Official Bitcoin Thread

i forget who it was that gave some pretty good advice. they use a separate chromebook just to do crypto with important bookmarks and plug-ins ready to go. when they grab that comp, they find a good spot to conduct their work with no distractions.

i use my phone and work comp for everything. the work comp has a vpn and chrome with the important plug-ins. unfortunately, i do swaps when i’m driving, i transfer coins with my son and daughter climbing all over me - pretty foolish way of doing things but no mistakes yet. yet.

now that the portfolio has grown, i have enough in there that if i lost all of it, i would actually be pretty pissed. i’m looking into buying a ledger nano or something like that to help with security.

i also use the everwallet to store most of my ID tokens and will move more erc20s when they get out of alpha and have it more polished.

The guys i know with a lot of bread in crypto do some/all of the following....

- Dedicated laptop/desktop
- Dedicated encrypted e-mail addresses for each exchange account
- Dedicated smart phone for authenticator
- VPN always
- Change passwords periodically
- Paper back ups for all passwords / seed phrases etc.

Got impatient and bought some BTC at $47.5k earlier today…

1631089453891.gif

Whatever, just stock up while it’s cheap.

f the sec, they can’t stand to see a regular person make money.

we’ve all seen this before whether it’s amc/gme or crypto.

also El Salvador bought the dip. :lol:

Last edited:

Solana is for regular people, ether is for institutions. I can do a weekly dca into the usdc solend pool to earn 16% and not be affected by fees. If I try to deposit into aave on mainnet, I’m losing money year one thanks to gas.

ease of use > roll ups/scaling solutions. Average person can’t figure out how to change networks and bridge. **** needs to be simplified on eth in order to attract new users.

Proof of work more than fiat dollars :rofl:

Yes I meant worth. Btc is worth much much more on a year to year basis. 401k growing at a snail's pace because you're supposed to leave money in a fund some one else manages and makes fees off of and you can't touch it till you're almost outta here.

Proof of work more than fiat dollars :rofl:

Yes I meant worth. Btc is worth much much more on a year to year basis. 401k growing at a snail's pace because you're supposed to leave money in a fund some one else manages and makes fees off of and you can't touch it till you're almost outta here.

thats what im thinking man

to the point im thinking about eating the fees associated with a withdrawl just to jump the remaining balance into btc

thinking withdrawl or loan

- VPN always
Air gapped computer

There’s a lot of tax advantages with 401ks and retirement plans. I don’t think it’s smart to put all your eggs in one basket but that’s just my opinion. If your conviction is high, do what you want to do idk lol.

I have a retirement and an annuity at my job. I’ve taken out probably half of the annuity’s value since the stock market crash in 2020 to invest in stocks and crypto. For me, this works very well because I pay myself back the interest that I would’ve earned so I’m not dealing with any penalties or money lost. I’m basically pulling forward my future earnings to invest while DCA’ing back into my retirement as opposed to DCA’ing into investments that are appreciating faster than the 7% my annuity gives me.

I plan on starting into USDC deposits on solend. Maybe something small a week since it’s 16% interest and creating a crypto savings account. Anyone use solend or any of Solana’s defi products?

The SOL coins didn't even stay low for long at all. Couldn't buy any dips. Shows that the demand is high and it's not following BTC.

Every thing else is tethered to BTC.

I imagine there were a lot of longs that just got liquidated.
Everything is tethered to BTC until it's not

- VPN always

3 out of 6 ain't bad.

There are also crypto ira's but I'm not too sure with the SEC boys about. I've heard of platforms with promising crypto IRA's and annuities backdown due to SEC lawsuit pressure and regulatory uncertainty.

me being in ny i can't participate in the crypto ira's

already checked

just looking at my options, early in 401k so dont have crazy amounts invested but enough to make a move and capitalize

Of you're early do better just letting what you got there sit. As others have mentioned the tax advantages plus you're limited as a NY resident. Other option for you would be get into a dex and accumulate.

Back
Top Bottom