Official Bitcoin Thread

I fear all this propaganda and politics is going to be downfall of crypto. If BCH succeeds, imagine how easy it would be to manipulate with real institutional money behind a takeover.

Its tough since what is it the community has always talked about: consensus

If community + miners + devs agree (in consensus) who is really right/wrong? You’re dealing with NERDS, ENGINEERS, MATHEMATICIANS, and Scholars who know every detailed code...are we too ignorant to just say “takeover” and disregard their side and analysis?

Currently, BCH is a “problem” for some peeps...but why? Market, hashpower, and community adopting show otherwise. BLACKBERRY WAS COOL once.

Last edited:
After following this thread for the entire year, one thing is clear to me. In Crypto, one day one coin is in, the next day, it can be out. The market is manipulated and if people do not pay attention, they can lose their money pretty fast.

After following this thread for the entire year, one thing is clear to me. In Crypto, one day one coin is in, the next day, it can be out. The market is manipulated and if people do not pay attention, they can lose their money pretty fast.

Knowledge is key.

Its tough since what is it the community has always talked about: consensus

If community + miners + devs agree (in consensus) who is really right/wrong? You’re dealing with NERDS, ENGINEERS, MATHEMATICIANS, and Scholars who know every detailed code...are we too ignorant to just say “takeover” and disregard their side and analysis?

Currently, BCH is a “problem” for some peeps...but why? Market, hashpower, and community adopting show otherwise. BLACKBERRY WAS COOL once.

It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about the fact that it can be changed that easily. This is the anthetesis to Bitcoin, using money that only a handful of people in the room can manipulate at will makes it worse than actual fiat. Especially when you consider the rising fees due to spam transactions.
Also, miner consensus doesn't mean community or user consensus. If fake transactions raise miner fees temporarily, to sway hash power, that is far from community consensus. You and I did not vote for this, and people are only buying BCH due to fear and hype.

It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about the fact that it can be changed that easily. This is the anthetesis to Bitcoin, using money that only a handful of people in the room can manipulate at will makes it worse than actual fiat. Especially when you consider the rising fees due to spam transactions.
Also, miner consensus doesn't mean community or user consensus. If fake transactions raise miner fees temporarily, to sway hash power, that is far from community consensus. You and I did not vote for this, and people are only buying BCH due to fear and hype.

There u go speaking for “us” again. But cool, you got it all down pact. Salute

The only people that are going to be on are the people that started at the beginning and have stood steady.

Especially since pretty soon lots of wallets are you going to implement hard stop to transactions once it fluctuates +/- . Meaning only the powerful are going to have control over this ... everyone else is going to be fighting for scraps.

That will also help the powerful in keeping their wealth in case there's a drastic change.

The only people that are going to be on are the people that started at the beginning and have stood steady.

Especially since pretty soon lots of wallets are you going to implement hard stop to transactions once it fluctuates +/- . Meaning only the powerful are going to have control over this ... everyone else is going to be fighting for scraps.

That will also help the powerful in keeping their wealth in case there's a drastic change.

Tell me more, seriously interested on the wallet info ur saying...im having to assume these are “big” wallets like coinbase rt? What about ones we own offline? Or jaxx, exodus, etc? I need to reqd up on that

Boy that BCH is making money moves ... BTW down to 6100. Damn just a couple of days ago it was up to 7900

BCH jumps over BTC:

#hashpower

DOaA75bUEAAS7bi.jpg

My best advice, just get in the game.

Get your feet wet.

People in the start of this thread said it was "too late" and opportunity had passed... it is FAR from the end with a TON of way to go... Get involved now.
I've dealt with BTC before. I just wasn't aware that you can put in a buy limit order.

Bitcoin is going down. Below 6k. Should I sell? Before it gets too low?

What's the difference between that and bitcoin cash?

I can’t stand seeing people in here asking if they should buy or sell and have no clue. Do your research and have a damn plan before you throw money at something.

Back
Top Bottom