Official Bitcoin Thread

Wym

Why cant i move stuff, im talking abt having all my cryptos moved to the ledger off these plats, i dont have anything on gemini

All the preceding post were specifically about Celsius I assumed you were talking about funds held on the platform.

A lot of wish we could move our funds right now but we can’t. 😞

Pride. They really led people on and couldn't bear to see Nexo buy them out. They would of rather the whole ship go down. It's a lot of people who have 6 or 7 figures on there that may never see their tokens or that money again unfortunately. It's sad man and they'll have to live with the pain when we melt up again and go even higher than last time. Imagine losing high 7 figures or even potentially 8.

I feel for your man. Celsius people are gonna have to pray for a miracle.
Bro this is like a 20 year friend for me. He actually bailed me out a couple weeks back as I was close to facing a liquidation on Nexo.

All this **** hurts. I can't front as much as I love Crypto and the lessons it's taught me, I have serious considerations about leaving the space.

I'm sure I sound very paper handish right now but it's incredible how many scammers have come to light in 2022. This market is based on extreme speculation.

With the ridiculous number of people that have been burned in just the the last 90 days I don't see how wide spread adoption is anywhere close to ready.

Not for nothing as recently as last week I read a suicide story from someone impacted by Terra. We really have no idea how big the fallout from Celsius will be. Let's not forget at the top of the year Celsius was basically one of the top 5 crypto "banks".

Bro this is like a 20 year friend for me. He actually bailed me out a couple weeks back as I was close to facing a liquidation on Nexo.

All this **** hurts. I can't front as much as I love Crypto and the lessons it's taught me, I have serious considerations about leaving the space.

I'm sure I sound very paper handish right now but it's incredible how many scammers have come to light in 2022. This market is based on extreme speculation.

With the ridiculous number of people that have been burned in just the the last 90 days I don't see how wide spread adoption is anywhere close to ready.

Not for nothing as recently as last week I read a suicide story from someone impacted by Terra. We really have no idea how big the fallout from Celsius will be. Let's not forget at the top of the year Celsius was basically one of the top 5 crypto "banks".

I definitely hate to hear that **** for you and especially your friend. Im definitely down bad due to crypto, numbers nowhere near as big as what your friend is experiencing but into comparison of my net worth it’s definitely significant. But I take full responsibility on not being smarter as well as over investing. I too have had similar thoughts on how does mass adoption happen after all of this? But Im still relatively new to this space. A lot changed in the past year, and I got faith that more will change with the next year or two. But I definitely learned a lot about money as well as myself after my first year in the crypto space and Im appreciative of that nonetheless.

**** still sucks tho! :angry:

Only way mass adoption happens is with regulations. Some people aren't gonna like it, but whatever.

Here we go again. Just like with Terra.

I'm beginning to think people calling for 12K BTC is like people calling for a blow off top last year.

Sounds like the Internet in the early days. Dot Com bubble was due to speculation and when the bubble burst it flushed out the nonesense and the cream rose to the top with the likes of Amazon and Google.
When it comes to scams, I think to myself, how much scams has the Internet enabled compared to life before the internet. You can now get scammed from anywhere in the world now but the positives of having the internet far outweigh the negatives.

Crypto for me is on the same trajectory. Lots of speculation but Daily active users for the big L1s are increasing. It went from being some underground tech to something that Governments cannot ignore. The tech and usecase are solid so my conviction is very high.

Biggest lesson for me is not taking profits when we're in a bull market. I was looking for big wins instead of taking smaller incremental wins. I don't even know how to do TA so it's too risky not to take profits with something as volatile as crypto.

celsius files for chapt 11. there goes my $25 in btc 🫡

any nt bros losing their funds?

Had 0.2 something ETH on there. It was $800 at one point. Took the transaction out of my Delta app. Don't expect to see it back but its still annoying how the Celsius app sends you notifications of your interest rewards every week. Just rubbing salt in the wounds.

Couple crypto stories from the last couple days:

One of my clients was talking to me about his situation and he sounds suicidal. Basically he borrowed money from his side landscaping business and borrowed about 100k from his wife who thought the money was going towards their home remodel…..and just blew it all on crypto. That money is ZERO now. He was saying “my wife keeps asking me WHERE IS THE MONEYYYYYYY” and he hasn’t figured out how to tell her. He has 3 kids and a mortgage and he was saying he doesn’t see the point in living if he loses his kids, his wife, and is homeless 😢 😢 😢. All I could do is tell him that there’s lots of options blah blah but he ain’t in the right headspace to be getting cheered up by me.

Other story: 2 days ago I had a meeting with my financial advisor. I’ve never brought up any crypto investments until now because it was always throw away play money that I put in. I showed him my activity in the last year and that I’m not too far in the green at this point and he flipped out. Showed me how much the money I put in would have been worth today if I’d come to him and done x,y, and z with that amount.

I’m still not phased. The vets in here explained that this is what it’s like in a winter. This is how it goes. Gain knowledge from this, and use that to make good decisions in the future. If I had gotten this 200k back in November and yolo’d all of it into something then, I’d be ready to commit that. Imma stick to small gains/expectations and lean more heavy on my financial planners advice. Diamond hands I am not :lol:

I'm beginning to think people calling for 12K BTC is like people calling for a blow off top last year.

Sounds like the Internet in the early days. Dot Com bubble was due to speculation and when the bubble burst it flushed out the nonesense and the cream rose to the top with the likes of Amazon and Google.
When it comes to scams, I think to myself, how much scams has the Internet enabled compared to life before the internet. You can now get scammed from anywhere in the world now but the positives of having the internet far outweigh the negatives.

Crypto for me is on the same trajectory. Lots of speculation but Daily active users for the big L1s are increasing. It went from being some underground tech to something that Governments cannot ignore. The tech and usecase are solid so my conviction is very high.

Biggest lesson for me is not taking profits when we're in a bull market. I was looking for big wins instead of taking smaller incremental wins. I don't even know how to do TA so it's too risky not to take profits with something as volatile as crypto.

Had 0.2 something ETH on there. It was $800 at one point. Took the transaction out of my Delta app. Don't expect to see it back but its still annoying how the Celsius app sends you notifications of your interest rewards every week. Just rubbing salt in the wounds.

maybe positives outweigh negatives for web 1.0 but not web 2.0 imo

flushed out the nonesense and the cream rose to the top
exactly how i feel about it rn. i wish i had cash to throw in because i think if you choose the right ones, some really good money could be made. too bad my wife is losing all her **** in voyager and would not be happy if i took money outta savings to yolo into crypto lol. plus cost of living is so high and we have tuition and other expenses for our 2 kids.

looking ahead, i bet a lot of the **** coins and weak projects are not gonna make it.

its still annoying how the Celsius app sends you notifications of your interest rewards every week. Just rubbing salt in the wounds.
lol i get the same emails. it's super irritating.

i won't go into my stupidity for not taking profits.

interesting thread to read for anyone looking to research some viable use cases for crypto(rather than the usual ponzi, governance, etc)

Literally everyone I know who uses crypto for actual transactional purposes is doing it to launder money for or from cybercrime activities. I think there are very very few people who legitimately make use of what it can offer besides investing and criminal activity.

We are very early in this ish, the broader look at this thing benefits the world from what we traditionally know or do

We just got to give it time, work out kinks, add regulations (unfortunately) and watch it unfold

Literally everyone I know who uses crypto for actual transactional purposes is doing it to launder money for or from cybercrime activities. I think there are very very few people who legitimately make use of what it can offer besides investing and criminal activity.
that’s why it’s important for crypto use cases to be developed and implemented that improve upon what’s already in place…in addition to consistent regulatory framework to be established that will allow for institutional adoption. i believe it’s coming.

more reading re: proposed regulations in the EU.

B384B531-4354-4336-BAA3-F705D815AC9A.jpeg

Seeing the same posts / opinions as last bear market.

You know how that turned out.

^^^

Hearing a lot of stories like what i heard post ICO crash.

In a bear market, you got two options:

1. Get out there, try different chains, learn, DCA money you can afford to lose, front run the next bull run and take profits on the way up;

2. Leave, and maybe come back a bit late next bull cycle to buy the new shiny coins.

You choose

So out of all the node projects (dirty word, I know) it looks like Redlight will be the last one standing. They launch their own gasless blockchain in August. Be interesting to see how this goes.

I wondered a few months ago who'd still be standing by now. Them and Horde look to be the likely survivors.

Back
Top Bottom