I dont know.

in metamask, there is an option to configure what network you want to connect to. default is ethereum network. you can also change it to connect to matic, binance smart chain, and others that have cheaper fees but might not support the coin you want to purchase. if you use sushi and uni for larger purchases, consider using mistx.io to access these pools and avoid front-running/sandwich bots.

in metamask, there is an option to configure what network you want to connect to. default is ethereum network. you can also change it to connect to matic, binance smart chain, and others that have cheaper fees but might not support the coin you want to purchase. if you use sushi and uni for larger purchases, consider using mistx.io to access these pools and avoid front-running/sandwich bots.
This seems like the type of valuable information that I dont even realize how valuable it is right now. Appreciate the help! :pimp:

This seems like the type of valuable information that I dont even realize how valuable it is right now. Appreciate the help! :pimp:
the veterans like JRS and others are super helpful. they hand out info that can make people lots of money if you combine it with extensive personal research. shouts to all the vets of this thread for making NT richer.

You could also stake 100 eden, set up their network to avoid front running. Sushi uses them automatically I think. If all you’re looking for is a quick way to buy an erc20 uni or sushi is fine on the eth mainnet.

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-23/el-salvador-readies-bitcoin-rollout-with-200-atms-for-conversion

What are everyone's thoughts on this.?

Now that it appears to actually be happening, there's a few things I still don't understand...

Given crypto's volatility, how will the "exchange rate" be regulated?(for lack of a better word)

For example... My Tia Patty sends .5btc @$25k to my Tio Juan... When Tio goes to cash out the .5BTC, two days later(don't ask why he waited two days :lol: ) it is now worth $27k. I think the logical thing would be that the exchange rate remains the same at whatever it was priced at during the submittal($25k). Right ? :nerd:

But now surely there will be fee to convert the BTC to FIAT. Doesn't that just completely defeat the purpose of sending crypto rather than fiat in the first place.?

Let's say Tio Juan doesn't want to pay the fee and just keeps that halfie chilling in his wallet. Let's say he wishes to just pay with crypto directly at merchants that support crypto payments..

Does that .5BTC just fluctuate in real time with the market value..? Could Tio Juan see his .5BTC balloon to $30k one minute and then potentially come crashing down to $15k by the time hes ready to cop a new Suzuki.?

Im really curious to see how this unfolds as they continue to roll it out...

Best believe I'm sending my primo something to his Chivo account once it's official. :pimp:
Can't wait.!

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-23/el-salvador-readies-bitcoin-rollout-with-200-atms-for-conversion

What are everyone's thoughts on this.?

Now that it appears to actually be happening, there's a few things I still don't understand...

Given crypto's volatility, how will the "exchange rate" be regulated?(for lack of a better word)

For example... My Tia Patty sends .5btc @$25k to my Tio Juan... When Tio goes to cash out the .5BTC, two days later(don't ask why he waited two days :lol: ) it is now worth $27k. I think the logical thing would be that the exchange rate remains the same at whatever it was priced at during the submittal($25k). Right ? :nerd:

But now surely there will be fee to convert the BTC to FIAT. Doesn't that just completely defeat the purpose of sending crypto rather than fiat in the first place.?

Let's say Tio Juan doesn't want to pay the fee and just keeps that halfie chilling in his wallet. Let's say he wishes to just pay with crypto directly at merchants that support crypto payments..

Does that .5BTC just fluctuate in real time with the market value..? Could Tio Juan see his .5BTC balloon to $30k one minute and then potentially come crashing down to $15k by the time hes ready to cop a new Suzuki.?

Im really curious to see how this unfolds as they continue to roll it out...

Best believe I'm sending my primo something to his Chivo account once it's official. :pimp:
Can't wait.!
Price changes in real time at market value. You buy 0.5 btc, and it tripled in value, It’s still 0.5btc

Back
Top Bottom